test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

connection issues after oct 4 maintainance

serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
I dont know what you fixed in this maintainance but its broken the game for me (

I logged in a little over 2 hours ago (first time since patch), and for an hour tried to play with the game with more rubberbanding and lagging than ive ever had before, and also 3 disconnects.

Now i cant even connect at all the patcher times out before it connects.

The game was fine before this maintainance and my internet isnt the problem as everything else is working fine.

Please look into this and reverse whatever you changed with the servers/patching/bandwidth allocations or whatever else you did this patch!
Post edited by serendipitynow on

Comments

• Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let's wait and see if this new patch fixes the connection issues.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It is most likely the routing is the problem, since it is not a problem for everyone.
    Looking at what the game does when launching, it seems something like this for me:

1) it connects to the ip 208.95.185.41 on port 7255
    2) then to ip 208.95.184.117 on port 7255
    3) then it opens a http connection to http://launcher.champions-online.com/launcher_login

First the patch servers.
    So figuring out what goes wrong, test the connection to those ip's.
    So first a trace to the ip adresses in 1) and 2), type in a commandline: tracert 208.95.185.41 and: tracert 208.95.184.117.
    Then try telnet to the those ports (it could be that you need to activate it, search google for that), so that is: telnet 208.95.185.41 7255 and: telnet 208.95.184.117 7255 (this should return a blank screen, no error messages)
    If the routing works like it should, but telnet does not, it is probably a firewall issue.... somewhere.

Then the launcher itself.
    Next open the address in 3), you can test that on internet explorer and a non internetexplorer browser. If internet explorer will not display that site but firefox will, CO wont either, which would be internet explorer's fault.
    If neither will open that page, check if the route is good (tracert launcher.champions-online.com).
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here's another flag in favor of routing issues. I've been dropped by the server several times tonight, the last time right in the middle of a fight with Menton. :P Traceroute came up with no connection. And I haven't had any problems until tonight.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif