test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fiery Pets?

kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Power Discussion
One of my favorite powersets in COH was a Fire/Kinetics Controller.

Having seen a couple of NPCs running around with fiery pets, I was wondering how many fiery pets can PC characters have and what kind are they?

Edit: Not expecting to be able to make anything that's particularly like a Fire Controller here, but I'm looking to recreate a character here that used to be a Fire Controller. I'm thinking that Fiery Pets would be the way to go for that as I've heard that Controls are weaker here.
Post edited by kaosarcanna on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some of the pets you could probably colour orange to look like fire...And I've seen a few. I think there's one or two fire pets that work, and there is another 'pseudo' pet called Fire Snake which runs around while on fire, burning guys. Not quite a pet per-say, but it travels along the ground and looks snake-ish.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's probably the Fire Snake power from the Fire set. It's a "temp" pet.
  • Options
    karremaniakarremania Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can also pick the demon from ritual of Ebon Summoning, then take the unbound ritual to make him a static pet (else its bound to a ritual and you can only summon him on the spot and not doing any other ritual).

Though rank 3 makes him quite a fire troller, does aoe fire and stuff.

For temp summons (mostly 20sec duration/recharge)
    Summon Shadows, change Hue to red/orange and its some sort of fireimps.
    Pyromancer's Blades, it are blades, but is very fiery'ish.

I think the only 'real' set you can recreate from the MM side is beastmastery, there are 3 summon powers that can summon beasts (raptors, wolfs and bears), maybe along side bots (2 gadget summons and the Ebon Arcane ritual - it looks somewhat robotish).
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't count on Summon Shadows for your imps, they don't actually change colors, even though it lets you change it in the power screen...unless you don't mind dark purple imps on your fire troller.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A Fire Controller can be done quite easy in here... I am running a DPS/Controller myself and its lots of fun. Tell me more about your theme and maybe I can help make a build for ya. When I see Fire Controller I think a build that does fire damage and can use good holds... but control could be knocks too. And no holds are not weak here, you just have to make the synergies work for you and you have to have a plan B.(secondary build focus) for Bosses because holds don't work well on them. I went with tons of DPS as my plan B. but you could easily go for healer, tank, debuffer, pet master as plan B. My main Tito can stun for 8seconds or paralyze for almost 1minute and brings plenty of DPS to the fight, he's mostly focused on the DPS part. If he was focused on the Controller side he could do 12second stuns which are not reduced by damage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    In COH terms, Sunday Blaze gained her powers after dating a Hellion. :D

So her powers should be fiery demon related. That's why I really like those level 26 demons... the Infernal, the Hellfounds etc ... would really LOVE a toon that had those for pets. :biggrin:
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In COH terms, Sunday Blaze gained her powers after dating a Hellion. :D

So her powers should be fiery demon related. That's why I really like those level 26 demons... the Infernal, the Hellfounds etc ... would really LOVE a toon that had those for pets. :biggrin:

Made my interpretation of a Fire Controller on PTS. It has great survivability and decent DPS. I picked one pet and one pseudo-pet so I hope it will fit your theme.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Fire Controller (Tankish/DPS)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats: Lv40 test toon had 539INT 115REC 71DEX
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Unleashed
    Level 6: Agile
    Level 9: Brilliant
    Level 12: Tireless
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Negotiator

Powers:
    Level 1: Throw Fire Theme energy builder
    Level 1: Fireball (Unstable Accelerant) Theme AoE + fire resistance debuff
    Level 6: Immolation (Rank 2) Active Offense/filler to get out of fire set
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3) Awesome defensive passive, needed because you attack at close range
    Level 11: Manipulator Controller toggle, scales with INT, increases hold magnitude and attack damage
    Level 14: Thunderclap (Rank 2, Rank 3) Great stun, procs Manipulator and MSA
    Level 17: Conflagration (Rank 2, Rank 3) Main attack, AoE
    Level 20: Ritual of Ebon Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual) Theme Pet
    Level 23: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3) Theme pseudo-pet, debuffs Elemental(fire/cold/toxic) resistance
    Level 26: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki) Self heal, great with dodge, procs MSA
    Level 29: Molecular Self-Assembly Secondary energy unlock, procs from cooldowns ending
    Level 32: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique) With adv. it pulls mobs towards you, at rank2 it gets fire FX for theme
    Level 35: Masterful Dodge Active defense, +dodge chance +avoidance
    Level 38: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3) Great self heal, procs MSA

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Teleportation
    Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

The way the build works is to get close to mob group and use Vicious Cyclone to pull mobs towards you. Then you stun them with Thunderclap for 8seconds(with 8stacks of Manipulator, specs and above stats). Thundeclap will proc Manipulator and MSA for energy. Make sure to always have Fire Snake up and tap Fire Ball for huge fire resistance debuffs, they will both hit multiple targets. Then you finish with Conflagration. After every full maintain of Conflagration use Thunderclap to refresh Manipulator and MSA for energy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    TY!

I will definitely try that! :D