test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Time Cards are gone?

bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Looks like the only non-recurring sub is an LTS now. The worst part was that it changed my Time Card subscription to a regular recurring one. Good thing I checked otherwise, I would be rather upset latter on.
Post edited by bdragon4co on

Comments

• Options
    roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does that mean we can't buy gametime for friends and such too? :( That sucks donkey.
    edited July 2012
    Does that mean we can't buy gametime for friends and such too? :( That sucks donkey.

Yeah. It does. I was cool with PWE until I saw that they took Time Cards away. If there's any feature I want back, its that. I don't care much about Questionite, the lack of communication, or no more character pages, but once you mess the the Time Cards, I gotta speak up. Time Cards are what made me decide to go gold in the first place. I don't like recurring bills. I have enough of those already.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do recall warning people in the Zone Chat about those babies getting removed.

Maybe in the future they will make them compatible or make new time cards.

Bummer. :c

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    civilizedevilcivilizedevil Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crap. I'm getting back into this game after a few years. The fact that I can't buy a time card is the only thing keeping me from going back to gold.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still see time cards listed on Amazon...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I still see time cards listed on Amazon...

Yesterday I walked into a gamestop and they had City of Villains sitting on the shelf for the ripe price of 29.99.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's great. Anyone KNOW if timecards aren't usable any more?

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Probably about as usable as that copy of CoV, was the point I was trying to make there.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Based on what? I used one last year.

There's at least one review from someone a month ago saying 'yep, still works.'

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I said "probably" based on the information I had available. Geez people have gotten sensitive around here.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Um, what? I'm being sensitive for asking for some information, rather than simple declarations?

I mean, if you have a reason to think time cards aren't being accepted anymore, I'd love to learn of it so I don't keep suggesting time cards for folks wondering if $15 a month is worth it.

• Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The smartest thing they could do right now, is let you buy more time with Zen.
  • Options
    metalmountainmetalmountain Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    Yesterday I walked into a gamestop and they had City of Villains sitting on the shelf for the ripe price of 29.99.

Obiously that is because a sane person would rather pay 29.99 for a box than log onto this ftp tripe.

:wink:
  • Options
    zerothdimensionzerothdimension Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i redeemed a 60 day gametime card two days ago that i had gotten from amazon.
    it changed my status back from silver to gold...so as far as i can tell, they still work.
    you know...considering the fact that it's working, i'm able to log in and use my gold freeform toons.
    i've never subbed, only ever used the 60 day cards, and i just got my 300 days subscriber bonuses.