test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Qular and Gadroon Vehicles!

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
The Qular and Gadroon vehicles already in game are cool. And the IP has some nice stuff not in CO (there's a great pic in the champions rulebook of the champions fighting gadroon in space with a very cool Qular fighter and Qular in bubbledome helmets!)

Not only are there players with Gadroon and Qular characters but quite a few with Gadroon and Qular weapons.

It would make sense for many scifi and tech characters to have jury-rigged or repaired or stolen a Qular vehicle from the Qular invasion or from the Gadroon.

So how about we get the existing Qular and Gadroon vehicles in the game as vehicles for our heroes?
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I rather see these added as Noncombat travel powers.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited December 2012

...I hope you're being intentionally facetious.

Noncombat travels powers are plain stupid, and the game not only never needs another one, but the ones we have need to be changed to work in combat.

Also, /signed for Gadroon sleek silver vehicles added to the game. Roin'esh design doesn't hit the same awesome buttons for me, but I do love the Roin'esh ships hexagon patterned skin.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    iamrune wrote: »
    ...I hope you're being intentionally facetious.

Noncombat travels powers are plain stupid, and the game not only never needs another one, but the ones we have need to be changed to work in combat.

Why not make noncombat TPs as devices ? So you can still use 2 normal TPs in combat
    and use your vehicle just for long travels. For me thats less stupid than morphing yourself into
    a piece of metal while loosing all your powers and get some others instead.

And else : I want a Klingon Warbird :p
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Well while there's many possible criticisms of the current vehicle system (and i've made plenty of these myself) the system is there now. And there is always the choice of using the existing combat vehicle system as a non combat travel power by simply not hitting the attack buttons while using it.

For those who like having weapons on their vehicles, with weapons on vehicles already being extant, i dont see it as reasonable to preclude them from having alien deathrays on their alien vehicles. Especially as we have Qular vessels using weapons in the tutorial do we not?

So while we have the current weaponised vehilce system i think that gadroon and qular vehicles should be placed within it.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CALIGA APPROVES FOR VARIETY!

STAMP OF APPROVAL!
    SandalofCaligula.png
  • Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    personally, i don't like the qullar ships too much, but i really do like that racy gadroon scout ship that's set up as furniture in a few lairs. that being said, the new vehicle category i'd like to see is "Flying Saucers."

1) Flying Saucer: Weapons: 2 (Containment field, Cow catcher), 2 armor, 2 enhancement. This should be a little larger than, but look something like Gazoo's flying saucer from the flintstones.

2) Heavy Saucer: (aka 'flying hamburger') Weapons: 2 (shield,med drones), 3 armor, 1 enhancement.

3) Scout Saucer: (the gadroon scout ship) weapons: 1 (Holo Field), 2 armor, 3 enhancement.

Given the propensity of 'alien' superheroes, i'd think the item would be a good seller at the z store.
  • Options
    d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I do like the sleek look of the gadroon ships,and heck, who wouldnt want to ride around in an alien space ship.Would love to see them in game as vehicles. :biggrin:
    /signed
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Brilliant idea!
    And for all we know on the way (tho probably not) but yeah an excellent plan. Perhaps a PVP space arena for "great space battles".
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Could we get a TP where my character stands on *top* of one of those sleek Gadroon ships, and fights from there? How about one where our characters stand atop a giant bug/bat/dragon and launch attacks from that?

Or, you could go a bit more obscure and have your character stand atop some sort of hard-light construct, energy disc, or some sort of runic construct.

How about a steam version of superjump, or one where a pillar of rock erupts from under you to launch you into the air?

There are many untapped possibilities that can make use of the existing TP mechanics...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums