test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120525.0

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Laser sword R2+Adv.
    Particle debuff stack to 3 instantaneously with only 1 hit.
    Also when another player used it on the same dummy as me I was able to see 6 stacks of the debuff.
    edited May 2012
    Bug:Rain of Steel does not grant Twist Fate Stacks from Sentry tree.
    Bug?: Sword Cyclone Does not proc Overdrive.
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Personal Force Field regen rate in combat is still the same as before. Only tooltip is updated.

Just got done testing this out.

Tooltip shows:

7,635 shield total.

518 regen rate at full shields.

1,036 regen when blocking.

During my combat testing (not a stress test, just a regen test) I noticed that the power's functionality hasn't changed.

Example: Witnessed my shield regen from 6,899 to 7,147. That's only 248 shield points.

Field Surge on the other hand works like a charm.
    edited May 2012
    Perhaps change Plasma Cutter to a maintain, animation use something like Hundred Hands animation so its like several sword jabs.
    No point in two charged, one charged and one maintained would be best.

Also probably mentioned before, perhaps change Laser Sword to combo attack with the Reaper's Carress animation so the speed is slightly increased.
    edited May 2012
    Reconstruction circuits can be used while blocking, also can the fx use medical nanites instead of burning chi? I'd be much more appropriate.
    edited May 2012
    Bug: Sword cyclone, spark storm, celestial conduit, conflagration, ego blade frenzy, one hundred hands do not activate overdrive
    edited May 2012
    First, thank you VERY much for fixing AoED's FX. <3

Second, the additional effect added to AoED, the one when you crit, doesn't really fit the theme, IMO.

Perhaps you could make it some rune explosion FX?

That's all for now. :D
    Thank you once again for the AoED FX fix. :D
    edited May 2012
    Ok, i'm a bit confused.

Is Devour Essence getting changed to a ranged power or did that get nixed?
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Don't be daft. Look at my signature picture. :P

Currently updating my PTS to start cranking out the numbers on the PFF change.

Yes but my suggestion makes it so that PFF tank can not only tank but do dmg on par with other tank builds. It is more of a parity issue than a possibility issue.
    edited May 2012
    It'd be nice if Tread Softly advantage on Lead Tempest interacted with Concentration or Enrage - it's a great tanking tool, and the idea of being forced to grab 2GM just to get a stack of Concentration doesn't sound very nice. Or you could just give more options to get one stack of Concentration.
    edited May 2012
    About the 3 new laser sword attacks, I tested those against Mecha-Terak, at some point in the fight, the attacks were disabled while Laser Sword was still able to be used. Full energy bar too. maybe a range issue?

(Didn't have the insta-R3 debuff)
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Concentration (still) does NOT work with Conflag. Neither the 'attack from 25 feet' or the 'maintain for half the maintain time' part work with it.

BUG: Concentration's internal timer before a new stack can be obtained is 2 seconds, not 4 as listed (as used in all other Focus/Enrage/whatever gaining methods).

BUG: Concentration's icon on the power bar isn't fully filled in. It has a two or three pixel gap in which you can see the environment behind it.
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Snap Shot doesn't seem to proc Concentration.

It won't proc Concentration when I fire from more than 25 feet away, so.. nyeh.
    edited May 2012
    Overdrive would be easier to stack if it refreshed existing stacks on getting a new stack.

Is the scaling for overdrive implemented?
    edited May 2012
    Targeting Computer doesn't buff melee at all.

I stand corrected
    Actually this is even a bigger problem then. Checking COwiki:

Way of the Warrior: +15% Non-Physical Melee +29% Physical Melee and Bleed Damage
    Targeting Computer: +0% melee
    Quarry: +7% Non-Physical Damage
    Electric Form: +18% Energy Damage ranged AND melee
    Ego Form: +18% Paranormal damage ranged AND melee

Targeting Computer:
    Should buff melee technology attacks (laser swords and chainsaw) as well as ranged. Why would you have attacks in a framework that cant be buffed by its passive? Give Targeting computer +15% technology melee damage.
    You already know that people are going to want to make high tech melee based free form builds with the new laser attacks. You shouldn't have to go outside of framework and theme to get a passive that will buff your attacks.
    edited May 2012
    Ah, good point.

From a concept point of view, people are tough at the beginning of the fight. Constant pounding beats down resistance until the biological entity functions less efficiently.
    edited May 2012
    I'd like to second Ryko's suggestion (from a few pages back) to let Compassion build stacks when you bubble yourself or someone else. Make it subject to the same 3/4 second stack building cooldown that all the others have.
    edited May 2012
    MathMan wrote:
    Well it wasn't mine, whoever it is can step forth and take credit. :)

My proposal in the last changes thread read:
    NikeOnline wrote:
    The math-y part of my brain keeps looking at Regen and wishing it granted mitigation along the lines of...

(your curent health as a percentage)^2 x 30%

At full health you would have 30% mitigation that would really cut into spike damage
    At half health you'd have 7.5%
    At 10% health you'd have .3% (deliberately negligable)

Basically it introduces a reason for healers to actually make an effort to top you off instead of ignore you, and it deals with the problem that you are obliterated by spike damage. Since your mitigation falls -and falls fast- as you take damage it rewards foes that steadily chip away at you or slam you with their big attacks as maybe the 3rd or 4th thing in their cycle rather than in the first half second of the fight. It also allieviates the problem regen presents in non-boss PvE content - there is a flat DPS threshold at which you are immortal. Introducing this downward spiral makes that threshold more dynamic and more interesting to play as.

Good to see the idea was so well recieved. My main was a Rec-based regen for the first 20 months of the game. I have lots of practice leveraging regen and reached a point where only the only things in the game I even tried to block were legendaries and Therakiels big kirby-dots attack.... nothing else did enough sustained damange to bother with.
    edited May 2012
    Oozebourne wrote:
    It'd be nice if Tread Softly advantage on Lead Tempest interacted with Concentration or Enrage - it's a great tanking tool, and the idea of being forced to grab 2GM just to get a stack of Concentration doesn't sound very nice. Or you could just give more options to get one stack of Concentration.

My question for this is why have enrage stacks on lead tempest or any other munitions power? The form for that set is now concentration. There is no need for enrage to be associated with TGM, lead tempest or bullet beat down. One stack of enrage rated at half a stack With a ranged attack like Lead Tempest is pretty useless.
    edited May 2012
    Sekimen wrote:
    Awww, no Might changes :( Glad PFF and Regen got some love at least so far.

Yes, where are those Might changes indeed. Where o where are they?:(
    Macey wrote:
    The new toggle changes have widened the gap between melee and ranged even further now. Concentration compared to enraged is far easier to stack and maintain. Its far worse then when people had to spend points in str to get enraged. Seriously the disparity between ranged and melee needs to be looked into.

When is melee going to get some form of conpensating mechanic for having a 10 ft limitation and miniscule window of opportunity for doing damage?

Taking a look into the snare immunity specialization would be a good start. When is that going to happen?

And it is now impossible to maintain growth on PTS because there is no click like old Enrage to refresh stacks out of combat or in.
    edited May 2012
    Sloth hasn't downloaded the new PTS, but did Howl lose it's Enrage Stack and maintain?
    edited May 2012
    Might i suggest for the laser weapons FX that they be changed to something like...*and you all can kill me for this later* the energy sword from halo??? it fits some much better then the lightsaber weapon you got. maybe you can make the lightsaber weapon be an unlock for the other melee sets but PLEASE change the sword to something along the lines of halo's energy sword.... current one just looks so....wrong....

and i suggest the FX for the PA lunge to look like super man flying only at the feet it looks like the jet boots were activated (or if someone has a jetpack) so basically the dude has both arms in front rushing at the enemy.

kool update on PA guys keep it up!!!
    edited May 2012
    Sloth1024 wrote:
    Sloth hasn't downloaded the new PTS, but did Howl lose it's Enrage Stack and maintain?

I don't think howl has been changed because no dev posts have mentioned it. It still works the same. However, not everyone wants to use howl with their concept. The other click option to refresh used to be enrage itself but doing that now shuts off the form. Yet another fail.
    edited May 2012
    Lightstick wrote:
    Might i suggest for the laser weapons FX that they be changed to something like...*and you all can kill me for this later* the energy sword from halo??? it fits some much better then the lightsaber weapon you got. maybe you can make the lightsaber weapon be an unlock for the other melee sets but PLEASE change the sword to something along the lines of halo's energy sword.... current one just looks so....wrong....

and i suggest the FX for the PA lunge to look like super man flying only at the feet it looks like the jet boots were activated (or if someone has a jetpack) so basically the dude has both arms in front rushing at the enemy.

kool update on PA guys keep it up!!!

That would be more fitting, IMO, as a weapon skin for ego blade. The point of the laser sword is that you are wielding a device that creates the sword. The ego blades are formed entirely out of energy.
    edited May 2012
    Definitely glad to see the new laser sword powers and to know a lunge is coming.

CAN THE LUNGE STUN PLEASE outside of 20 feet. None of this disorient or stagger nonsense. :)

Second, can we finally make Laser Sword a full-fledged Combo power now?
    edited May 2012
    So the main issue is simply keeping the Size factor outside of combat. From understanding the Super Magnifier is not the size desired for this. The main issue with the enrage stack is the similar issue that many forms also experience of keeping their stacks at maximum.

Clearly there needs to be a more aesthetically pleasing way to get the large size of Enrage without Enrage itself in combat. Enrage is the one of two toggles with something that is completely aesthetic and provides no benefits aside from this.

Maybe it should be considered that rather gaining sizes with stacks, that like the similar toggle of ID Blades, that simply taking the 0 Point Advantage you get the full size benefit of what Enrage would provide.
    edited May 2012
    I like the changes.

Reconstruction Circuits is a nice new power, but can you not make it exlude all other powers so non power armor champions can use it too? Also I hope that fx is just a place holder.

The new laser blade attacks are also nice, they just need something to supplement them and a damage buff along with it. Regarding their look they also need to be somewhat larger and aren't they really plasma blades now?

LOVE the new Aura of Ebon Destruction black lightning, now the damage portion needs to scale better or be a bit higher then it's good(maybe allow it to crit?). Also it seems to triggers more often than twice in 6 seconds time.
    edited May 2012
    All in all I really like the update to enrage and the removal of aggressor in terms of PvE and how it and defiance really makes you want to play like the CoV brutes did.

In PvP, it'll take quite awhile to get to 8 stacks, however, once you're there, its much easier to maintain than old aggressor, since the time it takes for stacks to fall off is quite long.

Its a nice well rounded power now, especially with the endurance return. However, if you're not having endurance issues, enrage looks to be severely nerfed.

*fingers crossed that we'll get agressor's 20% damage boost added back into our base attack damage*
    edited May 2012
    the only problem i can think of about giving might that boost back is that aggressor was multiplictive, and if they'll a 22% multi onto might they might as well do it with the other multiplictive toggles as well.

EDIT: oh and it's not just might, with the loss of aggressor. it's enrage becoming a form, and all the frameworks that use it ON TOP of the multiplictive forms that are getting hit(that's earth, hw, might, bestial, ego, and infernal/toxic)
    edited May 2012
    Field surge grants about 3k shield hp but that can be wiped out in a few seconds, I wish field surge was more like masterful dodge and unbreakable so that i could rely on it for the full duration.

Any chance we could get field surge to regenerate it self for its duration like pff?

field surge is a cool looking power and i would like it be be a power that i could use on any build not just a pff build.
    edited May 2012
    I couldn't help but notice that my toon's Enrage Melee damage scaling went down from (live) 19% to (PTS) 13%, eventhough that's not stated in the patch notes: "This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount(...)". This means even with 8 Enraged stacks and Aggressor (Rank 3) activated roughly 1200 less damage on my main damaging abilites.

Endorphin Rush heals for 127 HP (8 stacks Enrage) when I tested, which is 1% of my toon's max health. Too low in my opinion.

(in case it's important: my toon - 320 STR, 200 CON)
    edited May 2012
    I couldn't help but notice that my toon's Enrage Melee damage scaling went down from (live) 19% to (PTS) 13%, eventhough that's not stated in the patch notes: "This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount(...)". This means even with 8 Enraged stacks and Aggressor (Rank 3) activated roughly 1200 less damage on my main damaging abilites.

Endorphin Rush heals for 127 HP (8 stacks Enrage) when I tested, which is 1% of my toon's max health. Too low in my opinion.

(in case it's important: my toon - 320 STR, 200 CON)

Quoting from the patch notes -
    Enrage:

Effectiveness reduced by 30%

That'd be why.
    edited May 2012
    Chameleone wrote:
    Overdrive would be easier to stack if it refreshed existing stacks on getting a new stack.

That would be insanely overpowered.
    Chameleone wrote:
    Is the scaling for overdrive implemented?

I have seen differing amounts of energy return with varying stats, but I've always had SS End/Int in my testing and it's varied from 18-20 depending on those stats. So there does appear to be some scaling, I'm just not sure how much.
    edited May 2012
    biostem wrote:
    That would be more fitting, IMO, as a weapon skin for ego blade. The point of the laser sword is that you are wielding a device that creates the sword. The ego blades are formed entirely out of energy.

the high lighted sections is what im talking about, if you take a look at the halo energy sword IT IS a device. i just dont feel like the laser sword right now fits power armor it looks like a glow wand ...

here is a link too if you dont believe me;

http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/energy-blade-replica-2.jpg?cb5e28

but that's not the point, all the weapons for power armor *take a look at iron man and war machine* are built into the system, can be used at a moments notice...the current weapon graphic makes it a hand held device that looks like you took it off your belt. the melee weapon should be integrated with the suit system much like the protoss from starcraft; http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/f/f3/Zealot_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg

make the graphic an unlock for other melee types and give power armor a much more fitting weapon.
    edited May 2012
    When thinking about it, it seems very strange that -6% all damage (mentioned Enrage nerf) and -22% all damage (no Agressor toggle) do significantly less damage while the new Agressor is activated (+60% all damage +50 more STR and CON as my primary and secondary SS), eventhough mathematically that makes no sense at all.
    Maybe an Aggressor bug?
    edited May 2012
    Dr.Sage, thanks for pointing that out. I misinterpreted that part of the patch notes.
    All in all, I can only shake my head as response to nerfing Enrage by 30%, since it only fully buffs Melees. Reasons why this is stupid have been mentioned in this thread enough.
    edited May 2012
    Overdrive does stack with each weapon slots. With Intelligence of 309 and Endurance of 174, I'm seeing 15 Energy a tic. For PA character, it's insanely good right now. If stick with 1 or 2 weapons fire, I can do with using my Energy Builder.
    edited May 2012
    When thinking about it, it seems very strange that -6% all damage (mentioned Enrage nerf) and -22% all damage (no Agressor toggle) do significantly less damage while the new Agressor is activated (+60% all damage +50 more STR and CON as my primary and secondary SS), eventhough mathematically that makes no sense at all.
    Maybe an Aggressor bug?

Aggressor as a toggle on Live is a multiplicative damage boost, and therefore adds up quickly when stacked with additive damage boosts (like Enrage). The new Aggressor active offense is additive, and suffers steep diminishing returns, even though the value is much higher. The result is a massive damage loss from Enrage/Aggressor builds.
    edited May 2012
    Overdrive doesn't work with Cave In or Fault Line. I didn't test other earth.
    edited May 2012
    Aura of Arcane Clarity: Is there a reason the Charge Speed for the caster is documented as much less than that of the teammate's boost? As the person holding AoAC in a group, I'd hope to get the maximum benefit and teammates the lesser.

Also while I had no teammates while testing.. I will say that the "Haste" component feels weak and unnoticable. I can't hardly tell if it's on at all.

Powers used with and without R3 AoAC:

Soul Mesmerism
    Mind Lock
    Uthora's Charm

I literally didn't notice a difference in casting times (nor in animation time).

Please if you are going to try to make AoAC viable to those of us who use it.. then at least SOME portion of the passive must be NOTICEABLY effective. As of now, my toon feels the same with or without the passive slotted.

Manipulator: The energy Return mechanic on Manipulator has a internal cooldown. I don't feel this is necessary as all of the powers that activate the Influence buff already have ACTUAL cooldowns.
    Also I see no increase in the buff numbers should you choose to rank the power.. the only advantage given is a base of 3 stacks out of combat. Seeing that the stack on influence won't drop for a full minute I can't see anyone EVER choosing to rank up this power with advantages. The ranked up Advantages of this toggle buff need to be changed.
    The stacks of influence still need a unique buff icon and the Manipulator power needs a unique animation.

Edit: After review. I am only getting +3.9% Charge Speed on a toon with 401 INT as a superstat.. That IS unnoticable.
    edited May 2012
    Swynion wrote:
    Overdrive doesn't work with Cave In or Fault Line. I didn't test other earth.

Isn't overdrive only procced by maintains and PA toggles, not charges?
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Aura of Arcane Clarity: Is there a reason the Charge Speed for the caster is documented as much less than that of the teammate's boost? As the person holding AoAC in a group, I'd hope to get the maximum benefit and teammates the lesser.

Also while I had no teammates while testing.. I will say that the "Haste" component feels weak and unnoticable. I can't hardly tell if it's on at all.

Powers used with and without R3 AoAC:

Soul Mesmerism
    Mind Lock
    Uthora's Charm

I literally didn't notice a difference in casting times (nor in animation time).

Please if you are going to try to make AoAC viable to those of us who use it.. then at least SOME portion of the passive must be NOTICEABLY effective. As of now, my toon feels the same with or without the passive slotted.

Manipulator: The energy Return mechanic on Manipulator has a internal cooldown. I don't feel this is necessary as all of the powers that activate the Influence buff already have ACTUAL cooldowns.

Edit: After review. I am only getting +3.9% Charge Speed on a toon with 401 INT as a superstat.. That IS unnoticable.

In the last build, I tested with and without SS PRE, and it appeared that the Charge Speed buff to self was scaling off PRE instead of SS. It was about 12% when I went SS PRE.
    edited May 2012
    Testing the new PA stuff again. Using Invulnerability, the new Energy Shield advantage, and the Rush of Battle spec, I could aggro all three groups in the 5-man Hard PH and casually kill them all, not once activating my energy builder or blocking, and finish with a full bar of health and a full energy bar.

Tested a mostly identical build but with Targeting Computer, and I can burn down a level 40 test dummy in 6.5 seconds (the length of time it takes for me to activate and run Minigun, MIcro Munitions, and Plasma Beam), and then do it again and again without having to use my energy builder. And, of course, these are AOEs (albeit two are fairly narrow), so I can do this to two test dummies at once.

I like it, but it does feel a little on the strong side.

EDIT: To be clear, I also never used any Active Offense or Active Defense powers.
    edited May 2012
    Aggressor as a toggle on Live is a multiplicative damage boost, and therefore adds up quickly when stacked with additive damage boosts (like Enrage). The new Aggressor active offense is additive, and suffers steep diminishing returns, even though the value is much higher. The result is a massive damage loss from Enrage/Aggressor builds.

Pretty much this. If you were using Defiance/Enrage/Aggressor on live, 1/3 of your damage has been removed.

It really doesn't make sense when you think about it. Both the Behemoth and Devastator archetypes had access to Enrage and Aggressor stacking. One would think the numbers those two were putting out was balanced around the 2 buffs stacking together. The weird part is 1/3 of our damage is now gone, and there's no sign that we're getting compensated for it. It would have made sense if the archetypes had just Enrage stacking or just Aggressor stacking. At least Cryptic could have said "we never intended for those two to stack together in one build". That isn't the case. Instead it just seems like a big fat nerf.
    edited May 2012
    Vincyre wrote:

Oh yeah. You are right.
    edited May 2012
    Sinistro78 wrote:
    Pretty much this. If you were using Defiance/Enrage/Aggressor on live, 1/3 of your damage has been removed.

It really doesn't make sense when you think about it. Both the Behemoth and Devastator archetypes had access to Enrage and Aggressor stacking. One would think the numbers those two were putting out was balanced around the 2 buffs stacking together. The weird part is 1/3 of our damage is now gone, and there's no sign that we're getting compensated for it. It would have made sense if the archetypes had just Enrage stacking or just Aggressor stacking. At least Cryptic could have said "we never intended for those two to stack together in one build". That isn't the case. Instead it just seems like a big fat nerf.

However the multiplicative damage boost is from the pre-alert time. Now that the damage roles themself include 25% multiplicative buff, and both the spec trees and the inherent offensive bonuses of gear add more linear base damage boost.. I think getting rid of the further multiplicative damage boost of toggles (not just aggressor, but all of them) is a good thing.
    Vincyre wrote:

Right. I suggested earlier that it could proc from charges as well - based on how for The Invincible AT in particular depending on your power choices the Mini Gun can be the only power you can use constantly to trigger it. When you combine the fact that Overdrive is balanced around having 3 stacks of it for full benefits, and compare it to how easy it's to proc most of the other energy unlocks, it doesn't seem right.

Alternately Overdrive could be made to have only 2 stacks at max, and then given 50% boost to energy returns. It would still be a bit problematic for The Invincible that picked Chest Beam and Energy Wave. Aside from Mini Gun the only powers to trigger it are Fire All Weapons (with huge cooldown) and Reconstruction Circuits (which also has a long cooldown).

The three stacks option would probably be pretty well in line with other unlocks if it also triggered from powers charged up to 50%.
    edited May 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    Field surge grants about 3k shield hp but that can be wiped out in a few seconds, I wish field surge was more like masterful dodge and unbreakable so that i could rely on it for the full duration.

Any chance we could get field surge to regenerate it self for its duration like pff?

field surge is a cool looking power and i would like it be be a power that i could use on any build not just a pff build.

So glad somebody made nearly the exact same suggestion I did earlier in this thread lol
    Also one other suggestion: Since PFF is being touched upon to be more survivable and Field Surge gotten one minor update would be too much of a stretch for its function to be a bit more similar to Unbreakable where if attacks go beyond the flat shielding then it automatically regenerates it right back until the duration of the power is up.

But I do fully agree. So great minds think alike!
    Also while we're at it; is it possible that we can get Resurgence to also work in a similar function as well to also make it more worthwhile for those who wish to keep to a certain theme? At least this way we can get all bases covered since we're currently touching upon these.
    edited May 2012
    Now with the aura overhaul ...
    ... why not add some new?

I would love to see a lifesteal aura for the Darkness Powerset.
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    BUG: Personal Force Field regen rate in combat is still the same as before. Only tooltip is updated.

Just got done testing this out.

Tooltip shows:

7,635 shield total.

518 regen rate at full shields.

1,036 regen when blocking.

During my combat testing (not a stress test, just a regen test) I noticed that the power's functionality hasn't changed.

Example: Witnessed my shield regen from 6,899 to 7,147. That's only 248 shield points.

Field Surge on the other hand works like a charm.

Quoting myself to clarify. The power functions as it did before this PTS update. Only change is to the tooltip.
    edited May 2012
    So glad somebody made nearly the exact same suggestion I did earlier in this thread lol

But I do fully agree. So great minds think alike!
    Also while we're at it; is it possible that we can get Resurgence to also work in a similar function as well to also make it more worthwhile for those who wish to keep to a certain theme? At least this way we can get all bases covered since we're currently touching upon these.

I don't think it's a good idea to alter powers to be almost copies of eachother. It might make sense to set unbreakable to work 'outside' PFF (if it currently doesn't) so that it would be of use to someone with PFF as well. I'd already noted before that it would be nice to see protection field and mindful reinforcement working this way (same as field surge).

What comes to field surge, perhaps it could have a damage resistance or flat mitigation component that affects force fields and persists through the duration even if the field surge itself collapses?