test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120816P.5 PTS Update

drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120816P.5

Greetings!

We have made a good amount of fixes to the issues that were found to the Nighthawk Event.

Enjoy the mission, and we await your feedback!

Known Issues:
Bug: The three instances only drop a single Concrete Evidence, instead of one for each member on the team. - Workaround for this is to complete the instance Solo and not on a team.
Bug: Vehicles are currently going through some visual and backend changes, so you may encounter some bugs and differences with what you have last used in prior updates. These are not necessarily Working as Designed, but are Working as Expected until all of these changes are completed.

Patch Notes:
Powers:
  1. Gadgeteering: Throwing Blades: This power has had its damage and cost reduced. This will result in lower DPS.
  2. Gadgeteering: Ricochet Throw: This power has had its damage and cost reduced. This will result in lower DPS.

Missions:
  1. Nighthawk Event: Third Sighting can be accessed now.
  2. Nighthawk Event: Second Sighting Now has critter spawning.
  3. Nighthawk Event: Evidence can no longer be used.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Developer QA Tester
Cryptic Studios
Post edited by drannic on

Comments

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally! the darn boomerangs got nerfed!, now make smoke pellets actually useful and we are good to go =p.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The vehicles explode when you turn them off. Surprised me.

Played it up to the queue for the final part and everything seems to work fine. The second Nighthawk? went down incredibly fast but the third was quite a sudden surprise in comparison. Hope the second one will be adjusted.

Also when giving Defender all the evidence, there should be some text to emphasize that you need to go to the final location. Just a flavor text thing.

Anyone mind posting when they plan to get on so we can test the final queue and the alerts if they are ever up? The PTS is usually occupied by players who only want to test their live builds rather than use the PTS what it is there for.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Franklin Stone is misspelled "Frankling" in Defender's briefing on "Who... is Nighthawk?"

Issue, possible bug: No arrow or instructions on where to proceed with the mission after you get it from Defender. I looked for an instance in the queues, couldn't find anything.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited August 2012
    SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO TRY THIS FIRST

We finally got a team together to queue for the lair itself and oh boy there are a LOT of things going on here. So I'm not going to put up individual bugs because it was quite a mess, but I enjoyed it.

First off the cut scenes are wonky but appreciate the message saying work in progress. Nighthawk's arrival was sudden and defeating all the enemies off screen was kind of jarring. I guess this is being worked on now but getting somewhere. (As a recommendation I would like his reveal to be one where he mows all the villains down mercilessly.)

In the penthouse itself there was nothing explaining we needed to hop in the jets. There should be some kind of confrontation leading to the rooftop and we fight a mob there.

After that a cut scene revealing the big bad, making Nighthawk summon his vehicles for us to use. Vehicle use could be an option we can choose to pass.

As for the boss itself there is a LOT going on. A boss designed for vehicle flight is literally a whole different game. But you guys put a lot into it. Plenty of hazards and quite an epic confrontation. His health recovery needs to be looked over though.

Other issues are that mobs like sinking in the ground on the rooftop making them impossible to damage. And if you leave the map through the crime computer you are stuck in the vehicles.

I really liked the lobby for the building and its all set up in phases for the fights. Keep it up.

So bugs summarized:
    Nighthawk cut scene needs polishing and pacing.

Needs build up and not rushed to get in vehicles. Nighthawk could help fight in penthouse up onto rooftop.

Confrontation and setup up to reveal Nighthawk's vehicles after big bad shows up.

Floor stuck mobs.

Leaving map with crime computer makes you stuck in vehicle.
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there going to be any ways to work around the lair being a group instance because there currently aren't enough players on pts for me to test it...

My main character is Blackflight
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Finishing Franklin's penthouse, and exiting the instance normally, will cause to get stuck in the vehicle as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So...considering how bad Sneak looks with SS/Acro, could the shuffle animation be tossed? As it is, it's functionally more like...Predator Stealth than being "sneaky". Especially since it flies now.
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Was kinda sad to see the boomerang nerf but I knew it had to be done...at least they did not nerf it to heck though..it still is quite a nice power and one I will be keeping.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So...considering how bad Sneak looks with SS/Acro, could the shuffle animation be tossed? As it is, it's functionally more like...Predator Stealth than being "sneaky". Especially since it flies now.

Oh yeah I support this...oh and Sneak is being detoggled by stuns instead of refreshing decloak. If this is intended then you don't understand this game and what a passive toggle is.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So about the update.
    1) The instances seem to update my graphics...? I'm not sure but my graphics look a bit higher while in the instance compared to not. Also the lighting looks weird, no dynamic lighting it seems.
    2) Bug: Bullet Beatdown third hit is still selfrooting with Rank 2 of the power.
    EDIT: Nighthawk? #3 only had 433 hp
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seems msot of teh bugs on franklins penthouse were already touched o nearlier, in this thread but please for teh love of god, ditch the open mission mechanic of the first half of teh mission. i udnerstand there were sightings and whatnot, but just leave that to progression of the mission. its already going to take a bit of time as it is hunting down stones goons for the 10 pieces of evidence, dont make it longer by implementing that horrible open world mechanic
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I managed to play the first part of the event up to the queue. Here are some things:

- The second Nighthawk impostor goes down too easily.

- Franklin Stone's goons are currently not part of the 'Hired Thugs' faction.

(- Not directly related to the event but to the 'Hired Thugs': This faction is also used in Alerts by Deadman Walkin', where their Master Villain is named 'Master Villain Default' and is unable to attack player characters.)

- A little more fluff in the first part of the event would be nice. Give the Concrete Evidence some flavor text and some dialogue to the Nighthawk impostors and goons. The event needs a little more tension to build up to the fact that it's all just a plot from Franklin Stone. May I make a suggestion here? The impostors could be known shapeshifter / master of disguise / illusionist villains hired by Stone. Examples which are already ingame:

'Red' Jack McCall, the shapeshifter serial killer from Stronghold
    Morph, his partner in crime and also a shapeshifter

A rogue Roin'esh officer

Flavor text for the Concrete Evidence could then be:

1. Evidence: "You got this sample of organic tissue from the first 'Nighthawk'. Running it through your Crime Computer shows that the DNA matches 99.9 % with that of the Roin'esh."

2. Evidence: "This is the tape of a CCTV camera of the bank. You took it from the second 'Nighthawk'. It shows the shapeshifter Morph changing into a perfect replica of Nighthawk."

3. Evidence: "The third 'Nighthawk' had this piece of paper with him. It is a contract between ACI Industries and the shapeshifter 'Red' Jack McCall and signed by the ACI Industries CEO, Franklin Stone himself."

- Gas Pellets could use a boost in raw damage.
    edited August 2012
    lordwolfy wrote: »
    Was kinda sad to see the boomerang nerf but I knew it had to be done...at least they did not nerf it to heck though..it still is quite a nice power and one I will be keeping.

Yeah... honestly everyone knew that those powers were overperforming. I did quite some testing last night and I must say I feel happy in the way they feel -damage wise, cast time and energy cost-. I feel they are finally at that sweet spot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    Yeah... honestly everyone knew that those powers were overperforming. I did quite some testing last night and I must say I feel happy in the way they feel -damage wise, cast time and energy cost-. I feel they are finally at that sweet spot.

i disagree on cast time for ricochet throw, it takes way too long to be doing that low of damage non crit, id say make it a quarter to a half a second faster

edit for: clarification
    edited August 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    i disagree on cast time, it takes way too long to be doing that low of damage non crit, id say make it a quarter to a half a second faster

what? they made Throwing Blades super fast with the last patch... its like .78 cast time. Ricochet Throw its still slow though.

Edit: 0.83 cast time, 0.67 activation... so thats 1.5 sec for throwing blades, yup thats darn fast. Though Ricochet Throw its 1.33 cast time with 0.67 activation so its 2 sec total

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    what? they made boomerang cone super fast with the last patch... its like .78 cast time. Boomerang throw its still slow though.

i mean to say on ricochet throw, throwing blades seem perfectly fine to me
    edited August 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    i mean to say on ricochet throw, throwing blades seem perfectly fine to me

Ahhh okay that makes more sense to me right now, yeah ricochet throw its at 1.33 cast time at the mo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Er.... What? My sneak has no "shuffle" animations when i use SS/acro, I'm just running around as normal.

Snark never dies.
    edited August 2012
    Ahhh okay that makes more sense to me right now, yeah ricochet throw its at 1.33 cast time at the mo.

yea, so make that a 1 second charge, and it should be golden if its damage is going to stay where its at
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Er.... What? My sneak has no "shuffle" animations when i use SS/acro, I'm just running around as normal.

At band 3, the normal animation for the travel powers takes over. At band 1 and band 2, the Sneak animation persists, despite moving WAY too fast for the animation's design.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sneak detoggles when I enter or leave an instance.

Also, could you arrange it so that powers that were toggled on before I activated a vehicle are still toggled on when I deactivate it? I want to be able to start out swinging in stealth mode, switch to jet in midair, fly somewhere, and leave the jet with Swinging and Sneak active.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OH GOODNESS, when I exited my Jet today, it exploded in a ball of fire and thunder, and I disappeared for like a full two seconds and was worried that a Very Bad Thing had happened to me, but then bloop, I was on the ground again and fine.
    That is a serious bug there, lol.
    Noticed that the damage output for the boomerang throw has been lowered a bit, but still deals a good amount of damage. No harm, no foul.
    Also, kinda disappointed that the "Stone's Penthouse" part of the Nighthawk mission is a Lair that you have to queue up for. Almost no one is on PTS with any regularity, so it makes it very difficult to test out how this map works.
    It'd be neat if the developer's could host some kind of in-game PTS event, and encourage everyone to play on PTS and test some content. Maybe egg us on with neat prizes, perhaps.
    I'd suggest a style of fighting claws that mimic Nighthawk's bracers, but that's just wishful thinking, heh.
    In lieu of that, if anyone else is having difficulty gathering a group for testing, send me a PM if you need a hand.
    edited August 2012
    I forgot about this bug.

Finishing the Franklin lair and after getting the place holder reward, it tells me to return to Defender. When I leave the lair instance it resets back to having to confronting Franklin.
    Nighthawk? #3 only had 433 hp

It seems that people are getting different stated bosses.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The power formerly known as Boomerang Cone can't seem to hurt trashcans.
    edited August 2012
    The power formerly known as Boomerang Cone can't seem to hurt trashcans.

cryptic seems to have caught on to my hate of trashcans, benches and chairs :P