test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defence stacked LR build?

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Power Discussion
Yesterday I reached 40 with my latest build (created June 8 btw) and did a fairly extensive retcon which I usually do with my 40s anyhow..
I'd levelled up with LR and BCR/RR and tho I was planning to go to dodge stacked Invuln thought I'd try something different and kept hold of the LR.
Defence can reach impressive levels with the spec tree options and top end gear. I ended up with something like 250 defence giving 68% defence along with LR levels of dodge and avoidance. Well I spose it would be LR levels when you think about it.

Does anyone else do this? Is there really a good alternative to Dodge stacked Invuln?
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• Options
    m34nb34r2m34nb34r2 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Soooo... The alternatives to invuln/dodge take more work to do because it's easier on the stats. And you can have the +defense specs with any passive, sooo... it would be even better with something other than lr.

Possibly, if you pack on an avoidance mod on top of your avoidance unity purple, that might be a reason to keep LR if the avoidance gets up there. What's the upper peak of what you can get avoidance to if you keep LR? If avoidance can get much higher with LR than without, then that's a solid reason to keep it; if not, LR is kinda not worth it.

There's regen/dodge. But that kind of takes more effort to make it work well. Personal Force Field kind of works with dodge, as I've read that dodge actually goes on top of the force field, but then, it ends up being like just another layer of hit points or an inferior regen.

Defiance/dodge gets looked down on because high frequency chip damage can bring you down, but I kind of like it as you can really take those heavy hits, and against low-damage guys bcr can handle it anyway, and you get lots of energy.

Invuln/dodge is probably still best for defense. If you like to have more damage and your attacks are physical, quarry +equipment can get you to LR level dodge and avoidance and you get the +70% damage of quarry and the audacity stacks too.
  • Options
    s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    here's something you'd want to consider:

the best defense+aggressive stance is obvious. you can reach LR levels of dodge avoidance with almost any passive now, only difference is that with LR it's built in... parry+adv suffers DR with LR while with invul/dodge not only you are getting the full bonus but you're also getting flat mitigation and % mitigation on top of it.. so as said above invul/dodge is still the best option. with the spec trees introduced it just got easier to stack your defense and dodge up even further than before.

so to sum it up you have:
    % mitigation: invul, laser knight, any defiance(con based) buff (mighty kick+madness etc)
    flat mitigation: invul, IDF
    dodge/avoid: gear, parry+adv(dex based), evasive manuevers

take your pick.

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.