test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archetype] The Hydronic

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
A water powered archetype ... the power FXs should look like the ones from GLACIER but in liquid style...

we could also have some water costumes.. like this:

costume without armor parts

costume with armor
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Look, before there can be an archetype, there has to be a power set for it.
    We don't have Water powers yet, so suggesting a Water archetype at this time is a little hasty.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd like to see a water powerset if the devs can make it.

/signed if they can do it
  • tharkantharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *sigh* Yet another thread made in the hopes of making a game more like another game by suggesting something that is far too similar to something in another game.
    edited July 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    *sigh* Yet another thread made in the hopes of making a game more like another game by suggesting something that is far too similar to something in another game.

Hey, just because CoX has Water powers, that doesn't mean CO would be copying them if the devs gave us Water powers too. It's just water! No not like, say, an archetype with Force powers and dual vibroblades. Wait... ^^;

Nobody complained when they added Earth, which CoX also had before CO. And I wouldn't complain if they add Spines/Plants either.
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tharkan wrote: »

What a stupid point of view just because CoH have done water dose not mean that CO can't by that logic CO would have very few powers as CoH has done them all before.

and hey CoH just copied comic books so maybe they shouldn't have bothered either.

Its the interpitation of the concept that matters here not the fact that X game has done it before.
  • cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I want a water powerset bad,to me it's the last piece to complete the elemental powersets.
    To me it would be a powerset about knock backs.holds and healing.
    Here's my idea how it will go.
    It has a mechanic called soaked,it make enemies slower and more likely to fall down.
    1.water squirt.
    (enegry builder)you shoot out water streams from your hands(has a knockback effect).
    2.water burst.
    (tap,charge)You shoot a huge water stream from your hands (has a knockback effect)
    3.gyser
    (charge)you shoot an enemy in the air with water gyser
    4.healing stream
    (tap,charge)you shoot a healing stream of water at an ally(direct heal).
    5.healing mist
    (click)you shoot healing mist at an ally(HoT)
    6.healing pool
    (click)you make a pool of water around you that healings your allies for 20 secs(AoE heal)
    7.water ball
    (charge)you shoot a huge water ball at a group of enemies(group knockback)
    8.flood
    (click)You send a flood at a group of enemies,knocking them off their feet.
    9.Rain
    (maintain)you rain water over your enemies.(has chance to cause "slippy floor'',enemies fall down
    10.drown
    (hold)you place you enemie in a water casting(light DoT as well)
    11.Tidel wave
    (charge)You send a tidal wave at you enemies,knocking them down(had a chance to apply drown ability up to 2 enemies).
    12.aquatic surge.
    (buff self)you receive a boost to water damage.
    13.H20 revive
    you give an ally a cold water shower geting them back in the fight(revive)
    14.water recovery
    every time you soak an enemy
    15.hydroadatived
    (slotted passive)increase you reisistance to water and fire,increases water damage,has a chance to apply soaked to any enemy.
  • gooberizergooberizer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think that water would be best set under sorcery. I thought that it could be more of a plant/water powerset. You could summon vines to paralyze your opponent. Use a vine lariat to knock to you and a vine cyclone. You could also have a plant pet that follows you and heals and attacks. The plant could be a floating lotus blossom like the ones seen in the game okami. With that you can then throw in the standard water attacks that were talked about in this thread.
    edited July 2012
    Here is my Water powerset concept from some time ago:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2012044&postcount=1
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2012070&postcount=4

Still working on a Spines/Plants/Shapeshifting kinda set.
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, I like what I'm seeing here; this might need a little tweaking but so far so good ... /signed.