test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question concerning VIPER.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Does VIPER have air superority fighters? I know they have close air support in the form of Ospreys and AirCav, and they have extensive anti-air capabilities, and fighter jets do exist in the world, with both PRIMUS and UNTIL having used them in the MMO.

If they do have fighter jets, what are they called? What do they look like? What are their armaments?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Sent you a PM. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sent you a PM. :)

Pbbbbbbbbbt.

The whole point of threads like these is so that everyone can see the answer. An ever-explanding reference collection!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Let's say that some of this information is classified by UNTIL. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Let's say that some of this information is classified by UNTIL. :)

o_0 :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Since I really don't like the idea that lore information is being kept behind a curtain when a question is asked I'm going to apply what information I have here.

Quetzalcoatl Aerial Gunship
    The Quetzalcoatl (named for the feathered serpent god of Aztec myth) is VIPER's most common air combat vehicle and the means by which squadrons attempt to obtain air superiority during major battles. With its cruising speed of about 300 miles per hour, and it's powerful blasters and two batteries of missiles, it's one of the most advanced aircraft in the world today. The Quetzalcoatl has a crew of two specially trained pilots, who live in quarters on the craft.

But the Quetzalcoatl does more for VIPER than fight. Large enough to carry 10 agents with all of their equipment, and possessing a full communications and senor array, including a Serpentine Node, the Quetzalcoatl can also act as a troop transport or mobile command center.

Dragon Jet
    VIPER's largest, longest range, and most powerful aircraft is the fearsome Dragon Jet. Able to attain speeds in excess of Mach 2, it can launch from any VIPER Nest, reach any point on the planet, attack, and return to home base. It has two blaster batteries, one dorsal and one ventral, mounted on concealed pop-up turrets, giving it the ability to hit targets all around it. Additionally, it has two racks of missiles (one under each wing) and a complement of four powerful bombs for use against ground-based targets.

The Dragon Jet requires a minimum crew of three, though it functions best with seven crewmen. It has living quarters for six agents; typically the seventh crewman is a high-ranking VIPER officer assigned by the Nest launching vehicle. Additionally, it can carry 25 agents plus all their equipment. Its vehicle takeoff and landing (VTOL) thrusters allow it to touch down quickly, offload its troops, and then return to the skies before the enemy can target it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, just to explain: I thought posting directly from the PnP books would cause legal problems, that's all. :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, just to explain: I thought posting directly from the PnP books would cause legal problems, that's all. :confused:

Which I can understand but considering I've seen people post book passages before I can't really see a problem. Now if you were posting scan of pages from the books that would be a big legal no no. In this case it's simply a description of two things in lore, nothing that might not exist on a wiki for the PnP since I avoided posting any stats or anything similar.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Matikz wrote:
    Which I can understand but considering I've seen people post book passages before I can't really see a problem. Now if you were posting scan of pages from the books that would be a big legal no no. In this case it's simply a description of two things in lore, nothing that might not exist on a wiki for the PnP since I avoided posting any stats or anything similar.

These forums, although having the purpose of sharing information regarding official game lore and the like, are not meant to be an actual replacement for the sourcebooks. For all purposes, the OP got his answers and, now, the forums do as well. These forums should not, still, replace the needs for sourcebooks and the like being incredible reads, like I have recently realized. Just remember to mention that such information can be found on an official sourcebook, in this case VIPER: Coils of The Serpent which is a 5th edition volume and costs half its regular price from the official HERO store , so that CO players can also become (greater) fans of the setting and story, something that I can only see as beneficial for both sides.