test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Telepathic Heroes

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
So I've been working on the bio for a new character I've started. When I do this, I usually try to anchor their story within the Champions Online IP.

In this particular case, I would make reference to a Champions IP hero who makes use of telepathy, but I'm at a loss to think of such a hero. It seems like as far as the game goes, the only people who use telepathy are villains.

Does anyone know of a hero who uses telepathy? Preferably one who is still around, and didn't die off a while ago.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    So I've been working on the bio for a new character I've started. When I do this, I usually try to anchor their story within the Champions Online IP.

In this particular case, I would make reference to a Champions IP hero who makes use of telepathy, but I'm at a loss to think of such a hero. It seems like as far as the game goes, the only people who use telepathy are villains.

Does anyone know of a hero who uses telepathy? Preferably one who is still around, and didn't die off a while ago.

Diadem of New York's Sentinels team is a telepathic hero, and quite a powerful one (though not on par with Menton). She's been an active member of the team since 1990. She's known for her distrust of the occult, stemming from being kidnapped as a teenager by an occult villain and having her powers forcibly activated.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Well, to be fair, having the power to discern thoughts and control the minds of others is a power that lends itself rather temptingly towards self-gain...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    So just to put it in perspective, here's what I had in mind for my character's back story:

My character, Ebony, has the power to give physical form to her inner darkness. When this power first manifests, it completely over whelms her and she ends up becoming a super villain. It isn't until several years later that [insert telepathic hero] is able to break through Ebony's power and help her turn it off. Eventually, after years of mental training, Ebony is able to use her power without it consuming her.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Mentiac in CO.. I'm using him for lore.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:

I want his head aura...looks cool for telepathic heroes....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    I believe this thread could be considered a necro-thread based on the date of the post before your own. Also, I'm not sure if Mentiac is, in fact, a mentalist/telepath in CO. In the PnP he is merely a scientific genius and according to CO-Wiki's entry on his in-game persona I'm inclined to believe that it is the same situation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I believe this thread could be considered a necro-thread based on the date of the post before your own. Also, I'm not sure if Mentiac is, in fact, a mentalist/telepath in CO. In the PnP he is merely a scientific genius and according to CO-Wiki's entry on his in-game persona I'm inclined to believe that it is the same situation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well on his profile it does say

"Mentiac suffers from horrible headaches at times, and no one is sure why at this point"

Which could mean he could be manifesting telepathic powers :D...many telepaths go through the headache stage (Emma Frost, Professor X) so it could be hope :p
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    RavenForce wrote:
    Well on his profile it does say

"Mentiac suffers from horrible headaches at times, and no one is sure why at this point"

Which could mean he could be manifesting telepathic powers :D...many telepaths go through the headache stage (Emma Frost, Professor X) so it could be hope :p
    Though Cryptic has the freedom to explain such headaches as the signs of latent mental powers, the PnP write-ups already refers the source of those headaches from the "Sensory Overload" also mentioned in the CO-Wiki page.