What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120511.0

12345679»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Rafahil wrote:
    ooh faster ticks sounds perfect for Aura of Ebon Destruction!

Ooh! I like that idea. Another idea would be if AoED provided a cost reduction to attack powers. Or, what if it had a chance of applying a magic burst, causing extra magic damage to attacks (or would that be too specific)?
    edited May 2012
    This is why Cryptic is so awesome at times. We start discussing different ways to make AoAC cool and the devs are like 'dude, that sounds awesome' and throw it in for testing.

Even if the game isn't perfect, Cryptic's attention to the fanbase is really stellar, almost to a fault at times.

Thanks to you Cryptic. Looking forward to what's next. =)
    edited May 2012
    biostem wrote:
    I support giving ATs the ability to switch between Hybrid and their respective roles. Of course, the ones that are already in the Hybrid role would then have to get 1 other role unlocked for them, 9based on the passive they get).

This came up in another thread, and I strongly support this as well.

Everyone should be able to get into hybrid mode for an easier, more well-rounded solo experience. This shouldn't be something restricted to golds. It's not a perk, it's pretty basic game functionality. And it allows the devs to make the specialized roles more distinct without crippling an AT that is by him or herself.
    edited May 2012
    Logging in to test holds..

Anyone online PST so i can get this done expediantly and will need human enemy to test HoldHP.

Very torn between actual game balance of wanting Manipulator as a Passive (so as to not let too much damage be done with it).. and keeping it as a Toggle (because my build would kick so much **** with it personally).

This is a case of "do it for the game" or "do it for my personal gain".
    edited May 2012
    would it be at all possible to get an active offense for power armor? now that even might is getting an active offense due to enrage being moved to a form and aggressor being move to active offense it seems that only *and correct me if i am wrong* PA has no active offense. i dont know what to call it, but it should incorporate some kinda of cost reduction *i know sounds like lock n load, but most power sets have an active offense* or maybe being able to active all your toggle abilities... but it seems apparent that you guys are working on the PA pass. concentration does not work effectively with PA ether *unless im missing something* PA is mostly toggles or a choice maybe 3 charged attacks. tactile missile is cool but needs some extra features to it kinda like chest beam's defense or resistance debuff it gives. the new maintained attack is kool but feels really weak even at rank 3 and needs some extra things attached to it. fire all arms is rather kool and cant wait to see the final animation but needs to be multiple dmg types and not just one type of dmg. because if you ever read war machine he has a mixed batch of weapons ranged from particle to piercing. id like to request that laser sword be changed in animation wise. *i know everyone likes the light saber style, but it doesnt fit PA* maybe make it like there is an energy blade being emitted from the wrists or make it looking like the player is generating a katar in his hand.

thats about all i got right now...its late and ill come back later to fill in the gaps or answer your questions or statements...cant...think...straight...........
    edited May 2012
    Lightstick wrote:
    would it be at all possible to get an active offense for power armor? now that even might is getting an active offense due to enrage being moved to a form and aggressor being move to active offense it seems that only *and correct me if i am wrong* PA has no active offense. i dont know what to call it, but it should incorporate some kinda of cost reduction *i know sounds like lock n load, but most power sets have an active offense* or maybe being able to active all your toggle abilities... but it seems apparent that you guys are working on the PA pass. concentration does not work effectively with PA ether *unless im missing something* PA is mostly toggles or a choice maybe 3 charged attacks. tactile missile is cool but needs some extra features to it kinda like chest beam's defense or resistance debuff it gives. the new maintained attack is kool but feels really weak even at rank 3 and needs some extra things attached to it. fire all arms is rather kool and cant wait to see the final animation but needs to be multiple dmg types and not just one type of dmg. because if you ever read war machine he has a mixed batch of weapons ranged from particle to piercing. id like to request that laser sword be changed in animation wise. *i know everyone likes the light saber style, but it doesnt fit PA* maybe make it like there is an energy blade being emitted from the wrists or make it looking like the player is generating a katar in his hand.

thats about all i got right now...its late and ill come back later to fill in the gaps or answer your questions or statements...cant...think...straight...........

There's actually only one active offense power in the technology framework, Lock and Load from Munitions. Archery, Gadgets, and Power Armor do not have one.

Wind and Force also do not have one, none of the Sorcery trees have them, Supernatural both Bestial and Infernal do not have one...

Basically...

Not every tree has one.
    edited May 2012
    There's actually only one active offense power in the technology framework, Lock and Load from Munitions. Archery, Gadgets, and Power Armor do not have one.

Wind and Force also do not have one, none of the Sorcery trees have them, Supernatural both Bestial and Infernal do not have one...

Basically...

Not every tree has one.

Telepathy and Gadgeteering lack them as well, but they're more supportive sets. Then again, Telepathy lacks a passive too.
    edited May 2012
    I logged in to check out the new PA attacks. Here are some observations:

Power Bolts - This is the PA EB I have been waiting. Ranking it up makes it look even better. What will be the advantage? Lower the Rank costs to 1 point and the adv to 3 and I'll spend the points.

Power Beam- I wave my hand mounted flashlight around hitting moar targets allowing Targeting Computer to lock on moar. Not bad. Not a fan of not being able to activate it while micromunitions and minigun are firing. Chest beam does the job better. What would be excellent for this is if the animation pulled a mecha BFG out and blasted a beam down range the way it does now.

Tactical Missiles - A reskin of Power Gauntlet. Same general damage as PG. Will it have the same advantages. It's ok.

Concentration - It is what it is. Rank it up and lock n load. No, really, Lock N Load. Kaboom akalakaboom.

Fire All Weapons - This should be a hard hittin T4 power that quickly cycles all the characters weapons in a massive barrage of destruction. It isn't there yet. Nice idea. Not there yet.

So far I will likely be sticking with the old powers. Concentration and power bolts are in the build for sure.
    edited May 2012
    Like Yukitsuki said - the self portion of Auras should not go below what allies get.

they get yours in addition to whatever they have. Yours is ALL you get.

Also - if you build for running in Support for the energy gain, and choose your powers based on what you get from it - nurfing the self portion of things and telling people to 'run in Hybrid', means they have to then choose different powers and/or energy building to compensate.

Boost the ally portion, nurf the ally portion, but dont nurf the self portion while in Support.
    edited May 2012
    riggsmax wrote:
    Like Yukitsuki said - the self portion of Auras should not go below what allies get.

they get yours in addition to whatever they have. Yours is ALL you get.

Also - if you build for running in Support for the energy gain, and choose your powers based on what you get from it - nurfing the self portion of things and telling people to 'run in Hybrid', means they have to then choose different powers and/or energy building to compensate.

Boost the ally portion, nurf the ally portion, but dont nurf the self portion while in Support.

I'm curious who all these people are who build for no energy and rely totally on what they get from support role.

It doesn't seem viable, or efficant, or wise.
    edited May 2012
    Here is a problem you might have over looked.

By switching enrage with aggressor you're effecting the bestial supernatural powers. Bestial is one of the weakest melee powers in the game and it relies on slashing, bleeds, and enrage abilities. Without enrage they can only give themselves one stack of rage, nothing more. The set already has a needed toggle form, so picking up enrage is pointless, not to mention that there are hardly any knock powers in the powerset. What beast would attack without any built up rage?

(This change also kills my dragon themed toon. As we know dragons attack with their breath and claws but also with built up rage.)
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Logging in to test holds..

Anyone online PST so i can get this done expediantly and will need human enemy to test HoldHP.

Very torn between actual game balance of wanting Manipulator as a Passive (so as to not let too much damage be done with it).. and keeping it as a Toggle (because my build would kick so much **** with it personally).

This is a case of "do it for the game" or "do it for my personal gain".

My results can be found here.

Thanks to @Tom_Quantam and @Macey for your help. Love and miss you two. Here's hoping they start using "Hold Magnitude" across the board and bring be back to Champions Online.
    edited May 2012
    Hey all! We have made another change based on feedback that we have been hearing about Aura of Arcane Clarity! Enjoy! This should be hitting a PTS near you soon!

Aura of Arcane Clarity:
    -The self portion of this passive has been increased by 30% while in Hybrid.
    -The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 15% while in Hybrid.
    -This power now grants "Haste" while used in Hybrid. Haste reduces the charge times of "Charged" powers.
    -This power no longer increases the healing done by allies while used in Hybrid.
    -The self portion of this passive has been increased by 10% while in Support.
    -The ally portion of this passive has been increased by 200% while in Support.
    -This power now grants "Haste" while used in Support. Haste reduces the charge times of "Charged" powers.
    -This power no longer increases your healing while used in Support.
    -This passive is now functions differently depending on your selected role (either Hybrid or Support).

So if one uses maintained powers, it does nothing for them ?
    edited May 2012
    My take on PA:

Power Bolts is fine. Miles ahead of the old EB.

Power Beam: once you get the hang of aiming it, it's quite nice. Can be used on a less PA-ish character as is -- please *don't* add a non-optional BFG to this, as it fits in with more themes this way. I am probably going to remake Brain-Thing to use this as a primary attack instead of Force Cascade so I won'y be completely unwelcome in Alerts. :)

Tactical Missiles: I wasn't excited, but then I'm not that excited about Power Gauntlet either.

Fire All Weapons: I like it exactly as it is. Flashier graphics wouldn't hurt but the swarm of missiles is just fine as far as I'm concerned. In a way it makes other toggles redundant, because it can't be used with them but is roughly equivalent to running Minigun and Micro Munitions together. Because of that I almost feel like it should be a maintain rather than a toggle -- or that it should be a one-click freakout of maybe 50% more damage with a 15 second cooldown. But like I said, I like it as it is. Unless there are major changes I'll plan to take this as my main PA attack, backed up with lots of energy generation.

In general there seems to be a rift in PA between the toggle-based stuff -- which I always found awkward and annoying to use, but less so now without the cooldowns -- and the non-toggle stuff which is incompatible with it. This limits mixing and matching to some extent. When the powers were first announced I imagined running Eye Beams and Power Beam with the occasional Chest Beam tap added. Not so much.

We still want a particle/sonic offensive passive that doesn't have Electric Form's graphical effects.

The new powers need some advantages and/or more secondary effects (like Plasma Burn; maybe make the new power unlock "Plasma Feedback" similar to Thermal/Ionic Reverberation). At least some of those powers need to have Crippling Challenge/Challenging Strikes.

Would be nice if toggles somehow counted toward Concentration. Currently either Power Beam or Chest Beam is needed to trigger it; there's nothing in the guns/missiles theme that will do so. Maybe a full duration toggle should trigger Concentration?
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    So if one uses maintained powers, it does nothing for them ?
    Well you don't exactly need it on a maintain, since it starts ticking from second 1 and all the way till the end of it.

Charged powers, on the other hand, have no effect before the charge is either complete or released.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.
    edited May 2012
    I don't like this "Concentration" form. Right now, it's just a bootleg version of Form of the Tempest. Even the animation is the same. Its energy return is pretty much non-existent and it doesn't stack fast enough. I like Tempest form better.
    edited May 2012

Well you don't exactly need it on a maintain, since it starts ticking from second 1 and all the way till the end of it.

Charged powers, on the other hand, have no effect before the charge is either complete or released.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.

But faster full charged = more damage, so its a damage boost only for charges, while normally auras
    give benefit to all players.
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    But faster full charged = more damage, so its a damage boost only for charges, while normally auras give benefit to all players.
    Well, you still have the 2 other effects: cost reduction (which to me is the most important thing in a maintain, along with its damage / heal / hold), and recharge reduction.

Like I said, what part would you accelerate?
    The speed at which it ticks?
    For some damaging maintains, it'd probably be great, but what about maintained holds?
    That'd just be a disadvantage instead, as the point of it is to incapacitate as long as possible.

The haste on charge is just a special bonus on that specific type of attacks.
    edited May 2012

Like I said, what part would you accelerate?
    The speed at which it ticks?
    For some damaging maintains, it'd probably be great, but what about maintained holds?
    That'd just be a disadvantage instead, as the point of it is to incapacitate as long as possible.

The haste on charge is just a special bonus on that specific type of attacks.

The speed it ticks on "damage powers" would be the equivalent.

Thing is, auras were never specific, like AoRP would only benefitt players with a defense passive.
    edited May 2012
    I still don't understand why aura users in a Support Role get less benefit than their team, who already have their own passives. It doesn't make any sense.
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Thing is, auras were never specific, like AoRP would only benefitt players with a defense passive.
    Were: past tense, they are changing them.
    Also AoRP would probably be nifty for pet-masters (still have to check that out, but it looks that way), on top of helping teammates.
    I still don't understand why aura users in a Support Role get less benefit than their team, who already have their own passives. It doesn't make any sense.
    One word, even if it's only my point of view: Trinity.

You're the support / healer: support / heal and shut up.
    Healers aren't supposed to get the aggro, that's the tank's job (or the DPSers, if the tank dies / sucks).
    (Also I totally agree with you, but we have fans of the Holy Trinity both among players and Devs.
    If it brings more people / money to C.O. and keeps it around longer... *shrug*)
    edited May 2012

Were: past tense, they are changing them.
    Also AoRP would probably be nifty for pet-masters (still have to check that out, but it looks that way), on top of helping teammates.

It has always been nice for petmasters. Not everyone has followed the AoPM hype :p
    edited May 2012
    Separated from the previous stuff: with the player's Power Armor power-set review, will the Nemesis counterpart receive the same treatment?

Cause there're things it'd like not to see anymore... of the pathetic kind. :-p
    Aaaaarrrrggghhh
    Also, while not the focus of this build / review, will the Nemesis as a whole receive some attention soon?
    You guys gave us a great incentive to (re-re-re-re)play the Nemesis mission arc, but it's a bugs nest.

Between the Nemesis that's too scared to exit the cell, the Darkness type that just disintegrates (be that in Alerts or the missions), cut-scenes that don't trigger and the costumes that can't be loaded because the "streamlining" of the creator seems to apply to Nemeses as well...

It's like you've put a giant road-sign with big blinking lights pointing directly at a cliff.
    Maybe not the best way to draw customers towards you.
    Despite the workaround (that costs G) to change the power-set, Darkness is still ultra-popular (See the Villain contest).
    People get upset that they can't have it AND that they must pay to fix something that should work.

Just thought it was worth a word, won't bring it up in here again, since a bit off-topic.
    Beldin2 wrote:
    It has always been nice for petmasters. Not everyone has followed the AoPM hype :p
    I AM NOT A HIPSTER!
    *goes to hide the glowy tendrils of her minion master*
    edited May 2012
    Also, while not the focus of this build / review, will the Nemesis as a whole receive some attention soon?
    You guys gave us a great incentive to (re-re-re-re)play the Nemesis mission arc, but it's a bugs nest.

Hm .. i replayed it a lot before the patch, since i always believed we get some new shiny Nemesis Purples
    one day .. but now at the moment i don't see any reason to do it again :(

If at least some of the SVs there could drop Questionite .. or give us some nice purples in the Nem-Shop
    or whatever :o
    edited May 2012
    Mm. I like most of what's happening with the pass, but having finally gotten hold of Mechassassin's arm cannon I've noticed something rather disappointing - specifically, the way our arm's held whilst using Power Beam, or any palm-fired power, the attack isn't coming out of the cannon. It'd be nice if it were angled differently, but I suppose that's a fairly minor concern.

Edit: On testing, lining it up is just a matter of setting emission points to Fist. Please make this happen? :3
    edited May 2012
    How exactly do you gain stacks of enrage? Powers that say they add stacks do not. Gentleman Crush says that attempting to knock dose but when I use shotgun blast, no mater how many dummies I knock out of the area, no stacks of enrage.
    edited May 2012
    wert789 wrote:
    How exactly do you gain stacks of enrage? Powers that say they add stacks do not. Gentleman Crush says that attempting to knock dose but when I use shotgun blast, no mater how many dummies I knock out of the area, no stacks of enrage.

The stacks of enrage are bugged at the moment in the current PTS build if I am not mistaken. The "knocks give you enrage" thing, hasn't happened yet, and likely will be implemented in the next PTS build.
    edited May 2012
    Things that have yet to be tested with a thread on the forums:

AoED changes. (Testable, but hasn't been discussed yet. Not enough? Just Right? Too little? There's no feedback other than 'looks good' here)
    AoRP changes (same as above. Some such as myself are concerned it might be too powerful, others seem uncaring/ambivalent)
    Enrage changes. (currently bugged, not stacking on knocks as it should, not yet fully implemented.)
    Concentration changes (still bugged on some powers, recent change for half maintains and distance still not live)
    AoAC changes (recent change to charge skills not in current build yet)

Things that have threads up:
    AoPM changes: Thread here: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147269 . Generally the consensus so far is that changes might still be a bit too far. Support buff arguably overpowered but opinions mixed. Needs more discussion and testing here.
    Power Armor Changes: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147508
    Theoretical Enrage/Might thread: Most informative so far, but highly biased, Dev Post bottom of page 4: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147324&page=4
    Manipulator Thread: (Best So Far): http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147499 (Still some substantial contention here. No Consensus reached, but beginning to find agreement on much of the power.)
    Focus/General Toggle Discussion: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147351&page=2
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Hm .. i replayed it a lot before the patch, since i always believed we get some new shiny Nemesis Purples
    one day .. but now at the moment i don't see any reason to do it again :(

If at least some of the SVs there could drop Questionite .. or give us some nice purples in the Nem-Shop
    or whatever :o

Most people consider the heirloom gear that you can purchase with nemesis tokens to be really worthwhile. You should check them out if you haven't yet.

You can swap them between characters but...

I have two full sets and it's still not enough to be totally convenient.
    edited May 2012
    Felivia wrote:
    Things that have yet to be tested with a thread on the forums:

AoED changes. (Testable, but hasn't been discussed yet. Not enough? Just Right? Too little? There's no feedback other than 'looks good' here)

I tried and liked it. With a good PRE, it can give +50% damage to allies when in support role
    On a char with a good offense and superstats + 8 stacks of focus, it can move the total +%dmg from +250% to +300%, making you deal 400% damage instead of 350%
    That's roughly +14% damage, just like if you got a free small aspect of the infernal rank 2

Another of my chars (Electric form rank 3 and good offense but no focus) gets from +200% to +250% => +16% damage, a big aspect of the infernal rank 2

Overall, I think it's good... It just could be better with a bit of critical rating, after all, if AoAC is getting a bonus (charge time), why not AoED? (and AoRP coult get a bit of absorb, like unstoppable :D)
    edited May 2012
    Oops, wrong thread.
    edited May 2012
    YannSolo wrote:
    (and AoRP coult get a bit of absorb, like unstoppable :D)

God no.. that would make the choice for healing passive pretty much irrelevant. AoRP is already the end all be all of healing, and turn pretty much anyone with threat into the tank.

AoRP does not need any buffs. >.<
    edited May 2012
    Felivia wrote:
    God no.. that would make the choice for healing passive pretty much irrelevant. AoRP is already the end all be all of healing, and turn pretty much anyone with threat into the tank.

AoRP does not need any buffs. >.<

I was thinking of nerfing it a little of course if the mini-IDF was to be added, I agree that it's good enough that is doesn't need a buff :D
    edited May 2012
    It's starting to become the case that Seraphim is the passive you pick if you wanna be a rebel, or you realize that even healers have to do dps and AoRP is pretty much lolhealingeasymode when combined with Sentinel Aura and a fair amount of +Healing.

Put someone on follow and alt tab healing: AoRP.
    Actually do stuff while rarely having to heal your party: Seraphim, AoPM.