Level 6: Acrobat
Level 9: Coordinated
Level 12: Healthy Mind
Level 15: Shooter
Level 18: Ascetic
Level 21: Academics

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
Level 6: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Spirit Reverberation
Level 11: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 14: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia, Paranormal Paranoia)
Level 17: Ebon Rift (Rank 2, Vengeful Shadows)
Level 20: Summon Shadows (Rank 2, Devouring Darkness)
Level 23: Shadow Shroud (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence
Level 29: Concentration
Level 32: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Mystic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Brush It Off (2/2)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Overall, I'm happy with how it works so far, but for the life of me I can't decide on my 14th skill.

Originally, it was Sigils of Ebon Weakness, but that was... eww

Then I tried Rebirth because of Gravitar, which was pretty nice, but it couldn't save a party wipe.

So I switched it to Divine Renewal, which was also nice, but only really useful in Gravitar and even then an R1 rez on a DPS character that gets aggro a lot doesn't help much.

Then I switched to Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary, which works well in many situations, nice synergy with Shadow Form's innate stealth too, but in Gravitar it only really works until I'm the last person standing.

I also switched to Smoke Grenade. That finally solved the Gravitar problem but I feel dirty using it ._.

Now I'm thinking of picking IDF, to use as a second toggle, because that was my old Toggle until about a week ago when I finally switched it out for Concentration. But GRAB is back so I'm starting to feel squishy without it again.

The general theme of the character is a Darkness mage. Gameplay-wise I wanted a Ranged DPS with a lot of survivability.

So, any other skills I should look at? That 14th skill is going to be R1 so I'm not expecting miracles from it, but something that complements the rest of the build.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• piro2genpiro2gen Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Extra Active Defense or Offense.
  • mysticfloatermysticfloater Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your build could take advantage of a point blank area effect power. I would look at Telekinesis or Telepathy in your case because they are buffed by Shadow Form.

Telekinetic Eruption (with advantage) gives a nice defensive bonus and might look really cool on a darkness toon. I would only do this if your REC is high enough to charge it to get the enhanced form.

Another great choice would be Ego Storm. It has a cooldown but you have INT SS so it should be very useful. I have a darkness toon with it and it is nice however if you take the advantage you need to make sure you turn off your energy builder when you cast it.

Finally there is Telekinetic Maelstrom. A nice AOE stun with good damage too.

Other possibilities:
    Lifedrain
    Radiant Sigil (a little healing and they hide you but no synergy with DEX...)
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your build could take advantage of a point blank area effect power. I would look at Telekinesis or Telepathy in your case because they are buffed by Shadow Form.

Telekinetic Eruption (with advantage) gives a nice defensive bonus and might look really cool on a darkness toon. I would only do this if your REC is high enough to charge it to get the enhanced form.

Another great choice would be Ego Storm. It has a cooldown but you have INT SS so it should be very useful. I have a darkness toon with it and it is nice however if you take the advantage you need to make sure you turn off your energy builder when you cast it.

Finally there is Telekinetic Maelstrom. A nice AOE stun with good damage too.

Other possibilities:
    Lifedrain
    Radiant Sigil (a little healing and they hide you but no synergy with DEX...)

:O TK Eruption looks very nice. I have 68 Rec and R3 Circle of Arcane Power, so that should make it usable enough, I'll try it next
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally I'd look for a place to take back 2 advantage points and pick up either Ego Sleep or Void Shift with their advantage. It's handy to have an instant cast, guaranteed Fear ability rather than depending on Shadow Embrace to apply it.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you cant decide on a 14th power..get a res, its nifty when people outside of support builds can bring teammates back from defeat.