test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Order of Justice

hawkwing4hawkwing4 Posts: 7 Arc User
The Order of Justice is currently recruiting new members! If you believe you would fit in with us, please read the below information about what we look for in a member.

1. Style: In order to maintain our image as upstanding superheroes, we will not accept those who do not bear the appearance of a superhero. Demons, Fallen Angels, Vampires, Werewolves, Vigilantes (those who murder and maim criminals), and Steampunks need not apply. If there is contention on this issue, the word of the Elites is final.

2. Heroism: Even those who look like heroes may not always act that way. Because of this sad truth, the Order of Justice cannot accept any applicants who use lethal force in order to fight evil. As superheroes, we often operate outside the law, but we never act against it, even if it is for the greater good. Any member who commits a criminal activity will be given one warning before being given to the authorities.

3. Cooperation: The nature of a group implies that the members will work together toward a common goal. In the Order of Justice, that goal is the furtherance of liberty and justice in Millenium City and abroad. Members are expected to help each other when in need, and to be unafraid to ask for help when it is needed.

OOC Info

Thank you for your interest in the Order of Justice! We are a group of like-minded people who enjoy full immersion into the universe of the Champions Online MMORPG. We roleplay in character much of the time, but we also strive to be a fun environment and foster friendships outside of the game. In order to keep things fun, there are a few OOC rules in addition to the IC ones. Keep in mind that the Order is a theme group, and without some of these rules, it becomes just another role-playing supergroup like any other.

1. We require all members to fit the superhero theme. Admittedly, this can range quite a bit. Some of the most diverse superheroes include Thor, a Norse god; Batman, a dark, brooding hero without powers; Iron Man, a normal guy in a high-tech suit; Martian Manhunter, a shapeshifting alien; Dr. Fate is a sorcerer; the list goes on and on. In the end, if your character is recognizable as a superhero, you are welcome here.

2. We prefer our roleplayers to be literate and use good grammar and spelling. This is a guideline rather than a rule that is carried over from my days as a play-by-post roleplayer. I understand that some players may not be using their native language if they're using English, so there is leeway here; however, I'll provide four examples and explain which ones are appropriate. These are merely intended as gauges for your writing, not absolute measuring standards.

"In my youth, I had always dreamed of growing up to be a politician. I know what you're thinking. 'A politician? What child wants to be a politician?' I did, though, and now I'm making my dream come true."

The above is an example of very good literacy. It is the most desirable.

"In my youth I had always dreamt of growing up to be a politcian. I know what you're thinking. 'A politician? What child wants to be a politician?" I did though. And now I'm making my dream come true."

While this contains a few grammar and spelling mistakes, it is still a legible piece of work. This is the lower end of the spectrum.

"in my youth i always dreamt of gorwing up to be be a politcian. i know what your thinking 'a politcian? what child want sto be a politician?' i did though and now im making my dream come true'

This is an example of something that is not preferred. The shift key is not hard to press. You are not sending a text message. You're writing a shared story. This detracts from the immersion of that.

ion my yuth i wantd to be a polticon i know wat ur thinkin ploticon??? wat kuid wants plociton????? bt i did n now my dream iz comin tru

This needs no explanation.

3. We require an in-character interview for all our members. This helps us to weed out characters or players that would not be a good fit for the group. Denial of a character doesn't mean that the character or players is "bad," only that they aren't right for the Order of Justice.

And please remember: We are expected to act like heroes both in and out of character. Be kind and courteous, help others if they need it, and be mature. This will help make the game fun for all members.

In order to apply, visit our website.
Post edited by hawkwing4 on

Comments

• hawkwing4hawkwing4 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Our leader, Shadow-Wing, has formed the Academy of Justice as a training program for young heroes seeking future membership into the Order! If you have a young solo hero, a former sidekick, or even wish to play a current sidekick of one of the members of the Order, then apply today to the Academy of Justice!
  • thejudge573thejudge573 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm interested global is @thejudge345