test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maybe CO ought to have a dodge roll too?

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
Because all of my friends that were stolen away by NCSoft's latest game, when returning to CO, constantly complain that they can't get used to blocking again. I'd normally tell them to shut up and go back to their holy messiah of a game, but hey, I like dodge rolls too. They look cool.

METHOD 1: Dodgeroll 'block' - A block power that enables dodgerolling.
When you hit your Block key and push a direction, your character will perform a dodgeroll and all incoming attacks will have their damage reduced by:
The user's avoidance rating
OR
The dodgeroll's defense benefit.
With this hypothetical power, you should still be able to block normally but it should be much weaker than normal block powers.

METHOD 2: Give dodgerolls to EVERYTHING
Allow all blocks to perform the dodgeroll and add their avoidance rating to whatever they block during the roll. It's at least a 20% damage reduction during the roll, so it's... kind of worth it?

Dodgerolls should definitely have an internal cooldown of two or three seconds that can't be affected by cooldown reduction gear and all powers and toggles should shut off during the roll.

One last thing, I recently played this old Genesis game called Alien Soldier and it was awesome. The protagonist had a move called Zero Teleport where he sped across the screen through enemies without taking damage. If he was at max health he'd turn into a flaming bird and kill everything in his way. Could we get a travel power or ANY power like that? Thanks~
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• swedsandbroswedsandbro Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /Signed

Dodge rolls could definitely be added to the game, if possible. Preferably in a fast manner that allows you to run out of, say Gravitar's, Orange bubble of certain death. If the block mechanic is still use while moving, that makes for a safer way of retreating then just run like hell.

Also, for the teleport thing: You have Void Shift (Sure, it doesn't take you behind enemies but close enough) and for the flaming bird thing there's Phoenix Flight.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here's a thematic variation for you then:

Zero Teleport: Hold block and push a key and you instantly teleport 20 ft/25ft/30ft in the direction you pressed depending on rank. Weak block component, dodgeroll effect can't be used, but great for getting out of targeted AoE range. This power allows you to move through enemies.

You can see it used a lot here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtdcIk6-19U&feature=related

oh those zany tool assisted speedrunners
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This would be awesome and IMO should have been in the original build, but unfortunately I think it's too late since most of our powers rely on locked on targeting, and would likely make our dodge stat pretty useless unless it was like an extra roll (as in dice) when rolling to increase our chance/avoidance.
  • dragonblueydragonbluey Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A dodge roll would be pretty cool. Even if it's not really a dodge, just like, say, sometimes when you jump forward you roll along the ground when you land. I just like rolling.
  • sers1sers1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    considering i left for awhile for TSW and now keep dying when i try to dodge roll and it doesn't work >.>

/signed!
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is just a little problem: In DCUO, you can actually dodge an attack, while in CO every projectile homes in on you, connects and does at least 1 HP damage.

I think there is a way we could have a dodge roll though: As a power that buffs dodge and avoidance.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There is just a little problem: In DCUO, you can actually dodge an attack, while in CO every projectile homes in on you, connects and does at least 1 HP damage.

I think there is a way we could have a dodge roll though: As a power that buffs dodge and avoidance.

Pretty much as I described it. :P When rolling, incoming attacks are reduced by your avoidance.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Or maybe a 1 second buff to dodge chance?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It would look cool if there could be a Dodgeroll. But is it really worth it? I mean, it's like copying every other games. RaiderZ have that feature for every class...I think.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter