What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120605P.2

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited June 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.28.20120605P.2
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greeting!

In tonight's PTS update, we roll out a new five-man Custom Alert called "Harmon Labs".
In this Alert, players will face off against Warlord and his mercenaries as they take over the lab in search of new Power Armor technology.....which I'm pretty sure they'll use for bad-guy stuff.

We've also temporarily disabled the Gravitar 10-man fight so that we can go back and tune it based on the feedback provided by the PTS community.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

To queue for Harmon Labs, you can either click on the custom Alert button, or you can click the queue button next to the minimap and select the "Harmon Labs" in the Alerts tab.

Known Issues:
  • Rewards are not final
  • Environment art is a work-in progress, and players may notice some minor art issues
  • Players may experience some occlusion issues in certain parts of the map
  • Certain corners of the Warlord room can cause the boss AI to think the team has wiped should the last person (or the entire team) get knocked into this area. We are aware of this issue, and will provide a fix in the next update.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Anything if we ENTER Harmon Labs.. talk to the receptionist.. nothing?

Teleporting from Timbuktu is really immersion breaking

P. S. - Are alerts (like Adventure Packs and Comic Series past) this year's "new content" or are you creating maps for new zones or even adding more critters to /expanding existing maps (Vibora is still hella tiny). Also in one year will they be abandoned for a new "new content" type.

I do not like alerts. I do like more content.
    edited June 2012
    New tech content? i cant complain.
    If this is going to tie in with the News of the World article and the release of the PA at then i must give props.

For a while it seemed like things were just randomly happening in CO but the way you guys are using story to tie things together makes the world feel more alive.
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:

lol as if any other time we teleport isn't?
    edited June 2012
    Warlord!!

with Warbird and Warcry, Warhead, Warmonger & Warpath and...Warcra...wait..I think that's it.
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    • Payers may experience some occlusion issues in certain parts of the map

So only Silver accounts won't be getting any occlusion issues? That's great! I'm paying for great bugs. :D
    edited June 2012
    Um excuse me...if a dev awnsers this but are we getting the State of the game and unil report soon figured i would ask this..

Also epic spelling error there
    edited June 2012
    fuzun wrote:
    So only Silver accounts won't be getting any occlusion issues? That's great! I'm paying for great bugs. :D

Goes with the 20% damage debuff!
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    In tonight's PTS update, we roll out a new five-man Custom Alert called "Harmon Labs".
    In this Alert, players will face off against Warlord and his mercenaries as they take over the lab in search of new Power Armor technology.....which I'm pretty sure they'll use for bad-guy stuff.

Awesome sauce... now COSMIC ALERTS please.
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Anything if we ENTER Harmon Labs.. talk to the receptionist.. nothing?

P. S. - Are alerts (like Adventure Packs and Comic Series past) this year's "new content" or are you creating maps for new zones or even adding more critters to /expanding existing maps (Vibora is still hella tiny). Also in one year will they be abandoned for a new "new content" type.

You can't really say they aren't adding new critters when we've seen that they're adding in 2 new encounters with IP villains that have never been seen in CO before. Looking forward to testing this, even though the Warlord was never one of my favorite Champion villains. Still, more is always good!
    edited June 2012
    Sorry that I repeat bugs that are already known, I'm not trying to nag, I am just systematically retesting them and am jotting down the results.

The animation bug for quickly combining a toggle with Plasma Beam is fixed, and the approach of using the standard animation when combining quickly is a very cool one. It does lead to the minigun clipping the character's head if Minigun and Plasma Beam are fired in rapid succession.

No resolution on the Plasma Beam with elevation bug.

The new sound effect for Plasma Beam is quite nice. The new one for Tactical Missile is quite wimpy, almost inaudible. Maybe it's missing the "missile flight" effect?

Tactical Missile still has the single-cannon popup for a five-missile volley, each individually too big to fit in that barrel, and all the new hand weapons are on the left hand. Pretty much resigned that it's going to stay that way, alas. Between this and the sound effect, the overall effects of Tactical Missiles are very disappointing to me. I may end up going to the mechanically inferior Power Gauntlet as a result.

Infrared Guidance System is still 2 points. Wasn't it supposed to be 1?

Chest Beam: Point Blank Blast damage remains strictly inferior to an uprank at all ranges.

No resolution on the Phalanx Defense System shield being hued like the triggering power rather than the Energy Shield power. This isn't really a big deal, and would be even less if the ballistic powers didn't look much better with their default coloring.

Reconstruction Circuits is not blocking out chest slot powers... but interestingly triggering one will end it early.

I tested this very cursorily but it seems REC drives most of the Overdrive scaling with INT/END playing a minor part, which isn't what I inferred from the tooltip.
    edited June 2012
    Tough fight. Warlord definitely makes a nasty first impression -- with us in the walls.

Also, loved the lab. I want that environment as an RP option even more now. Great work, ANUBIS.

Now I hate to be *that guy*, but...

1. Any chance we can put face masks on the merc models and change their tag from "Mercenaries to "Shadow Army", to reflect the mercs Warlord uses in lore?

2. Any chance that Warpath and Warcry can appear in a couple of the minion mobs? Players have said that they want to see more villains, and having a couple in the mobs leading up to the boss fight would be a good place for them, and those two are probably the easiest of the War Machine to build and drop in.

Thanks!
    edited June 2012
    MathMan wrote:
    Reconstruction Circuits is not blocking out chest slot powers... but interestingly triggering one will end it early.

That's how all the toggles work now.
    edited June 2012
    From reading these notes, I'm to assume that your going to release the PA changes today on live and are now focusing on these new 10 man's.
    At least this is how I feel..
    *Sigh* Looks like I'll have to wait for the plasma beam fixes..
    edited June 2012
    Helosie1 wrote:
    From reading these notes, I'm to assume that your going to release the PA changes today on live and are now focusing on these new 10 man's.
    At least this is how I feel..
    *Sigh* Looks like I'll have to wait for the plasma beam fixes..

Since the Warlord alert is centered around the villain trying to steal suits of power armor, I'd assume the PA changes will go live when this alert does.
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:

New Zones ? Why .. everybody is leveling in Smashs, so there is no need for them to create more zones,
    at least i expect that to hear from Cryptic ... if maybe at some point again comminicate with us :rolleyes:

And yeah .. i also want more "real" content and no more overlong APs and CSs, and no more crappy Alerts.
    Just some more real full zones like Canada or Monster Island.
    edited June 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    Tough fight. Warlord definitely makes a nasty first impression -- with us in the walls.

Also, loved the lab. I want that environment as an RP option even more now. Great work, ANUBIS.

1. Any chance we can put face masks on the merc models and change their tag from "Mercenaries to "Shadow Army", to reflect the mercs Warlord uses in lore?

2. Any chance that Warpath and Warcry can appear in a couple of the minion mobs? Players have said that they want to see more villains, and having a couple in the mobs leading up to the boss fight would be a good place for them, and those two are probably the easiest of the War Machine to build and drop in.

Thanks!

I totally agree with both these suggestions. The Warlord needs to have the Shadow Army backing him, please :)
    edited June 2012
    I really like this new alert, Warlord is awesome!
    His flamethrower attack was interesting : it starts with very low damage followed by much bigger numbers, he actually killed our invul guy with his attacks because he was not ready. The good thing is that we now know that there is a lockout on this battle. Seriously Cryptic, again with the lockouts?

Anyway, the power armor device and the device drops are very nice, though some randomisation with the PAs would be nice (or better yet, color code every PA and add 2 other colors, like, say, blue and green, to make the Power Armor Rangers!...).

Oh, and put a mark somewhere for the wall we have to break or something, we had absolutely no idea what to do when we got to that part. It's only when I randomly Fired All my Weapons with the PA device on a chair that it affected the wall next to it.

But overall, a really nice alert, packed with action, interesting new drops and good voice acting. And Warlord really looks cool... I can't wait to see it in its complete, fixed version (also yes, Shadow Army and additional vilains as mini-bosses would be pretty cool).
    edited June 2012
    Thundrax wrote:

Thanks!

Drax knows the score. Hell, even Warbird and Warhead are relatively easy, you could get away with just giving them the Invincible AT.

I'm dying to know how close my attempt at Warlord's costume is to your own work, Cryptic! Gonna investigate soon.
    edited June 2012
    Suggestion:
    Make the power armor devices grant the masked pa.

The power armor devices from the alert should be the red ones with the mask on them. The open face version doesn't agree with the identity's of a lot of players.

Example:
    KenpoJuJitsu always has that Shonuf guy he plays. Then he gets the power armor item from the War Lord alert and Shonuf suddenly goes from a black guy to a albino white guy?

Again, use the PA that covers up faces to avoid this kind of weirdness.
    edited June 2012
    Possible Bug?
    Invincible AT's have been locked out due to Archetype Rotation Program code activated.

Its only an issue personally as 5 test toons I had ready have been locked out currently. Not a big deal though as I expect that the AT Rotation is coming back on LIVE with the Invincible's launch from this so it makes sense an all. So if not a bug, then yay! The AT Rotation works for the new AT. Verified
    edited June 2012
    Managed to get into a team, so here's some feedback:

There's a good deal of trash mobs before you reach the Warlord- to make it a little more interesting to fight through them, I'll echo Thundrax's suggestion that the War Machine be included- Warbird, Warhead, Warcry, Warmonger and Warpath. Most of their abilities can be easily represented ingame, with the possible exception of Warmonger- though she could just be given some munitions powers and a morale boosting megaphone. The named villains could be placed throughout the labs, each of them commanding a squad of Shadow Army mercs. This would help break up the trash pulls some (and more IP villains will always be a plus).

I absolutely love the trash mobs dropping new devices. This makes people want to run the alert and feel like they came away with something cool even if they fail to down the Warlord (a very real possibility, he's no pushover). They seem to drop fairly regularly, so the limited number of charges on each device doesn't bother me too much. The become device seems fairly standard, giving players a decent smattering of the new PA abilities. Maybe a permanent version of it could drop from the Warlord himself.

I like the Warlord's voice actor, and his personality is spot-on. No complaints about the actual boss fight, it seems challenging and fun. Though, a little indication before the fight starts that wiping to him fails the alert would help avoid confusion, I think.

Overall this seems like a solid alert, and a great way to introduce the Warlord to the world of Champions Online. Great job, team!
    edited June 2012
    Could we possible look at getting Inertial Dampening Field to layer on top of PFF instead of under it?
    edited June 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Could we possible look at getting Inertial Dampening Field to layer on top of PFF instead of under it?

THIS!!!
    OMFG :mad:
    PLS
    edited June 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:

Oh, and Protection Field. Let's have that go over the PFF as well. Bring more inset compatibility to the Force set and Impulse ATs.
    edited June 2012
    Just finished 2 Harmon Labs runs earlier. Please buff Warlord. Not his damage but his attack types. In both runs I was protected by a tank and all we did was spank without any problems. I would suggest an Implosion Engine type power with an 120' aoe range with an unblockable pull/knock/reverse-repel. Something to spice things up a bit.
    edited June 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Oh, and Protection Field. Let's have that go over the PFF as well. Bring more inset compatibility to the Force set and Impulse ATs.

But not Mindful.. leave those other shields for In-Set synergy
    edited June 2012
    BUG: Long standing bug where the Minigun oversatures the weapon graphic with the power color.

Actual example (again, this has been a problem for at least 2 years or so):
    • "Power Armor Weapon Customization" colors are Gold, Gold, White, Magenta.

• Power color for Minigun is "Default" (none):
      When in use, the entire back of the minigun is Gold, the barrel is White/Silver and glows Yellow with heat (I presume) as it fires, and the muzzle flash and bullet trail are Orangish-Yellow.

This is what I believe is the intended graphical behavior.

• Power color is Minigun is set to a custom color (Cyan in my case):
      When in use, the entire back of the minigun is Cyan (the Gold color selected in Tailor doesn't show through at all), the barrel is White/Silver and glows Yellow with heat as it fires, and the Muzzle flash and bullet trail are Cyan.

This occurs with other colors, with the geometry aside from the barrel being painted a slightly shifted hue of the Power color.

With work being done on graphics with these powers, I had the thought to direct some attention onto this issue.
    edited June 2012
    UNBELIEVABLE they actually disregarded everything ppl said as usual:rolleyes: and pushed PA to live. WTH is the PTS for? I'm done ..... don't care anymore. You don't give a damn do you Cryptic? After so long this all you do? Dr.Destroyer uses FC in Resistance cuz you guys are too cheap to create a proper Beam equivalent to FC. No wonder ppl leave this game. They wait and wait and wait and wait for a pass to a set and then this is it?:mad:
    edited June 2012
    Thundrax wrote:

These would be the main things i change.
    I also like that this alert seems a tad longer than the others.
    edited June 2012
    Nightrod wrote:
    UNBELIEVABLE they actually disregarded everything ppl said as usual:rolleyes: and pushed PA to live. WTH is the PTS for? I'm done ..... don't care anymore. You don't give a damn do you Cryptic? After so long this all you do? Dr.Destroyer uses FC in Resistance cuz you guys are too cheap to create a proper Beam equivalent to FC. No wonder ppl leave this game. They wait and wait and wait and wait for a pass to a set and then this is it?:mad:

What are you talking about? The Pa pass isn't live.
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    What are you talking about? The Pa pass isn't live.

Have you checked the patch notes for the 8th >_>?

OK granted technically it's not live YET....but it will be by tom0rro. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2012
    Hoping for a Targeting Computer fix for tomorrow... but not holding my breath.
    edited June 2012
    titotito wrote:
    not holding my breath.

. good :(
    edited June 2012
    Nightrod wrote:
    Have you checked the patch notes for the 8th >_>?

OK granted technically it's not live YET....but it will be by tom0rro. :rolleyes:

Wow, this is very disappointing.

sigh......

I hope they at least fixed targeting computer. :(

EDIT:
    And by fix Targeting computer we mean that lock on mode does not provide its stated crit / severity bonus and that lock on mode does not scale with rank and TC does not buff melee even though melee attacks were added to pa.

Please don't let the PA review end with PFF (the force passive) getting looked at but TC ( the PA passive) staying bugged.
    edited June 2012
    PA isn't ready for live yet. Several powers still need a look at outside of TC's hiccups.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147508
    edited June 2012
    Ya know, something to think about is that the Invincible AT doesn't use TC. So just because these changes go LIVE doesn't mean they immediately say "We're done!" and that's that. Just cause TC isn't ready, doesn't mean the rest of the powers should be held back from a marketing standpoint.

It just means they have a development schedule they got to keep with the AT (which is the actual product in consideration for release) and TC isn't a factor in regards to said archetype, so it won't hold patch back cause of its issues. There's been plenty of examples in the history of this game where frameworks as a whole get patch fixes & damage control during the initial weeks post-launch. (I understand there's precedent established to the contrary but it's like rolling a dice with this development team to be honest so I'll just go with the axiom that it "has" therefore it's "possible" again)

I'd say the build isn't ready if TC was part of the Invincible AT or if the Invincible AT just was broke with its current setup. But my personal opinion regarding this patch is that TC isn't the product it's just an important power that we'd like development to give the utmost attention ASAP due to its apparent under-performance and not be left behind after this patch goes LIVE.

Another example of this is the Laser Sword powers; some have said and I agree that it's missing an "Ego Blade Annihilation" style power, but the powers themselves aren't broken per se and they also aren't part of the Invincible AT, so why hold the patch back for an extra power? That just ends up costing money in the end in development costs, when they could easily squeeze in that power and TC adjustments in the next development cycle using a new allocated budget.

In the end, I all I personally ask in this is that there's some a final closing response from development regarding any closing thoughts or something before closing this thread for the next PTS update; just to say, "We here ya, will see what we can do on the next PTS push or something of that matter.." then lock the thread and move on.

DarkWolf2 wrote:
    PA isn't ready for live yet. Several powers still need a look at outside of TC's hiccups.

Well that's fair, as there's a separate thread for that, then we can say, "Hey remember us?" like you just did and we can all move there for PA stuff.
    edited June 2012
    DarkWolf2 wrote:

Devs care? ofc not, we had no patch that didn't introduce new bugs since f2p.
    edited June 2012
    Kien. wrote:
    Devs care? ofc not, we had no patch that didn't introduce new bugs since f2p.

This goes back much further than FtP. All the way to launch really.
    edited June 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:
    This goes back much further than FtP. All the way to launch really.

The day 1 patch was EPIC FAIL!!! :p:rolleyes:
    edited June 2012
    Nightrod wrote:
    The day 1 patch was EPIC FAIL!!! :p:rolleyes:

Yes, yes it was. :D