Options

Shinigami Sithlord Tribute

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
edited August 2012 in Costumes and Concepts
(( WIP ))
THEMESONG <<<<

>>>> SHINIGAMI Picture <<<<

Shinigami is a charatcer "based" on Star Wars / SithLord
abilities and appearance ( extended Star Wars lore / Custom ).
It is NOT a clone , its more of a tribute.

Mode 1: The armor has 3 modes: Heavy Plated with tech support
Mode 2: Light Armor with hologram terminals and tech support
Mode 3: Sneaky Armor mode wich has hidden its energy signature-
also the most powers of the armor are shut down.

>>>> Pictures of the Armor modes <<<<

Melee Powers:

Laser Edge - for the lightsaberstyle ^^
Lightwave Slash - moderate melee AoE dmg / lighsaber
Void Shift - on keybind with Laser Edge ,shield breaks and stylish movement ( crippling challenge )

Shields and Buffs:

Ebon Void - HP on block and increasing shield strenght
Concentration
Bountiful Chi Resurgence - HP while fighting
Resurrection Serum - Ressurect my friends
Targeting Computer
Shadow Shroud
- apply fear to ebemy and increasing all dmg

Ranged and AoE Powers:

Pulse Beam Rifle - moderate dmg and debuffs
Sparkstorm - decent AoE and knockback / sithlord sparks style
Force Eruption - damage buff and heavy knockback / jedi/sith force style
Lifedrain - HP drain while doing light damage ..making fight liquid
Overdrive
- energy on maintaining powers

>>>View the Build here<<<

What you guys think?

I wil update this thread in case fo character changes =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i dont nothing about star wars. tho i like the game.
    shouldnt it be lightning instead of darkness ?
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zer303606 wrote: »
    i dont nothing about star wars. tho i like the game.
    shouldnt it be lightning instead of darkness ?

Sith sorcerers used abilities that had a "darkness" look to them as well as lightning abilities, especially the the healing specs.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's alright, a little to grimdark-y for my tastes.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm not a fan, and I'll tell you why.

1. Just my opinion, but I don't particularly like it when people try to recreate something from another game / franchise / etc. Sith in Millennium City just isn't my bag of cookies.

2. I hate Sith. For the Republic!

3. See above.

In all seriousness though, why would you create a Sith? If you wanted to play as a Sith, why not play SWTOR? Then, you'd actually 'be' Sith. Not to mention, it's been done before. Tons and tons of Jedi and Sith knockoffs running around all over the place.

While it's not a carbon copy of a named or known Sith in the Star Wars Universe, it still feels very much like a clone to me, and I just don't get behind clones.

Sorry.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In all fairness. Once Cryptic added the unleashed AT. They pretty much opened the door for this. Cant really blame a person for using tools provided and in the manner they were intended.

I'm with St Moth, the costume is fine. It does its job, its instantly recognizable as to what its trying to be. Something not everyone can pull off well. Its just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In all seriousness though, why would you create a Sith? If you wanted to play as a Sith, why not play SWTOR?

Because then you'd have to play your Sith with an old, generic combat system and have to bind about 47 keys to all your skills to get anything done.
    1. Just my opinion, but I don't particularly like it when people try to recreate something from another game / franchise / etc. Sith in Millennium City just isn't my bag of cookies.

How do you go a day playing this game if you can't stand characters from other genres? :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm not a fan, and I'll tell you why.

2. I hate Sith. For the Republic!

3. See above.

In all seriousness though, why would you create a Sith? If you wanted to play as a Sith, why not play SWTOR? Then, you'd actually 'be' Sith. Not to mention, it's been done before. Tons and tons of Jedi and Sith knockoffs running around all over the place.

While it's not a carbon copy of a named or known Sith in the Star Wars Universe, it still feels very much like a clone to me, and I just don't get behind clones.

Sorry.

There is MILLION of wolves and Were wolfes in this game.. werewolves come from another tale...also peopel create GREYS wich come from another tales...

if you dont get why peopel create a "species" from another story... then u should not create any species except that one you totally created yourself...

also...if the star wars universe is an alternative univese is a pool of multiverses why i cant create my favorite species?

as i said i have not cloned "darth maul" or "lord revan" i created a sitlord that dont exists within the star wars iniverse, its like peopel create vampires .. its just a SPECIES and in my case it is a Ideological culture , similiar to having a religion...if its wrong to create a species then i wanta ll people to stopplayign demons , elves , zombies and so on oO

and and why the darkside?

Because not everyone is good...my Character is a Villain.. because there is enough Heroes... i just cant wait until we can be what we want.. villains..lol

there is so much dark content .. even so much content that makes you look evil...why?

if they dotn want villains... they should stop creating thigs that look evil available for players..lol

oh and for the darkness powers, i had to stock up soem power that give me health ..lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    *puts on nerd hat*

Umm, just want to point out that in Star wars lore Sith is a philosophy. The Sith species did exist but where totally wiped out.(And if memory serves they look nothing human, being kinda bug like) The current folks who call themselves Sith are simply humans (or other SW species) that adopted the sith way as their own. (a way that, mind you, lead to them being wiped out)

Anyhow. Ive already said that if they give you the tools go for it. Have fun with it that's what its there for. :biggrin:

But I have to disagree on the, "because there is enough Heroes" part. Heroes are grossly outnumbered by the evil, demented, grimdark villains out there. We need more tights clad heroes dangit.

*takes off nerd hat*

And no, you cant have my nerd hat.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i mean as playable faction.... i dislike serving somone who wears the wrong colors and tighs..lol

its bad that we cant select to be evil or not...
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    There is MILLION of wolves and Were wolfes in this game.. werewolves come from another tale...also peopel create GREYS wich come from another tales...

if you dont get why peopel create a "species" from another story... then u should not create any species except that one you totally created yourself...

also...if the star wars universe is an alternative univese is a pool of multiverses why i cant create my favorite species?

as i said i have not cloned "darth maul" or "lord revan" i created a sitlord that dont exists within the star wars iniverse, its like peopel create vampires .. its just a SPECIES and in my case it is a Ideological culture , similiar to having a religion...if its wrong to create a species then i wanta ll people to stopplayign demons , elves , zombies and so on oO

and and why the darkside?

Because not everyone is good...my Character is a Villain.. because there is enough Heroes... i just cant wait until we can be what we want.. villains..lol

there is so much dark content .. even so much content that makes you look evil...why?

if they dotn want villains... they should stop creating thigs that look evil available for players..lol

oh and for the darkness powers, i had to stock up soem power that give me health ..lol

The reason they allow us all the dark costume parts is because of the popular genre, anti-heroes, not because they want us to play villains. Frankly playing supervillains would suck, as we would end up being minions and not supervillains. Note villains are proactive and heroes reactive generally. It would be nearly impossible to have missions created for supervillains that didn't feel like you were in fact a minion for another who pulled the strings.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We coudlgive villains open world mission in tons, attacking buildings , burning civilians , kidnapping women , performing rituals to get more strenght, robbing banks , attacking groups of civilians , attacking the baptist , doing recruiting drives , helping other villains to make a villain mafia XD

so much thing a villain could do...villain player could be player who can freely choose what mission to do and what not... maybe making them able to make their "nemesis" earlier and give them tons of random nemesis mission ?

Where a will is... is also a way...
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...Where a will is... is also a way...
    1. Champions
    2. City Of Heroes
    3. City of Villians
    4. DCUO
    Yup, and there's your way :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We coudlgive villains open world mission in tons, attacking buildings , burning civilians , kidnapping women , performing rituals to get more strenght, robbing banks , attacking groups of civilians , attacking the baptist , doing recruiting drives , helping other villains to make a villain mafia XD

so much thing a villain could do...villain player could be player who can freely choose what mission to do and what not... maybe making them able to make their "nemesis" earlier and give them tons of random nemesis mission ?

Where a will is... is also a way...

Ah I love your optimism. I mean they have been so forthcoming with the hero content I am sure they have plenty of developers to spare for your suggestions, most of which would require significant changes to the game. In short, if you want to play a villain, don't play Champions, as it is never going to happen.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh in rp i can still be a villain..lol... i just thought cryptic would love to make more money XD

there are mayn people who wouldplay this if we could be real villains
  • Options
    edited August 2012

The point is, if someone goes out and creates a werewolf based character, or a vampire based character, it's making use of a generic archtype of fiction, in that werewolves, and vampires and such, exist in many forms and flavors across thousands of IPs.

However, if you were creating a specific factional werewolf, from say the "Underworld" franchise, then you are creating a clone. It may not be a clone of a specific character, but you are still inserting that IPs fiction into this IP's world.

That is what you have done in creating a "Sith". Sure, it's not Darth Maul or Lord Vader, but, it is inserting the concept of the Sith, which are specific to 1 (and only one) IP, into the game world of Champions Online. That's a copyright infringement, especially since you state that your purpose was to create a Sith, and not a generic mystical warrior using kinetic and shadow powers who carries a blade of light for a weapon.

Do you see the difference there?

You created a Sith. Not a concept, which is based on the Sith, but called something else entirely.

As another example, I have a Power Armor character called Sentinel. I've done my best to see that character has a near similar powerset to that of Iron Man. However, his story is different. His armor is not "Stark Industries" tech, and there is no connection to the Marvel Universe, or to the Iron Man IP, other than a similarity in his attacks.

That would be an example of creating a homage character, without stepping into the franchise itself, and not stepping on copyrights either.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, to play the devil's advocate here, the OP never said that anything we'd see in-game (RP or otherwise) states that the character Shinigami is a sith lord. Not in the bio, not in behaviour, etc. While the influence is pretty clear here - clearer than with most homages - I'd say this is still a case of 'In dubio pro reo.'

Considering the costume itself, well not my cup of tea, but as sockmunkey pointed out it gets the point across nicely has a clear, defined from and is recognizable. Considering that I'd say it is good work, even though it certainly isn't something I'd put on any of my chars.

The villain argument we already had a thousand times and as a player who only does play villains concept-wise, I have to say I'm against a villain side. Frankly the development time and cost would be too big for the eventual profit. Besides I'm happy that I can play my 'villain' chars the way I want in RP or open game. Putting villain missions ingame forces you to RP a specific type of villain, which just doesn't fit some bad guys. Taking your example missions and my main villain char, who happens to be the elusive mercenary mastermind type and comparing them:

- attacking buildings: He'd do this, if there was a good reason for it. Destruction for destruction's sake? No, doesn't bring profit.

- burning civilians: Why would he burn random civilians? There's no profit in it and the smell is terrible.

- kidnapping women: If there's a ransom, he could get behind it, otherwise: Why?

- performing rituals to get more strenght: Magic? Eeew... Get it away from him!

- robbing banks: This one is reasonable, ok.

- attacking groups of civilians: Again, why? Maybe there'll be a contract on them later and then they're already dead!

- attacking the baptist: There's not really a point in attacking a baptist for attacking's sake.

- doing recruiting drives: Reasonable. I'm with you for this one.

- helping other villains to make a villain mafia: Also reasonable. But there are also villains who would just work alone.

As you see, having predetermined missions is even more limiting for villains than heros, who can always use the 'For the Greater Good!' argument to partake in all kinds of stuff, be it repelling an alien invastion, banishing a demon or stopping a bank robbery.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The current folks who call themselves Sith are simply humans (or other SW species) that adopted the sith way as their own. (a way that, mind you, lead to them being wiped out)

It wasn't the way that they lived that got them wiped out, it was a retaliation by the light side that wiped them out, at least that's how I remembered it. Could be wrong.
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    The reason they allow us all the dark costume parts is because of the popular genre, anti-heroes, not because they want us to play villains.

I dunno, any way you slice it, being able to play a demon is just, inherently evil, isn't it? They give us costume pieces that would only work as evil monsters and stuff. Evil, baby-killing monsters are not antiheroes! :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I dunno, any way you slice it, being able to play a demon is just, inherently evil, isn't it? They give us costume pieces that would only work as evil monsters and stuff. Evil, baby-killing monsters are not antiheroes! :P

You gota admit, that would make an awesome parody character.

"So your name is baby-killing monster? And you're a hero?"

BKM "Uh huh" Nom nom nom

"Ack, its trying to eat me"

BKM "No No, im friendly! See its not blood....its BBQ sauce!" Nom nom nom

*runs away in a panic*

BKM "Come back, I only wanna help you! With my teeth" Nom nom nom
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really like the looks of your "armor modes" - yes, they're heavy on the use of black, but they are clean designs that don't try to cram too much detail everywhere.

BTW, I wasn't aware you could use the 90's mask w/ hoods... I'll have to check that out.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, to play the devil's advocate here, the OP never said that anything we'd see in-game (RP or otherwise) states that the character Shinigami is a sith lord. Not in the bio, not in behaviour, etc. While the influence is pretty clear here - clearer than with most homages - I'd say this is still a case of 'In dubio pro reo.'

Considering the costume itself, well not my cup of tea, but as sockmunkey pointed out it gets the point across nicely has a clear, defined from and is recognizable. Considering that I'd say it is good work, even though it certainly isn't something I'd put on any of my chars.

The villain argument we already had a thousand times and as a player who only does play villains concept-wise, I have to say I'm against a villain side. Frankly the development time and cost would be too big for the eventual profit. Besides I'm happy that I can play my 'villain' chars the way I want in RP or open game. Putting villain missions ingame forces you to RP a specific type of villain, which just doesn't fit some bad guys. Taking your example missions and my main villain char, who happens to be the elusive mercenary mastermind type and comparing them:

- attacking buildings: He'd do this, if there was a good reason for it. Destruction for destruction's sake? No, doesn't bring profit.

- burning civilians: Why would he burn random civilians? There's no profit in it and the smell is terrible.

- kidnapping women: If there's a ransom, he could get behind it, otherwise: Why?

- performing rituals to get more strenght: Magic? Eeew... Get it away from him!

- robbing banks: This one is reasonable, ok.

- attacking groups of civilians: Again, why? Maybe there'll be a contract on them later and then they're already dead!

- attacking the baptist: There's not really a point in attacking a baptist for attacking's sake.

- doing recruiting drives: Reasonable. I'm with you for this one.

- helping other villains to make a villain mafia: Also reasonable. But there are also villains who would just work alone.

As you see, having predetermined missions is even more limiting for villains than heros, who can always use the 'For the Greater Good!' argument to partake in all kinds of stuff, be it repelling an alien invastion, banishing a demon or stopping a bank robbery.

Well i made many examples for different type of villains .. i dotn meant to force someone to do all the mission...

AND i feel forced.. my toon comes to this world and has powers .. why would i help defender and his friends who wear ugly and color ***** tighs?

Why would i save children in demonflame? they are not even my species....
    Why Would i kill demons? i dotn even believe in demons...
    Why would i kill Dr Destroyer?
    I wanna support him...?!

What if i want to go with Foxbat?
    The point is, if someone goes out and creates a werewolf based character, or a vampire based character, it's making use of a generic archtype of fiction, in that werewolves, and vampires and such, exist in many forms and flavors across thousands of IPs.

However, if you were creating a specific factional werewolf, from say the "Underworld" franchise, then you are creating a clone. It may not be a clone of a specific character, but you are still inserting that IPs fiction into this IP's world.

That is what you have done in creating a "Sith". Sure, it's not Darth Maul or Lord Vader, but, it is inserting the concept of the Sith, which are specific to 1 (and only one) IP, into the game world of Champions Online. That's a copyright infringement, especially since you state that your purpose was to create a Sith, and not a generic mystical warrior using kinetic and shadow powers who carries a blade of light for a weapon.

Do you see the difference there?

You created a Sith. Not a concept, which is based on the Sith, but called something else entirely.

As another example, I have a Power Armor character called Sentinel. I've done my best to see that character has a near similar powerset to that of Iron Man. However, his story is different. His armor is not "Stark Industries" tech, and there is no connection to the Marvel Universe, or to the Iron Man IP, other than a similarity in his attacks.

That would be an example of creating a homage character, without stepping into the franchise itself, and not stepping on copyrights either.

So much hate for the Sith , as someone mentioned the SITH is a philosophy...something like a religion... should i call that the "Sithh" with an H more or i can Simply call it "Dark ord" ??? i mean Champions STOLE the Lighsaber and called is Lasersword wich is also a official name of Lightsaber so...okay

IF Philosophies of "aternative universes" are forbidden then Cryptic can Shutdown the entire game because NOTHING was created by them.. it albased on different tales and stories..

Even Defender...lol google for DEFENDOR...
    Oh and what i do is not illegal since its only forbdden to make a Darth Vader so on.. but you are allowed to make a Sith , Christ , Buddist , Villain , Hacker , Symbiote ....and so on...
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I really like the looks of your "armor modes" - yes, they're heavy on the use of black, but they are clean designs that don't try to cram too much detail everywhere.

BTW, I wasn't aware you could use the 90's mask w/ hoods... I'll have to check that out.

No no it is the Retro-Scifi Goggles wich can be used with Hoods ^^

And thank you =)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So much hate for the Sith , as someone mentioned the SITH is a philosophy...something like a religion... should i call that the "Sithh" with an H more or i can Simply call it "Dark ord" ??? i mean Champions STOLE the Lighsaber and called is Lasersword wich is also a official name of Lightsaber so...okay

Here I agree. Champions, when they put out the "Unleashed" AT, and added the "lightsaber' swords, were pretty much saying "Hey, come play and make Jedi and Sith, rather than playing SWTOR!"

I don't agree with what they did, and they did steal the lightsaber/laser sword.
    IF Philosophies of "aternative universes" are forbidden then Cryptic can Shutdown the entire game because NOTHING was created by them.. it albased on different tales and stories..

Even Defender...lol google for DEFENDOR...
    Oh and what i do is not illegal since its only forbdden to make a Darth Vader so on.. but you are allowed to make a Sith , Christ , Buddist , Villain , Hacker , Symbiote ....and so on...

I never said it was "illegal".

I said it was "copyright infringement".

Consider for a moment...

If DC comics put out a comic, where they have massive robots, called "Sentries" which are tasked with hunting down superheroes...

Dont you think Marvel might take a bit of issue with that, considering their long established "Sentinels" in the X-Men franchise?

That's what you are doing here. Sure, you might not call it a Sith, it may not have a Darth in front of it's name, but for all intents and purposes, it IS a Sith, and as we all know, Sith ONLY exist in 1 particular universe, and it's not the Champion's Universe.

All that being said, I don't want to argue this anymore. As I stated in my first post, I'm not particularly a fan of the concept.

Does that mean I'm saying you shouldn't do it, or enjoy it?

Not at all. To each their own, and if you like it, then really, isn't that all that matters? :redface:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&from=fx3&search=+infringement

thats what it translates for me.., and no... almost every 2n player i mneet plays a character fron another universe.. so....i dunno where peoples problems are with it.. soem play even manifested figures of a comic book.. so?!

haters gonna hate
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Because then you'd have to play your Sith with an old, generic combat system and have to bind about 47 keys to all your skills to get anything done.

This. I had to have most of the keys on my nostromo AND a razer naga bound just to be able to play most classes, especially in PvP.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You honestly believe George Lucas invented laser swords??

Gods, I feel old now...

(Even TVTropes acknowledges the "force knife" from Isaac Asimov's ["Paul French"] Lucky Starr stories: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LaserBlade)

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    You honestly believe George Lucas invented laser swords??

Gods, I feel old now...

(Even TVTropes acknowledges the "force knife" from Isaac Asimov's ["Paul French"] Lucky Starr stories: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LaserBlade)

LOL youre bored as hell arent you? ^^

Good to know that lightsabers are THAT OLD XD stil wasnt invented by Cryptic / Marvel at all^^

Got your point anyways^^
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Consider for a moment...

If DC comics put out a comic, where they have massive robots, called "Sentries" which are tasked with hunting down superheroes...

At some point in time, Image comics had a character that looked exactly like Sabretooth, but had a different name. I never dug deep into the subject but I doubt Marvel sued. I mean, you can't copyright the look of a character, and the name was different, so, whatevers.

I think if DC wanted giant superhero-hunting robots, nobody would bat an eyelash. I bet they could call em santinals and make their leader a giant piece of mold named M.A.S.T.E.R. everything would be kosher. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Consider for a moment...

...they'd call them OMACs, and turn one of them into a superhero itself...

Edit: Or they'd call them "Manhunters", and make them the robotic predecessors of the Green Lantern Corps (and then let one Lantern design his costume after their appearance)...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!