Install Arc
Options

Vehicles Launch Friday

2»

Comments

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And they're confirmed to be in lockboxes.

I estimate this is where we'll be going.

Hey guys! We're releasing a really cool adventure pack! But it isn't free! You'll be able to access this great adventure pack by opening the Therakiel's Revenge Lockbox, which will give you:
    60% chance of a Favor of the Champions device which is bound to your character, but affects a whole team!
    30% chance of 25 R3 mods
    5% chance of Nephilim Gear (Five whole mod slots!)
    4% chance of Caliburn's Excalibur Hawkwing (with magical FX and a gold paint job!)
    1% chance of Therakiel's Revenge Adventure Pack 4-time Access Pass!

The Adventure Pack consists of a series of two-minute drills against beloved bosses like Edmund Cully, Guy Sweetland, the Madstone and Gravitar!

Spoilers: Gravitar is actually the final battle. She one-shots Therakiel.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so the vehicles are confirmed to be in the crappy lockboxes?
    Why can't we have the grab bags make their return?

EDIT:

apparently the return of the crap box, also its no longer takofanes fault, I wonder who we can blame for the lockbox plague now?
    Your are correct!

What does she win Bob?

"Why, she's got yet another waste of Dev time GT!! Another waste of precious Dev time.."
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys, guys, remember the awesome thing early vehicle adopters are getting? It's going to be a nerf! OH EM GEE! Thanks Cryptic for such a great reward for investing in your ideas. In all seriousness though, I appreciate that they keep trying to balance them but this doesn't feel like a reward at all all.
  • Options
    vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay, so I'm a little confused here. Are we going to be able to customize our vehicles in the tailor, or are we going to have to use pre-designed color combinations?

Are the different skins just paint designs that we can choose the colors for, or are they pre-chosen/locked colors?

Would love some answers here.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too hard to code a Magical Mount Ponies for the Hover bikes, shooting rainbows from their eyes and spewing cottoncandy from mouths.

Yeah, defo using this for my Might char, hard as diamond personality, always the first to throw a punch and to finish it off, she will ride into battle on a super high pony, spewing rainbows and love from EVERY SINGLE part of it's body :rolleyes::biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    vincyre wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm a little confused here. Are we going to be able to customize our vehicles in the tailor, or are we going to have to use pre-designed color combinations?

Are the different skins just paint designs that we can choose the colors for, or are they pre-chosen/locked colors?

Would love some answers here.

As of yesterday, you could not change the colors of these Vehicles. So I assume (unless there is a massive change 2mrrw) that they will be predesigned things.

I know that I love being able to personalise stuff to all of my chars, the only vehicle I will be putting my money on is the Widow Type Hover Bike for my assassin, but that's about it really.

Since the speed nerf it just seems a little lack luster. I mean when has Spiderman been able to out run the X-Men's BlackBird?
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Drifter Salvage to buy these vehicles?...

A way of consolidating all our currencies to one pool (I'm referring mostly to Questionite and Drifter Salvage here, not Reputation such as MCPD or Primus merits) would be handy. Speaking for myself, I have several characters with 30-50 Drifter salvage each from opening those lucky dip boxes. Had I been told that Drifter Salvage was the way of obtaining these vehicles, then I would have opened all of the boxes on one character.

Oh and yes I am aware of being able to put up and pull down Q bids on the exchange using different characters.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also:

"What superhero do you know that uses a tank?"

None. Now you can be the first. I didn't model my character to be 'like X'. It would serve you well to do the same.

I don't know if I'll be buying one of these, though. I had always sort of hoped vehicles would have a few more functions, like taking a passenger and fast-traveling from one zone to the next.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...when has Spiderman been able to out run the X-Men's BlackBird?
    Well, to be fair, when was the last time Spider-Man left NYC? He's pretty much a one-town kind of guy. And I really doubt Swinging will be faster than Vehicles...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe Spiderman swings with Jet...
    0.jpg
    :tongue:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    so the vehicles are confirmed to be in the crappy lockboxes?
    Why can't we have the grab bags make their return?

EDIT:

apparently the return of the crap box, also its no longer takofanes fault, I wonder who we can blame for the lockbox plague now?

simple, grab bags were in the store out of sight. Bought when wanted.
    Lockboxes are there collecting in your bags, as a constant reminder of what you might have. Curiosity makes more sales.

also read the cosmic keys description, it is to open ALL future lockboxes
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    danquellerdanqueller Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *looks around the street*

"Hmm. Now, where is my Tumbler? I parked it around here..."

*Picks up notice on street side*

-Note: Superheroes don't use tanks. Impounded by the Society of Golden Age Purity. Toe the line, or we will tow it for you.-
    STO%20EMOTE%202.jpg
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    simple, grab bags were in the store out of sight. Bought when wanted.
    Lockboxes are there collecting in your bags, as a constant reminder of what you might have. Curiosity makes more sales.

also read the cosmic keys description, it is to open ALL future lockboxes

great....so we're having all lockboxes from now on, and no way to automatically discard them.
  • Options
    goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As of yesterday, you could not change the colors of these Vehicles. So I assume (unless there is a massive change 2mrrw) that they will be predesigned things.

I know that I love being able to personalise stuff to all of my chars, the only vehicle I will be putting my money on is the Widow Type Hover Bike for my assassin, but that's about it really.

Since the speed nerf it just seems a little lack luster. I mean when has Spiderman been able to out run the X-Men's BlackBird?

Wow? Really? I hope this isn't the case. For a game that prides itself on its character customisation, it would be disappointing if every vehicle looked exactly the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wow? Really? I hope this isn't the case. For a game that prides itself on its character customisation, it would be disappointing if every vehicle looked exactly the same.

Well apparently there will be 13 different skins which you can grind for to get them

V____________________________________________________V
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I can't color my hypothetical new vehicle my character's preferred color, then forget it. My main will not fly around in a generic black jet, nor will my Nighthawk Gadgets character continue flying in her white prototype when it needs to be purple 'n gold.

If we can't even color the vehicles, then these vehicles engines will die before they've even started.
  • Options
    spacecatlivesspacecatlives Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems that the vehicles that interest me will be only available in lockbox or grabbag form.:frown: I am not against lockboxes or grabbags, but it is now clear that I WON'T be getting a vehicle.

Sorry, PW, I want to spend money on CO, because I love the game. But I will not be buying any lottery tickets.

On the positive side: I would gladly pay for an expansion of the game. By expansion I mean NEW ZONES, MISSIONS, COMIC SERIES, etc.

Unless of course, they came in a grabbag or lockbox.
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know the vehicle lockboxes are replacing the Takofane's but, what I'd like to know is, are the loot tables from the Takofane's boxes being removed as well? I'd much rather have the four slot gear found in Takofane's than a vehicle and still have hundreds of boxes. I'd rather not try opening any though if I won't be able to get the best items in those boxes though.
  • Options
    blackenedhatterblackenedhatter Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really?

This is it?

You couldn't, you know, actually put in vehicles of a sort used by Super Heroes, could you?
    The Hawkwings showed promise.

I love that you have attempted to tackle vehicles in this game.
    But my points won't be spent until there is something I can use.
    A car, perhaps? A battle-van? A motorcycle? A helicopter? How about an invisible jet, even?
    Or an SR-71 Blackbird? Harrier?