test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120529P.2

1235»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    is it just me or has everyone forgot about resurgence, it's not like that power is bad for an active defense and for squishies it gives back a ton of health for oh crap scenarios.

Todd again while i am not 100% about pulses suggested implementation for the ability, recon circuits needs to tweaked somehow to make it more usable.

Personally if they removed the fact it's a chest toggle i would have zero problems with it

heck i'd say remove it as a chest toggle make it have a CD and have it like this

advantage - this ability is not longer a toggle (insert x penalty here if you want but i think losing rank 3 is enough)

change it to be a toggle of it's own slow - if you think about this even if you ran it with hands chest and shoulder active you are still draining your energy supply AND you also are depleting it faster running 4 toggles at once.

The reason i have a sneaking suspicion that akinos hasn't done something like this is largely because there may possibly be a programming limitation (as we saw with FAW) that prevents there to be more than 3 toggles active at a single time.
    edited June 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    PTS update FC.28.20120529P.2
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings, and happy Friday!

This week we roll out to PTS some more Power Armor changes, and a new Alert type: "Rampage! Gravitar 10-Man Fight".
    This new Alert is some next-level 'ish, and is meant to be played by a group of ten heroes as opposed to the original Alerts which require five.
    "Why ten players?" - you ask?
    Well, these bosses will be tuned to kick ****, that's why.
    Content:
    • New 10-Man Alert! Face off against Gravitar as she rampages throughout Millennium City. Don't her her sweet looks fool you, she means business. It's going to take the toughest of heroes to take her on, and take her down.
      To access the instance, click on the queue icon next to the minimap, go to teh ""Lairs"" tab and select "Rampage! Gravitar 10 Man fight".

Gravitar? - I'm overjoyed you guys are picking villains from the actual CO lore but without a gravity powerset how is this going to accomplished?.

Is she going to be retconned into a force-user?. :confused:
    edited June 2012
    Gravitar? - I'm overjoyed you guys are picking villains from the actual CO lore but without a gravity powerset how is this going to accomplished?.

my guess it's a combination of force and darkness :P
    edited June 2012

She actually uses Force powers.:(
    edited June 2012

You could argue that force powers are gravity-manipulating in what they ultimately achieve. Saying that, I'm pretty sure Gravitar's powers have been likened more to telekinesis.
    edited June 2012
    oddTodd wrote:
    I found it most useful on a DPSer who took stray damage from a boss AOE, stole aggro, or had to deal with adds. You know, situations where Bionic Shielding and Resurgent Reiki potentially do nothing. That's why I've been so adamant against your proposal. The last thing I want to do in that role is turtle up to heal. If you are still under attack, we've already got a couple good heals for that situation.

Conviction should work better overall for that scenario than Reconstruction Circuits does as-is. Conviction heals a little less by default than RC, but it can crit while Recon cannot. Any crit rate will put the heals on-par. Plus with Conviction you don't lose your energy builder, you don't lose your chest slot damage, and you can continue to click any active offenses or defenses. And you can continue to use other powers. Something like spamming Protection Field on the main tank, which gives you free energy so that you can keep dealing more damage while helping reduce his damage.

Not to mention that it you're using MSA as an unlock Conviction spam is a given. And unless there is a bug with Overdrive that gets addressed., many Power Armor builds will want to stick with MSA and skip Overdrive. Someone put up a chart on this that I replicated to the PA thread.

Again, Recon Circuits limits you so dramatically even in a scenario where you think its a good fit. It's a really just a big penalty compared to just using another power. It seems to me that you're overlooking a lot of things that you could be doing while you're hobbled by Recon Circuits. I have a good opinion of you from these forums overall. I'm surprised that we are so far off on how we look at this power.
    edited June 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    some non-slotted powers can be used together with slotted toggles.

If this is by design or not, I couldn't say. At least in Laser Sword's case though, my guess would be it's not as designed - since the animation doesn't seem to work, even though the power itself does.

Sounds like a bug to me either way. Quoted it in red to the devs don't miss it.
    edited June 2012
    Todd again while i am not 100% about pulses suggested implementation for the ability, recon circuits needs to tweaked somehow to make it more usable.
    Pulsewave wrote:
    Again, Recon Circuits limits you so dramatically even in a scenario where you think its a good fit. It's a really just a big penalty compared to just using another power. It seems to me that you're overlooking a lot of things that you could be doing while you're hobbled by Recon Circuits. I have a good opinion of you from these forums overall. I'm surprised that we are so far off on how we look at this power.

I fully agree that RC needs some tweaks to work better. I just really don't like the idea of having to hold block to get decent healing. I also don't care if a given power is useful to a narrow category of builds (Illumination!).

I fully support the following suggestions:
    • being able to click non-slot powers and have them shut off your toggles.
    • ditching the slot mechanic for a plain HOT (I believe there needs to be a power like this that does decent healing without requiring dodge to be any good)
    • creating a self-heal of any form that doesn't scale on PRE, whether that's a click like Conviction or an HOT like BCR or a maintain like Empathic Healing
    • adding something like Pulsewave's suggestion in addition to the current RC
    edited June 2012
    (SNIP)
    The reason i have a sneaking suspicion that akinos hasn't done something like this is largely because there may possibly be a programming limitation (as we saw with FAW) that prevents there to be more than 3 toggles active at a single time.

No. Travel powers are toggles. Forms are toggles. There certainly isn't anything that would limit the system to having 3 toggles.

There was actually talk about 'utility slot' toggles for PA, but I believe the comment from 'upstairs' noted something along the lines of - it's interesting, but too late in this cycle to get into it. That's NOT a direct quote, just how I remember it.. and my memory's certainly far from perfect. :p
    oddTodd wrote:
    I fully agree that RC needs some tweaks to work better. I just really don't like the idea of having to hold block to get decent healing. I also don't care if a given power is useful to a narrow category of builds (Illumination!).

I fully support the following suggestions:
    • being able to click non-slot powers and have them shut off your toggles.
    • ditching the slot mechanic for a plain HOT (I believe there needs to be a power like this that does decent healing without requiring dodge to be any good)
    • creating a self-heal of any form that doesn't scale on PRE, whether that's a click like Conviction or an HOT like BCR or a maintain like Empathic Healing
    • adding something like Pulsewave's suggestion in addition to the current RC
    • Fully agree the first point would be great (non-slot powers shut down slotted powers, instead of being blocked themself from activating)
    • Making it non-slotted power would be viable option, but would also remove it's current balancing limits (in the builds where it's meant to be used, it's alternate for using DPS powers on chest slot). My suggested alternative was to include DPS penalty to it (which would keep it's current nature of being a trade off to heal yourself while dealing less damage), and giving it a bonus of lowering the cost of PA slotted toggles (to give it synergy with PA powers, and to keep it in line with how it currently work for that set - basically, with lowered DPS you'd have to run it together with chest toggle to get the same results as now.. and lowering the toggle costs would compensate for that)
    • Bionic Shielding was like this, but was moved to scaling with PRE. It's very much intentional that every heal scales with PRE, and this is highly unlikely to change. As I see it, it's simply a balance thing. PRE is the stat that gives you ability to recover health.
    • A toggle heal that's usable in any framework could just as well be a clicky with a lingering effect - like BCR for example.
    Essentially you already heal faster while blocking, because you'll be mitigating damage.. so improving your healing factor while blocking would be similar to improving the strength of your block power, just the scaling would follow less sharply the strength of incoming damage.

I'm going to blatantly ignore the point of improving your healing speed by turtling up while you are NOT taking damage. Just the thought of it is too distasteful. I know there's synergy like that in earth framework, but there the healing is ground effect, so the healing works only while you remain within it's area.. and it's specific synergy between the healing and earth framework block power.

I could accept a synergy like this on a power that's primarily intended to be used under heavy fire. For example, it would be ok for Resurgence to have an added property (perhaps a 2-point advantage) that would heal you for - say - 10% of the initial heal every 3 second, when you are blocking (for the time period comparable to duration of other AD). Difference is that Resurgence is a situational power by design.

I don't want that kind of property into mainstream healing though, because it doesn't coincide with it's original use so well. I could agree to it as a 2-point advantage on RC. 'This power now heals you 40% less, but it's healing power is trippled while you are blocking'. The thing is, a healing power like that is also narrowly focused to builds that use blocking a significant percentage of their combat time.

I don't really know what kind of a build would do that though. Not a tank because it means they'll risk losing aggro. Not DPSer because it prevents them from doing their job. A healer perhaps - as long as tank holds aggro, they don't need to heal themself that much.. if they happen to pull aggro, it's often ok to turtle until the aggro gets pulled away. But really for any kind of build it's too situational for basic heal.
    edited June 2012
    kallethen wrote:
    Ego Storm already got hit with the nerfbat hard once by being turned into an Incapacitate. If just one foe breaks free, the power is Interrupted and all foes then are free. And a foe being defeated counts as breaking free.

You are speaking to the QUEEN of hold desire. I love Ego Storm.

Malevolent Manifestation is still overpowered.
    edited June 2012
    Edit: Amazing what you can accomplish when you stay up too late. :confused:
    Like confusing lightning reflexes and masterful dodge. :eek:
    edited June 2012
    BUG:

I picked 'lightning reflexes' for a character, and it refuses to show up on the power bar. I have it in power list, I can rank it up, but it will not stick to hotkey slots.

Uhhh, you realize lightning reflexes is a passive that goes in the passive defense or hybrid slot, right? Not a click? Think you want Masterful Dodge.