test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sneak Preview - Grav Bikes and Free Costume Pieces!

124»

Comments

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    Impossible. This isn't the way cryptic 's doing.
    All is free for everyone, or all they do must be paid for gold members on top of subs (Costumes, travel powers, vehicules, catalysts, keys to open the boxes they spam, etc..).
    Cryptic don't know what are gold members/suscribers, but sponsors to develop things in the store and sell them to everyone.
    It's a new kind of freemium, the f2p are f2p, the subs too. It's a magic concept.

Question of priority certainly. The fluff regularly, the content when you can or have time between two others games.
    Not a problem, i'd buy some characters slots in swtor because there is some new characters adventures to do.
    It's always a pleasure to spend money to have anything new to discover. More than paid you for almost nothing.

Take your time. you have a lot of months to create some playable content in co. Perhaps we will have anything new to do for the end of 2013. (If you don't spend your ressources to do some events which will disappear some days later, or 15 mns content, of course). Perhaps...
    In a few months, the (few,very few) new cox players will quit as others players had quit before, and Co will in the same condition than every years since 2009. Cryptic, your feets aren't too much injured with all the bullets you fire on ?

Do a lot of costumes and vehicules for the store, mens ! It's very important, even urgent. This is what the game need in priority. ^^

. . .

. . .

. . .

What?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    . . .

. . .

. . .

What?

I think the poster just broke my sarcasm detector. Otherwise, I have no idea either.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    I think the poster just broke my sarcasm detector. Otherwise, I have no idea either.

I went back and tried to re-read his post and my brain still hurts from it.

Though i think he eludes to Cryptic shooting themselves in the foot at the end of his post, but I dont want to jump to conclusions.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • jforcestylejforcestyle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hype.

I've been waiting for the bikes. Sure my hero can super jump and has rocket boots, but some times you just gotta roll in style!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't care about vehicles... I was sort of interested in getting a bike for one of my characters if it was a direct c-store purchase, but I have zero interest in lock-box hunting.

I do like the idea of a new costume piece, a helmet, I understand... Are these helmets an account-wide unlock, visiting the giver just once, or do I have to go to him with each of my characters?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Earlier a question was posed: "What would you pay for?"

I would pay for access to an area, and that area could serve as a launching pad for new and more missions.

Not so much a new zone (though I would pay for that, too), but more along the lines of, say, access to a moon base, and from the moon base they could have a number of AP/CS sized missions that you could undertake.

They could add more missions over time, but would have to start with at least four or five.

And this content could even include space fighter vehicles. Not (necessarily) in a lockbox, but as something that you can earn with Star Guard merits or whatever.
    After all, we paid for the zone, so it's not like we would be getting the vehicles for free.

New zones are always possible, too. Actual zones with mission lines and repeatable content.

Maybe they could just give us Windsor, Ontario and let it be home to some high-tech and super-science adventures. VB exists for level 40 magic, let there be a magic-free place for 40s to play, too.

There would be all the normal loot in these zones, but they could also make exclusive loot if they could figure out a way to restrict equipping it to people that bought the new content.

You want that fancy new high-tech armor costume? Have to buy the Ontario expansion to wear it (and then, of course, find or buy the costume pieces).

Want that nifty space fighter for your vehicle instead of a tank or bike? Have to buy the space zone.

And golds/lifers are no exception.
    If they think that they will have to give lifers full access to all of the new zones that they may want to design, then that is not exactly encouraging them to spend the time and money making new zones.

Maybe they could get rid of the month-to-month subs and people would either be F2P or a lifer, and lifers would have to buy in to new content, but would still get their zen stipend and an occasional extra thrown their way.

It's a whole other discussion, but I felt that it had to be said to give some perspective on the new zone question.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    acrosscat likes spending money on chances:

But... we can? Vehicles can be bought already. I'm sure Bikes will show up in the shops. Dropboxes are literally the TF2 crates maybe containing an Unusual hat, or Dota's rarer drops from their respective crates. Either way, you get stuff out of them (usually just not what you want out of them, as the aforementioned crates).

Or is such business savvy wrong on Valve's part, too?

Yes, of course it is. In the same way that lottery tickets are a tax on the stupid.

EDIT: I really gotta learn to "keep reading". My comment is entirely superfluous at this point. :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • smartbomb32smartbomb32 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I DEARLY hope that the Grav Bikes will be available eventually in the C Store, or I'm going to do something drastic and stupid and inevitably ineffective.
  • smartbomb32smartbomb32 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Something big is on the way to Millennium City. Over the next two months, starting next week, we'll be releasing new adventures, planned for a release every two weeks.

This mega-event is going to unfold similarly to the Nighthawk event from last year: New missions will be added over time, with new items available to tie in with the theme. Everything's going to culminate at the end of the event, with what's planned to be a custom Alert. Starting next week, you'll be able to get a free costume piece, plus the new Grav Bike Arsenal lockbox.

Read the blog!
    bwdares wrote: »
    . . .

. . .

. . .

What?

lol FB "Like".
    I have no idea what that dude was saying