test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issue: "This program cannot display the webpage"

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited May 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
UPDATE: RIGHT after submitting this forum post, I loaded the launcher again, to just see what would happen. And it finally worked. After hours of doing all the below stuff, and loading the launcher several times throughout the process, all it took was making a forum post about it to fix the problem, it seems.

When I load the Champions Online launcher, I get the white page with the message "This program cannot display the webpage".

Having looked on here at different forum posts, I have done the following, so far:
  • I have uninstalled and re-installed Champions Online.
  • I have loaded/tested Internet Explorer (Both 64-bit and x86 versions). Every webpage I went to loaded fine, no problems what-so-ever.
  • I have reset Internet Explorer, and cleared the cache.
  • I have tried bypassing the launcher, and loading GameClient.exe. It loaded fine, came up with a log in screen, and after typing in my username and password, said "Unable to connect to account server".
  • I have run HijackThis. After thoroughly going through the list, everything in there was expected or easily explained. Nothing in the list was unknown or of concern.
  • I have run a ping and tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com. Nothing out of the ordinary there. No lengthy pauses, all well in the low range.
  • I have loaded Star Trek Online. The launcher loaded fine, I was able to login and connect to my character screen on that game.

I was able to log in last night, and was able to get the patch from yesterday. I logged in several times yesterday after the patch was installed. I have not been able to log in at all today, so today's patch has not been downloaded or installed. So, that should not be an issue, unless this new patch is all of a sudden required for connecting.

So, now I open the problem up to you folks out there. Is there anything else I can do/should try to do? I would really like to log in and play. I have friends that are able to connect and log on fine. I have not seen any other posts about this issue that were very recent, so I seem to be alone. I am all out of things to check on my end, where apparently the issue resides. Or, so it appears.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Having this same issue right now.
  • goldenshadoweyegoldenshadoweye Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have reinstalled the game like 10 times ! and Still can't Fix it .... Can anybody help me ?
    I can't even directly play the game from the files .