test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what now? :/

syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Hello guys,

This isn't one of those complaint threads or abuse letters, but i wanted to get this off my chest and see what the forum and players feel about the current situation as of now.
So today i was in zone chat and i felt like having a general debate about the current state of the game, i.e the bugs and so forth, anyway as pure usual i get the same B.S from the player base who i believe are to be full of elitists and annoying little idiots, i wont swear, simply because i'm not here to complain, and iv'e yet to actually meet people who aren't so stuck up and rude, i believe there are good players out there so i'm not blaming the community on a whole, but ever since i joined 3 years ago or whenever beta was, iv'e never met nice players, i hope to.
Anyways, after that debacle i came to the conclusion that this game is pretty much on its way out, i mean heading for the big fall, worse than COH and that was my home there.
I'm just not happy with the way the developers single us out and give no communication, fix no bugs, and continuously put out crap in the store for us to buy and use our money on, i mean iv'e spent a few quid in there and i regret it immensely.
There is just so much wrong with this game that even i found the most silliest little things that bug me, and i find that even with the biggest flaws, sure every game has flaws, people have flaws, nothing and nobody is perfect, but for a game that went on for 8 years COH had very little flaws that constricted it and shunned the community, it went on for 8 years solid and was even onto new content, btw i wont compare the two games, both are good and have qualities that make each game just as good.
Well my whole point is iv'e kinda given up on the game, i want to love it, and the last few months iv'e nonstop given all my attention and time to seeing if i could change my mind on it, i don't know how many of you feel this way and i don't want to put this game on down, but i feel its not made any changes or improvements for a whole year, and right now all they do is release new garbage into the Crap store and even released or releasing new content which is ludicrous, i mean the new costume piece was rubbish, not to sound ungrateful but man its useless, and another thing i heard, purely speculation and rumor at this time is that there are a ghost development team of 2 people!
If someone clarifies this or corrects me i'd be greatly appreciated.
So all in all that's my experience on the game 3 years running and i feel its lost a lot of what made it big in the first place, call it x factor or anything you want, its lost it, and i'm giving the developers a month to get the bugs fixed or at least a main priority check, since i pay my own hard earned cash on a game i expect it to be at least on par and optimal to a certain standard, maybe that's harsh but i'm bored of seeing the same rubbish that stops me from playing it so much, in the end iv'e spent too much money and time on a game that hasn't made much effort or improvements since the last major update, to me a year without content could mean a bad thing.
Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just how i feel at this time, and it's purely my own opinion and experience that has given me this perspective, i would like to see what the community thinks of this and even if a red name could jump in and clarify any points iv'e made that would be great too, nothing personal, i just want some closure on a game that i do like and wish to call home.
Thanks for your time.

SypherV

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
Post edited by sypherv on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sypherv wrote: »
    Hello guys,

This isn't one of those complaint threads or abuse letters, but i wanted to get this off my chest and see what the forum and players feel about the current situation as of now.

So today i was in zone chat and i felt like having a general debate about the current state of the game, i.e the bugs and so forth. As per usual i get the same B.S from the player base who i believe are to be full of elitists and annoying little idiots and iv'e yet to actually meet people who aren't so stuck up and rude. i believe there are good players out there so i'm not blaming the community on a whole, but ever since i joined 3 years ago or whenever beta was, iv'e never met nice players, i hope to.

Anyways, after that debacle i came to the conclusion that this game is pretty much on its way out, i mean heading for the big fall, worse than COH and that was my home there.
    I'm just not happy with the way the developers single us out and give no communication, fix no bugs, and continuously put out crap in the store for us to buy and use our money on. i mean iv'e spent a few quid in there and i regret it immensely.

There is just so much wrong with this game that even i found the most silliest little things that bug me, and i find that even with the biggest flaws and but for a game that went on for 8 years COH had very little flaws that constricted it and shunned the community. it went on for 8 years solid and was even onto new content.

i wont compare the two games, both are good and have qualities that make each game just as good.

Well my whole point is iv'e kinda given up on the game, i want to love it, and the last few months iv'e nonstop given all my attention and time to seeing if i could change my mind on it. i don't know how many of you feel this way and i don't want to put this game down, but i feel its not made any changes or improvements for a whole year. right now all they do is release new garbage into the Crap store and even released or releasing new content which is ludicrous.

i mean the new costume piece was rubbish. not to sound ungrateful but man its useless. Another thing i heard, purely speculation and rumor at this time, is that there are a ghost development team of 2 people! If someone clarifies this or corrects me i'd be greatly appreciated.

So all in all that's my experience on the game 3 years running and i feel its lost a lot of what made it big in the first place. call it x factor or anything you want, its lost it, and i'm giving the developers a month to get the bugs fixed or at least a main priority check. since i pay my own hard earned cash on a game i expect it to be at least on par and optimal to a certain standard. maybe that's harsh but i'm bored of seeing the same rubbish that stops me from playing it so much.

in the end iv'e spent too much money and time on a game that hasn't made much effort or improvements since the last major update, to me a year without content could mean a bad thing.

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's just how i feel at this time, and it's purely my own opinion and experience that has given me this perspective. i would like to see what the community thinks of this and even if a red name could jump in and clarify any points iv'e made that would be great too. nothing personal, i just want some closure on a game that i do like and wish to call home.

Thanks for your time,

SypherV

Run-on sentences and blocks of text hurt my brain.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can sympathize...

Yes, the game has numerous bugs and am not happy with the current state of the game.
    Yes, I can't stand the lockbox/gambling issue that PWE seems to enjoy pawning off onto the CO and STO communities.

But having said that.. CO is still my favorite form of entertainment. IMO, has a great community, and I still manage to have fun even knowing and dealing with the game in its present reduced circumstances.

No, I won't spend a dime on any other game. This is my home... as was MxO and SWG. Like those games, I'll see this one to the grave as well.
  • syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Run-on sentences and blocks of text hurt my brain.

Why comment something like that? if your looking for attention join the big brother group.

edited January 2013
    I can sympathize...

Yes, the game has numerous bugs and am not happy with the current state of the game.
    Yes, I can't stand the lockbox/gambling issue that PWE seems to enjoy pawning off onto the CO and STO communities.

But having said that.. CO is still my favorite form of entertainment. IMO, has a great community, and I still manage to have fun even knowing and dealing with the game in its present reduced circumstances.

No, I won't spend a dime on any other game. This is my home... as was MxO and SWG. Like those games, I'll see this one to the grave as well.

I can understand this, and that is your opinion which i can respect, i'm hoping more people feel this way too, or maybe they might think differently.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You forgot to mention that some people answered your question about is this game worth spending money on. For some people there are things that are worth their money. But i guess that didn't fit to your point of view.
    And maybe next time don't begin your 'general debate' by swearing and calling people names. Usually people don't like that.
    But hey, good that you got it off your chest.

And i still find stuff to do ingame. And will hang on until the so called 'big fall'.
    It has its faults, but what can you do but try to hang on and enjoy the ride. As long as it lasts.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that some people answered your question about is this game worth spending money on. For some people there are things that are worth their money. But i guess that didn't fit to your point of view.
    And maybe next time don't begin your 'general debate' by swearing and calling people names. Usually people don't like that.
    But hey, good that you got it off your chest.

And i still find stuff to do ingame. And will hang on until the so called 'big fall'.
    It has its faults, but what can you do but try to hang on and enjoy the ride. As long as it lasts.

Swearing and calling people names? i have the chat log here and i can tell you right now i did not start off the chat swearing or calling people names, in fact if i recall correctly i had people saying things to me and assuming they know me and telling me what i should or shouldn't do so do me a favour and get your facts straight before you comment such rubbish and my post was not in any way disrespectful or otherwise so try and at least speak to me appropriately or not at all thanks, i have been more than fair in my post and have not judged or insulted anyone so cant think why you can speak to me like, again another reason the community is like it is.

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why comment something like that? if your looking for attention join the big brother group.

Big words for someone starting a whole thread looking for attention. Not that I necessarily disagree with some of the points in your post, but might want to leave some spaces in your block of text and maybe go for some semblance of proper sentence structure (not full on grammar but at least something readable) if you expect people to actually go through all that text.

PS: I've been mostly playing other games and looking at this one from a distance (occasionally login in to check out stuff) for MONTHS now. I'll be back on full IF the devs ever get around getting an actual vision for this game and put in some consistent development along a discernible path rather than just costantly throw the next new shiny and half finished content then make us GAMBLE for the chance to maybe get access to it.
    Big words for someone starting a whole thread looking for attention. Not that I necessarily disagree with some of the points in your post, but might want to leave some spaces in your block of text and maybe go for some semblance of proper sentence structure (not full on grammar but at least something readable) if you expect people to actually go through all that text.

PS: I've been mostly playing other games and looking at this one from a distance (occasionally login in to check out stuff) for MONTHS now. I'll be back on full IF the devs ever get around getting an actual vision for this game and put in some consistent development along a discernible path rather than just costantly throw the next new shiny and half finished content then make us GAMBLE for the chance to maybe get access to it.

I'm not looking for attention if you actually read what i wrote which you probably did not, ( and for that matter my grammar is fine thanks) then you would know that i am showing a concern for the direction of the game which is something you have entirely missed, maybe it is a block of text, short version? game sucks and needs more work, how's that? and to further my response i will say this, maybe there's not a lot of people who may read this/can't read it/too lazy to read it but it's there in all it's glory and was just making a simple point.
    Your P.S though is a thought for consideration since we share similar agreements on how this game has failed to have direction and consistency, i do apologize if i seemed rude in my earlier post but a lot of the player base come across as rude and i try to be as humble and respectful as possible, thanks for your input though.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to turn this into an "attack on the OP" thread. Since he doesn't recognize the difference between a wall of text and the revised version that I tried to sort out so people can read it. Then complains when people try to discuss his points.

We could see what you posted, sypherv. Its just a mess because good grammar includes proper punctuation and spacing.

Swearing and calling people names? i have the chat log here and i can tell you right now i did not start off the chat swearing or calling people names. in fact if i recall correctly i had people saying things to me and assuming they know me and telling me what i should or shouldn't do.

so do me a favour and get your facts straight before you comment such rubbish and my post. (IT) was not in any way disrespectful or otherwise so try and at least speak to me appropriately or not at all thanks.

i have been more than fair in my post and have not judged or insulted anyone so cant think why you can speak to me like

again another reason the community is like it is.

The community probably acts like this because its hard to communicate with you.
    I'm not looking for attention. if you actually read what i wrote, which you probably did not, then you would know that i am showing a concern for the direction of the game. which is something you have entirely missed.

maybe it is a block of text.

short version? game sucks and needs more work.

how's that?

and to further my response i will say this

maybe there's not a lot of people who may read this/can't read it/too lazy to read it but it's there in all it's glory and was just making a simple point.

Your P.S though is a thought for consideration since we share similar agreements on how this game has failed to have direction and consistency, i do apologize if i seemed rude in my earlier post but a lot of the player base come across as rude and i try to be as humble and respectful as possible, thanks for your input though.

Humble is someone who accepts the help of others who try to make your posts more comprehensible. So we can discuss what it is you are talking about.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Right there with ya, Finn.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Syph, I feel more or less the same way. There's one thing that's kept me in-game and that's the community.

Running the missions with others and all was fun for the first yr, yr/half for me but it did get boring pretty quickly. Now, most of my time is spent hosting and participating in contests with others and just general hanging out/talking. This community is much more friendly than most in the PvP or PvE groups who believe a game about heroes is really a game about the best powers. Elitist @#%^$!.

Anyways drop by and participate in some contests sometime--see if you like it. :)
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited January 2013
    Syph, I feel more or less the same way. There's one thing that's kept me in-game and that's the community.

Running the missions with others and all was fun for the first yr, yr/half for me but it did get boring pretty quickly. Now, most of my time is spent hosting and participating in contests with others and just general hanging out/talking. This community is much more friendly than most in the PvP or PvE groups who believe a game about heroes is really a game about the best powers. Elitist @#%^$!.

Anyways drop by and participate in some contests sometime--see if you like it. :)

Definitely i will still play this game no matter what so im hoping things change, im holding my breath because i also feel that people have complained long enough and there may be a chance to sort this issue out, i would love to join in and participate in anything related to CO :) i usually play late nights (in the uk).

edited January 2013
    I'm going to turn this into an "attack on the OP" thread. Since he doesn't recognize the difference between a wall of text and the revised version that I tried to sort out so people can read it. Then complains when people try to discuss his points.

We could see what you posted, sypherv. Its just a mess because good grammar includes proper punctuation and spacing.

The community probably acts like this because its hard to communicate with you.

Humble is someone who accepts the help of others who try to make your posts more comprehensible. So we can discuss what it is you are talking about.

Fair point, i edited this because i see where you are coming from.

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't get it, what is this thread about?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    klitty wrote: »

Standard "Cryptic is ignoring the game" thread. Right now it's pretty much preaching to the choir, except this time because everyone needs something to argue about, they're attacking the OP's grammar.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Standard "Cryptic is ignoring the game" thread. Right now it's pretty much preaching to the choir, except this time because everyone needs something to argue about, they're attacking the OP's grammar.

His ability to use uppercase I is also atrocious.
    I'm not looking for attention if you actually read what i wrote which you probably did not, ( and for that matter my grammar is fine thanks)

It's really not, though.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    klitty wrote: »

Lack of in game muffin vendors I think.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You've been playing for three years but haven't met anyone nice? Hell I met people within the first few months of playing that I became good friends with. They don't log on anymore but they were good people. I'm not saying this game doesn't have bad people in it...boy does it have some *******s...but it isn't completely filled with them. The majority are all friendly and accommodating.

Not gonna call you out, but maybe it might be the approach you take when discussing things? The people here (idiots and jerks as you call them) might wish things were fixed up around here, but they will be quick to defend the game if they think it's being insulted in any way (See that massive thread when a new player started bashing the game and its faults)

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not looking for attention if you actually read what i wrote which you probably did not, ( and for that matter my grammar is fine thanks) then you would know that i am showing a concern for the direction of the game which is something you have entirely missed, maybe it is a block of text, short version? game sucks and needs more work, how's that? and to further my response i will say this, maybe there's not a lot of people who may read this/can't read it/too lazy to read it but it's there in all it's glory and was just making a simple point.

In the training for my current job, one of the things they talk about is breaking up your posts. because when the average reader sees one big block they will tend to skim over it or just not bother. Just wanted to share some knowledge with ya.

I do agree on several of your points. I myself have voice alot of frustraition with this game, very openly in many Threads. Obviously I love this game as i am still here, but I will not spend a dime here until NWO is out.

As far as community, I agree that there are many jerks around, a reason I generally keep Zone chat off, but Everytime I have had to ask a question in Zone I have at least receive really good info-granted it tipically came with 2-3 jackass responses to go with a great response.

I am a heavy RPer with one of the greatest group of people I have had the chance to socialize with.

Sorry you have had bad experiences.
    and Sorry for my horrible spell'n :biggrin:
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you people get through those bound volumes of page after page of "walls of text" called books? Or is that the problem - you aren't?
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    How do you people get through those bound volumes of page after page of "walls of text" called books? Or is that the problem - you aren't?

+1

This text here for character quota.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now is the time to preen your plumage.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jaedyjaedy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Don't even bother trying to be mature at this point, the point you've tried to evoke is being elaborated by the actions by the majority of participants in this thread, and has caused me to lose any thought of even trying out the game. About to cancel my download.
    I am Jaed, the essence of corruption, lust, and seduction. If you impede on my path, prepare for a fate the gods would deem malignant.

As your crimson red blood flows down my claws, I moan in pleasure at the memories of your demise.

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jaedy wrote: »
    Don't even bother trying to be mature at this point, the point you've tried to evoke is being elaborated by the actions by the majority of participants in this thread, and has caused me to lose any thought of even trying out the game. About to cancel my download.

Wow your have very thin skin then.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    How do you people get through those bound volumes of page after page of "walls of text" called books?

Proper indentation of every paragraph and full use of punctuation and grammar. And the fact that printed text is generally easier to read and causes less strain on the eyes than digital text. Also, some books use spacing between paragraphs, columns and/or other methods of separating text into neat groups depending on what's being discussed, and make it easier to focus on the different blocks of text and further alleviate eye strain from reading.
    Guys, if a thread comes down to flames over grammar, it's gonna get closed. If you'd like to try this again, please feel free -- and sypherv, if you ever drop in-game and see me, I can point you to some people who're fun to hang out with. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.