test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unlock existing world vehicles for players + vehicle auras

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Suggestions Box
Ok so we have become device cehicles.

Currently they appear to be hi-tech military hardware, maybe Until is making them or something?

I'm hoping that we get more super-hero-y looking vehicles soon and some made to fit common costume themes such as retro-scifi stuff.

And this thought occurred to me: if heros are going to use mass-produced military tech... well wont they be using the stuff already in the game?

Well i've seen enough people in viper costume pieces who i'm sure would love a viper jetbike or a viper tank.

I'm pretty sure those Ospreys would work for some people too.

And then i kept thinking... some of those roadsters really look nice, i could totally see some heros concealing some pop-up guns and missiles in one of the sleeker cars already on the streets!

And there's a few police characters i've seen.. i'm sure they'd like one of the squad cars.

And sure personally i want (no i need, NEED, NEED!) a retro scifi-rocketship but i could totally see some characters wanting to fly one of the Gadroon or Qular craft already in the game!

And i also thought.. what about the non-military characters? Well if we could whack a flame aura or such on an ordinary vehicle suddenly it can become an elemental, hellish or magically enchanted vehicle.

Now sure we will still need some dragons or flying chariots or golems for the more arcane/historic magic crowd, we still need some new shiny designs of vehicles (like rockets and flying saucers!) but if heros are going to grab some mass-produced weaponry why we have a lot in the game already that would make perfect sense and i bet there's several people would really really like to get!
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with all of this, and make them colourable in the costume editor (dont need piecemeal design just color) that is definately doable and is pretty essential!
  • makforevermakforever Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have designed my hero when I was 4 yesars old its very important to me what my hero will drive. I hate current available vehicles, any other would be better.

I'm Mak!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want the cargo vessel in the harbor for all my lockbox drops.
  • illuminia87illuminia87 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with all of this, and make them colourable in the costume editor (dont need piecemeal design just color) that is definately doable and is pretty essential!

Highlighted for false information.
    Unless you work at Cryptic, no one knows how doable or easy anything is, and in most cases what the community thinks would be easy, is exactly the opposite.

Anyways, I support adding more vehicles with different themes. Not every hero wants to fly around in Star Wars vehicles. :biggrin:
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally, I'd like to know how a ground based vehicle, like a police car, strafes right and left...

It would be hell on the tires...

:tongue:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2012
    /signed
    There are tons of vehicle models alerady present in the game. Some of them, like Osprey and VIPER hover bike, are wanted by players for a long time.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    we do have TONS of vehicle models in game, I'm sure they can implement them, some of which with different mechanics (namely the inability to strafe on cars and bikes, but its the speed, not the power, that matters). The only vehicles I can see that probably won't make it are the subs in lemuria, they'd probably either make them exclusive to that zone or tweak them to fly, but then again, we already have jets that go in water, so maybe subs can fly.

But in conclusion

/signed
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I say lets grab any moving or parked vehicles and go on a thrill ride. If we happen to run over NPCs, they need to drop greens.

/walks away smugly from an exploding police car

Alright, this isn't GTA but we could use fast zipping vehicles everywhere or from certain pick up points. Anything but the junk that are become vehicles. Put that hover disc from sky command in the zen store.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Incidentally, something I've done for a while is use any kind of Tunneling, then click a police car and press F. Although you can't control it, you can at least pretend that you're driving the police car, and you never know, sometimes following police cars will lead you to interesting things, like players arguing in localchat over the philosophy of ice cream flavours (happened to me once, was just wandering around, suddenly, found myself lurking near a strange conversation).
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]