test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysticat- Super Feline Fatale!

l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Builds and Roles
Mysticat

Mysticat is an effective melee toon, which never ceases to impress, all while being thematic too. The theme- an empowered feline fatale, with enhanced agility, strength, and healing.

Ok, the Mysticat build.

• 1.Righteous Fists
  • 1.Parry w/ Elusive Monk. A shield that provides an awesome adv- increase your dodge/avoidance for more durability. Works great with Way of the Warrior or if Quarry/Night Warrior if those are chosen instead.
  • 5. Way of the Warrior (Rank 3). Passive, which grants high dmg buff. Adds dodge/avoidance which works well with dodge/avoidance gear, which then makes your toon very durable. Quarry and Night Warrior are other passives to note. I went with Way of the Warrior since it grants the highest overall dmg buff.
  • 8. Dragon Kick (Rank 3). This power is awesome. Grants the Rush buff off of Form of the Tempest, provides a reliable stun, and is an AoE. Great stuff. Rank it to 3 and not the adv. The Adv has Diminishing Returns on it, and since we have a bunch of Dodge/Avoidance already, the adv won't do much at all. Besides, you want max dmg here. The stun works great, and I <3 when mobs are all bunch up together. On the Youtube videos below, note how Dragon Kick keeps baddies controlled.
  • 11. Form of the Tempest. Toggle of choice. Scales with Dex, stacks when you crit, which is likely the easiest to stack out of all the toggles. Provides great energy from stacks build up and the Rush buff.
  • 14. Bountiful Chi Resurgence w/ Resurgent Reiki. Heals quite well, and the adv is nice, which heals you while you dodge as well. The -10 base dmg is almost negligible.
  • 17. Masterful Dodge. I'm sure you all know that this is THE best Active Defense.
  • 20. Dragon Uppercut (Rank 3) . Alright, the Power power xD Dragon Uppercut procs the Rush buff too, which helps in the energy department. Knocks real well, which indirectly helps your survivability. Knocking foes is also a great interrupt. Big damage too, with a low charge time.
  • 23. Conviction. Great self heal, procs Molecular Self Assembly. Not much else to say.
  • 26. Pounce w/ Nailed to the Ground. Lunge, and chosen for thematic reasons. You may enter your lunge of choice here. Note though, that Pounce knocks down your opponent, which is also a great way to interrupt your foe.
  • 29. Evasive Maneuvers. (Rank 2 w/ Sleight of Mind) This is awesome, which stacks up flat dodge alongside your dodge rating. Great way to keep up durability and survival. If you wanna lose aggro, Sleight of Mind is something to pick up.
  • 32. Demolish w/ Below the Belt. This is here more for the debuff. Below the Belt will debuff your opponent so that your Dragon Kick and Dragon Uppercut hit A LOT harder. If you pick this up, you'll notice that your Dragon Uppercut can hit somewhere around 12k to 14k, which is nice!
  • 35. Ego Surge w/ Nimble Mind. If you pick up and active offense, let it be Nimble Mind. Since Con is listed, you'll benefit a lot from Nimble Mind.
  • 38. Molecular Self Assembly. I felt that since there really wasn't any other better energy unlock, this is probably the best choice due to the many cooldowns there are in this build. Might as well.
  • Other Worthy Mentions: Interrupt/Hold powers, Bionic Shielding, Night Warrior. If you want to make this into a PvP build, all you gotta do is grab a good, decent interrupt power. Bolas, Sonic Device,etc are great, effective interrupt/stuns. Bionic Shielding helps healing more, and Night Warrior is a nice thematic passive, which will also be complete with some boomerang powers. If so, this build would look more like a Batman-based build.
Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
Nature Powerset
@Man.of.Light
Post edited by l1ghtstar on

Comments

• l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stats

Primary Dexterity- Dexterity gives the crit chance, and Parry?s Elusive Monk adv along Form of the Tempest also scale with Dex. And besides, the Dex tree is too good to pass up on this sort of build.

Strength Secondary- Increases melee damage and provides knock resistance, which melee toons need.

Constitution Secondary- You guessed it! More HP!!

Other Worthy Mentions: Secondary Int and Strength Primary. Secondary Int instead of Con will help out with the energy management, but what will you let go of here? Strength Primary is pretty good, namely Juggernaut, but Dex Tree?s spec are awesome too.

Specializations

Dexterity
    • Gear Utilization (3)
      More offense/defense!
    • Brush It Off (2)
      Gain some Dodge bonuses to improve your survivability.
    • Deadly Aim (3)
      Crit Severity.
    • Expose Weakness (2)
      This is one of the main reasons why I grabbed Dex Primary over Strength. Expose Weakness makes your enemies more susceptible to incoming damage which is nice!

Vindicator
    • Aggressive Stance (2)
      Buff your defense.
    • Merciless (3)
      More Crit Severity!
    • Focused Strikes (3)
      Make your Demolish + Dragon Uppercut crit more often.
    • Mass Destruction (2)
      And make your Dragon Kick crit more often.

Brawler
    • No Escape (3)
      Quite nice, makes your enemies react slow, due to the speed debuff.
    • Penetrating Strikes (2)
      You'll be critting often, and softening up their defenses is nice.
    • Ruthless (2)
      More Crit Severity!!
    • Flanking (3)
      I <3 which is why I went with Brawler. Manage to stay behind a boss during combat, and see how much more potent your attacks will be!

Mastery. Dexterity tree appeals more than the other two specializations. More Dex, Severity, and Avoidance!

Gearing

Since most power scale on Dex (Elusive Monk, FotT) I raised my Dex pretty high, I used the 3 Vigilante gear and Heroic/Legion gear for primaries. Here's Mysticat's Stats (<-Click). If you find yourself needed more energy, you can always use talents to build up some Rec or End.

Final Words

I noticed that a lot folks running Unarmed builds have One hundred hands and other powers. I feel that Dragon Kick and Dragon Uppercut are the only two you really need. Again, Kick stuns your foes and Dragon Uppercut knocks and dmgs. I invite you to watch the videos to see just how potent this build is.
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
    edited January 2013
    Youtube Videos

Mysticat in Bash
    While watching this match, note the durability and stuns/knocks.

Mysticat in Trainstopping Alert

Mysticat in Harmon Labs Alert

And more to come!
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you charging Demolish to place your damage debuff, or tapping? If you're tapping, then Rising Knee with Flowing Strikes will place a better debuff (-15%), will knock your opponent down, and offers an all damage debuff rather than the split all/crushing debuff of Demolish. Plus Rising Knee seems more in line with your theme, and also seems to flow better in attack combos.
    edited January 2013
    Charging it. Rising Knee, not really impressed with it. It goes away too quick, imo. Below the Belt stack alongside Demolish's inherent debuff, so you're seeing a stronger debuff with Demolish w/adv, which doesn't go away, unlike Rising Knee.

If it weren't too clunky, I'd use both for extreme debuff stacking! xD
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just having a hard time understanding some of it due to the interesting format you place your builds in... also that there are slim to no Advantage Point placings, I don't know what to Rank up, or put advantages on... except the 1 or 2 that you mention.. but the other powers are completely void of Advantage point selections.

Talents may also be another confusion... what talents do you get?
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
    edited January 2013
    Hi there,

Thanks for checking out the build. Added in a few of the ranks in there. There probably some left over, for travel powers, crip chall (if you decide to pvp), etc.

As far as talents go--I usually don't go into talents due to everyone's gear and gearing methods might be (and presumably will be) different. Pick up talents that you feel comfortable with, or what your toon needs. =D
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for clarifying some of it... In order for me to enjoy others' builds, I must try to build it as they did... as you built yours. I like to experience the toons as you experience them, and find the same satisfaction... it helps me learn better why you chose certain powers, and how they work synergetically.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
  • dixa1dixa1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can this build be levelled with as is?
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You might want an attack other than your EB in the early going (particularly if you run rather than skip the tutorial), otherwise, it'll make levelling a Behemoth look fast and fun.

Just take whichever tier 1 attack you like and keep juggling throuch cheap powerhouse retcons until you can switch over to the listed build at level 8.
  • shadowruin8shadowruin8 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Super Penguin here and I just got my first freeform slot and I want to make an thematic build called "The Penguin" which will be Unarmed Ma/Might. But being new to the FreeForm stuff and after looking at your builds, I was wondering if possible you could help me.

You can also contact me in-game @Shadowruin8