test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who was Night Eagle?

polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
In the Champions PnP books was there a character named Night Eagle? I ask because in the Nemesis Action Figure Shop there's a character you can buy named Night Eagle and I was wondering if he had a connection to the PnP books or if he was made up by Cryptic.
Post edited by polishlightning on

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I haven't seen Night Eagle's name anywhere in the books, so it is possible he's a completely new creation of Cryptic, but I wouldn't rule out that he might be an actual character in the Champions Universe. But since Cryptic owns Champions, his creation means he is in the Champions U anyways, so it's sort of what it is.

For all I know he could just have been another template option, like the other Champions, that got taken to the next level within Champions Online.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wasnt there a picture of him in the 4th edition "Big Blue" champs book ?

Pretty sure it was a black and white interior piece (sorry dont have the book any longer) showing him holding an M16 assault rifle. I am probably mistaken but I think the artist was Storn Cook (or was that before his time with Hero ?)

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I was only asking because I saw his Action Figure (AF) and wondered if he was in the lore. There are a bunch of AF in the nemesis store and I wondered if they were Cryptic creations or if they took them from the books, are they nemesi or heroes? I heard something about a Champions complete collection coming out. Maybe that will give us the answer.
  • Options
    klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Back in the days of Champions 5th Edition, The Champions roster included: Defender, Witchcraft, Ironclad, Sapphire, Kinetic and a dude called Nighthawk who was an obvious Batman clone/homage: a martial-artist street-avenger type with a utility belt and a dark costume, complete with cape and cowl. The bad part was that the hood of his cowl had this giant silver beak which made it hard to take him seriously as a brooding vigilante. I suspect this is why he didn't make the cut in 6th Edition or the MMO.

Night Eagle sounds like a take-off of this character... or maybe even this character reborn.

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    klytustrue wrote: »
    Back in the days of Champions 5th Edition, The Champions roster included: Defender, Witchcraft, Ironclad, Sapphire, Kinetic and a dude called Nighthawk who was an obvious Batman clone/homage: a martial-artist street-avenger type with a utility belt and a dark costume, complete with cape and cowl. The bad part was that the hood of his cowl had this giant silver beak which made it hard to take him seriously as a brooding vigilante. I suspect this is why he didn't make the cut in 6th Edition or the MMO.

Night Eagle sounds like a take-off of this character... or maybe even this character reborn.

Except, Nighthawk is making the cut he isn't apart of the Champions and left the Champions before 6th edition. And in fact he has his own arc coming up sometime at the end of this month. I don't think Night Eagle is Nighthawk renamed. In fact, stokeman's (CO's new EP) avatar is Nighthawk, as you can see here.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Night Eagle actually looks somewhat like Batman. By the stubble and the smirk I'll assume he's supposed to be a villain. Maybe all the AF in the Nem store are.
  • Options
    klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Except, Nighthawk is making the cut he isn't apart of the Champions and left the Champions before 6th edition. And in fact he has his own arc coming up sometime at the end of this month. I don't think Night Eagle is Nighthawk renamed. In fact, stokeman's (CO's new EP) avatar is Nighthawk, as you can see here.

Cool! The only thing that kept folks from taking NH seriously was that silly costume of his. Now that they lost the beak, he looks pretty good. Also, as a vigilante, he did not fit-in with the more traditional 4-color heroes on the Champions, so it makes sense that he left that team and struck out on his own.

Now all they need is for the Harbinger of Justice to make an appearance... then they could do a proper Dark Champions spin-off.

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • Options
    thequestionmanthequestionman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nighthawk is a Batman Homage who's art drew some fire due to his Hood. Looking at it closely caused some of us to call him Duck-Hawk or Night-Duck. It got pretty silly enough so that a Mr. Mxyzptlk/Mighty Mite Homage Drawing turned up later. Inclueding a Kid Nighthawk in the Everyman sourcebook.

Nighthawk was a 5th Edition replacement for Seeker of 4th Edition. The Austraiian Ninja/Samurai of the Champions Universe who like Nightwing got no Respect.

Cheers

QM
    Hero Adaptations, Conversions, & Resources
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63848

Hero System 3rd Party Products
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/64013-Hero-System-3rd-Party-Products

"Life is not about having the Right Answers. It is about having the Right Questions." - QM
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    klytustrue wrote: »
    Cool! The only thing that kept folks from taking NH seriously was that silly costume of his. Now that they lost the beak, he looks pretty good. Also, as a vigilante, he did not fit-in with the more traditional 4-color heroes on the Champions, so it makes sense that he left that team and struck out on his own.

Now all they need is for the Harbinger of Justice to make an appearance... then they could do a proper Dark Champions spin-off.

Harby won't be in any Dark Champions spinoff: Steve kept the rights to him. He does appear in game, however, as Steve's occasionally played PC.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg