test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experienced officers needed for Iron Age SG

rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
Recently, I have started a SG named Metal Force. And it is for 90's style superheroes.
Why? A) because there doesn't seem to be a SG like that yet and B) because the "Dark Age" of comic books was actually fun. Don't try to deny it, 90's kids! :biggrin:

The only problem is; I can't run this SG all on my own. It needs a staff of experiences officers before it can really get started.

So if you like the 90's style and know how to run a SG, please sign up and help us giving this particular kind of heroes a home in Champions Online!

Why the 90's of all things?
There is more to the 90's than bad art, bad writing, over-the-top grittiness and silly costumes. Iron Age comics were fun, in a way that cannot be reasonably explained. The characters combined traits of action heroes with the powers of superheroes into packages of pure badassitude, which the artwork and writing style most popular at the time *coughliefledcough* sadly failed to do justice. But in hindsight, much of it was just so bad, it's good. :biggrin:
Of course, we don't take the grimdark- and grittiness all that serious. We just want to have some good old xtreme fun. :cool:

What is the background for Metal Force?
Metal Force is actually a reincarnation of the Full Metal Army, a very strict and militaristic, yet short lived mercenary organization. A few of the remaining members; Captain Star, Makina, Yuki, Trance and Turret (all chars of mine) revived the organization in a new form.
While Metal Force puts up a structured and professional front, it is a little chaotic on the inside. It is more of an losely organized agency for bounty hunters, soldiers of fortune and rather reckless heroes. Its military kind of command structure exists only to hold the organization together. Most of the interaction between members is completely informal, and independant actions are common place.
Most of Metal Force's missions come from PRIMUS and UNTIL. Its members do what regular soldiers can't and regular "capes" refuse to do. They are heroes for hire who don't mind getting their hands dirty, but still have their standards. Metal Force fights evil and protects the innocent, with xtreme methods and not entirely without personal gain.

What does Metal Force do?
Well, what Iron Age heroes do most of the time: Base raids. See, unlike regular superheroes, organized 90's heroes don't patrol the streets, looking for crime to prevent. Instead, they are sent on missions by their organization, which usually involves either villains attacking some facility or them attacking a villain's base. It's more like military operations than typical superheroics.
To emulate this, Metal Force events revolve mostly around group content; Lairs, Adventures, Nemesis, Alerts, even PvP, which also involves a healthy does of grinding. And personally, I wouldn't mind one bit to put some RP into it.

Short version:

* A home for Iron Age chars and people who don't hate this part of comic book history!

* Group missions and alerts without noobs and PUGs, guaranteeing success!

* Optional roleplay!

What do I need to join Metal Force?
A char with a 90's style costume. Think Youngblood, Bloodstrike, X-Force, Newbloods, WildC.A.T.s., UltraForce, even G.I. Joe Xtreme, and the like. You can consider that our SG uniform. 90's style names are very welcome too, but not necessary. Also, you should have some team skills; the gameplay as well as the social kind. That's all.
As with most 90's comic super groups, Metal Force has focus on technology and science, as in hi-tech military and mutants. Still, that does not mean we wouldn't accept supernatural characters, as long as they got the 90's stlye. :wink:

In-game contact: Mail at Makina@RokuroCarisu.
Post edited by rokurocaris on

Comments

• lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey now!! That was the days of Silvestry, Jim Lee, Dan Greene, and Todd McFarlane (Ok, have to admit Todd made me tilt my head a moment to see if I really liked his art, which in the end I did), to name only a very few. It sure beat out the pokemon style drawings my kids have to put up with today... *sigh*
    :) Not really a rant....but I loved the art and stories of those days. Mostly thinking of Marvel, more specificall the X comics, in which you are right, they WERE very militaristic.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "You got your rules and your religion, that's designed to keep you safe, but when rules start getting broken you start questioning your faith"
    Paragon Vanguard
    Luke Minhere
    Hughe of The Purple Robes