test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Custom Intro Cinematic

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Suggestions Box
Ok so here's an idea i had to ramp up the imersive feel for the game putting our characters front-and-centre.

Have a short little cinematic, one we get to choose some key features of, that runs when we leave our hideout, when we choose a character on the character selection screen and that a shortened excerpt of plays at the beginning of major alerts.

Firstly we get to see our own character close-up in a cinematic, an extension of the distant glimpses we get at the end of some alerts.

Secondly the cinematic functions like the intro of a superhero cartoon, a key repeitition of our character as the hero, the centre of the show.

Thirdly in alerts it gives us a quick but decent view of our team-mates who we wont get much chance to see clearly while rushing into combat.

So this would work with our characters appearance and our characters primary travel power. An image of them travelling towards the screen that then gives us a nice dramatic close-up and their name in big lettering.

What would be customisable?
First there should be a choice of background environmments they are moving through such as milenium city, canada, the desert, vibora bay, lemuria, monster island, the moon, earth orbit, deep space etc. Some special alerts might have a special background.

Second the pose for the close-up should be a choice of emotes or a power animation.

Third the name should be from a choice of fonts, a choice of colours of the lettering, a choice to include an emblem and the emblems colours.

I don't know if this game can use the cinematic the way many videogames do, to hide long loading, but it would be good if it could.

The increase in imersion and the hyping of our heroes should help increase the super-heroic feel significantly.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i rather see an option to skip them entirely but each their own.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It would be cool to see our toons in a customized cinematic,maybe even with the whole alert banner and the voice actor guy yelling our names.

/signed
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm all against cutscenes as long as they are not skipable :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To pacify the impatient (which, in this case, is entirely understandable), I think this should be something that is "off" by default, and can be added by the player. Further, I think a good argument could be made to limit this to Gold players.

Otherwise, I think this is, at least in principle, a good idea.

I don't think it would be possible to have the announcer give our names; after all, there are a few hundred to a few thousand characters in the system, with more being added every day; the demand on his time, and on audio file storage, would be tremendous. However, we might be allowed to create an audio file ourselves as we announce our character names, storing that file on our own computers (meaning none of that gets uploaded).
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    good Idea!
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Previously on Champions..."
    *Cue 90's superhero cartoon theme*
    edited July 2012

So /signed for 90s theme song intros :D
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012

/signed thats a great idea!
    Add to my intro suggestion a range of intro music choices, catchphrases and announcer lines. Though the idea is still to have them be short, and with the alerts extra-short.

And regarding those who dislike cinematics sure making intros skipable is reasonable. Though I do note that if it is hiding a longer loading as many cinematics in games do then it wouldn't speed anything up.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think this would be better the first time we log into a character that day. Make it a kind of daily (recognition/questionite) gained where the character does start in a custom situation and changes/transforms into their hero outfit to go out and complete the random mission of the day (tied to one of our costume slots).

Or take this a step back and revamp the Help a Citizen missions to be themed around that more often.
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of theme songs for us,why dont ALL heroes/villains get them,I mean hearing the same track play while I fight a boss gets boring,Itunes is the only thing I have to use to make up for the bosses not having their own personal soundtrack playing when we fight them,maybe even nems can have this,like a specific premade them,such as orchestral,rock,metal,etc.