test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Waiting for Rank Up Catalyst Super Extravaganza Sale

l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
As title suggest, I'm waiting for a Catalyst Super sale, where I can grab rank up catalyst at a reasonable prize, and not these Grab bag/Lock Box stuff...

I'll use all of my accumulated Zen plus I'll throw my credit card info at the screen. In a heartbeat.

I doubt It'll happen soon though.
Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
Nature Powerset
@Man.of.Light
Post edited by l1ghtstar on

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You and me both. Those current prices are insanely expensive. $30 to go from a R8 (which is hard enough to get) to a R9 for a mere +2 to your stats?! Way WAY too expensive for what it is.

If I had to guess sales spiked a little when it first came out for those people who are filthy rich and don't mind blowing money on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't sold a one in days.

Even a half-price sale would be on the fence for me, but I might just close my eyes and buy what I need for my main anyways. Use up all my Zen on it.

I understand the point of the high prices, it gives a way for people to push the ceiling a little more, something to strive for. But +2 points for $30 to get to the top of the ceiling is just nonsensical, you'd be better spending the Zen instead on Drifter Grab Bags and Consumable Devices (i.e.: Heroic Recovery, Triumphant Recovery, Teleport-to-Teammate 10-pack, etc.)
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well I got 6 R9 on one of my toons, max of 8 possible since one of the mods does not allow R9. 2 were from drifter bags got lucky. Bought 2 harmon catalysts from other players and 2 were fusing to r8 and then farming Q to trade in for zen and top up a bit of cash to get the R8 to R9 catalysts. They are definitely pricey. But the worst you can get is after all the effort put in, they make a change to powers and you have to retcon everything and refarm your gears and mods.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Those upgrade catalyst prices need to be slashed considering that its insanely easy to get high ranked mods in a single tako chest.