test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

U N I N S T A L L

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
The United Nations Initiative on Neo-Strategic Threat Analysis and Liability Limitation has recently been funded and approved for rapid expansion. Our mission: find the next "Dr. Destroyer" well before he or she becomes a major threat, and neutralise him or her by any means necessary. (( Nemesis-oriented play, in-game and as RP, is the core concept. )) Field-capable applicants are encouraged to contact the Initiative Director "Deadpan" to schedule a field trial. Send email to (( @Dubsy )) with the subject "U.N.I.N.S.T.A.L.L."

ASPRA-Registered applicants will be given priority trial slots. Applicants with equivalent papers from governments outside of the United States will be added to the priority field trial roster once they have been validated. (( If you have a bio/profile/PRIMUS DB entry, you will be given priority. )) Those without papers of any kind will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis during any period in which the field trial priority queue is clear.

We have an immediate need for Agents with administrative experience, as well as bi- and multilingual English speakers. Prior military experience a plus.

(( This is a heavy RP SG. Content will be R-rated for language and mature themes. "Erotic" RP is not disallowed, but is not a function, focus, or goal of this SG -- such play in SG channels will warrant an appropriately severe IC responce, up to and including dismissal. If you are interested in the concept but new to RP or shy about it, please feel free to contact us anyway. I personally don't see RP as some kind of elite activity requiring years of training or practise, but rather a game of "let's pretend" with some degree of structure. I plan to keep the SG small and familial, but I would definitely like to take on any players who are bilingual or multilingual with English and any other language(s), to create a truly International "UN" SG with 24-hour uptime, or something close to it. ))
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I've been hesitant about getting my feet wet with RP.
    It's an aspect of many games that I've always watched from the outside and always said..."man...they're just gonna think i'm stupid...why bother trying to jump in."

...but...after my year of silent soloing, I'm at more of a comfort zone with the community...and i've gotten to know people a lot better, and i don't think i'll be so shy to break out of the ice walls i always build around myself.

Not gonna leave my current SG to join, but I'll work on bringing up an alt if you'll have me.

fresh face. fresh start.

Whaddaya say?
    edited June 2012
    I say that I've had a nasty flu that has come and gone in waves for over a week. Sorry I didn't see your message sooner, but yes, of course, any concept you wish to throw about, just PM me.

As it stands now, we have one member in, two waiting to join, and you, which would make a solid core of five people. My main character in the SG is a pretty solid Tank type, and the other is a DPS. One of the waiting joiners is a full-time healer (I believe he's Mind AT) and the other is a DPS type, I believe munitions and/or PA. If you haven't build a controller type and are interested in that play style, that would be an excellent fit.
    edited June 2012
    Sounds like the perfect opportunity to build that pet master.
    I'll start perusing build advice and welcome any tips you've got to share. I know that I've got some post it notes scattered around the comp from our previous talks on pets.

(I'm probably going to need a lot of initial practice using a setup like this, as most of my characters tend to forget they even have a pet (whim power picking) most of the time)
  • zuludevil1zuludevil1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a question. Is it necessary for your character to be fluent in multiple languages or can he/she just know the basics of a second language or just all together only know their basic first language?