test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PTS Update FC.28.20120511.0

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    SUGGESTION

Aspect of the Bestial: Make this a click offense like the others. Change the name to Bestial Wrath. Use the icon that is now used to represents stacks of Aspect of the Bestial. In addition to the normal damage boost, let this also gives bonus bleed damage or lets all attacks inflict bleeds while used. Change aura effect to similar glow effect that new shadows aura uses.

Aspect of the Infernal: Make this a click offense like others. Change the name to Infernal Wrath. In additional to normal damage boosts, let this also give bonus poison damage or increases the chance to inflict poison affects.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    SUGGESTION

Aspect of the Bestial: Make this a click offense like the others. Change the name to Bestial Wrath. Use the icon that is now used to represents stacks of Aspect of the Bestial. In addition to the normal damage boost, let this also gives bonus bleed damage or lets all attacks inflict bleeds while used. Change aura effect to similar glow effect that new shadows aura uses.
    I agree if we remove the -30% on Enrage (or at least change it for -10%). With the loss of Aggressor and Aspect of the Bestial, Bestial and Brick are more disadvantaged than before when compared to Martial Arts Focus and its higer critical rate. They need something to compensate, removing (or greatly reducing) the global nerf on Enrage should balance things.
    Silverspar wrote:
    Aspect of the Infernal: Make this a click offense like others. Change the name to Infernal Wrath. In additional to normal damage boosts, let this also give bonus poison damage or increases the chance to inflict poison affects.
    I don't agree. ^^
    Keeping it as it will allow players to chose Between aspect and Concentration.
    edited May 2012
    You're going to need to get rid of the sound effects on the Giant Growth advantage. There are already people on the PTS standing near the training area constantly toggling Enrage on and off just to annoy everyone. I can only imagine how it will be on Live.
    edited May 2012
    edited May 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    You're going to need to get rid of the sound effects on the Giant Growth advantage. There are already people on the PTS standing near the training area constantly toggling Enrage on and off just to annoy everyone. I can only imagine how it will be on Live.

They are not doing it on purpse. Its a bug thats removing enraged once it hits 3 stacks. Hopefully it should be fine when fixed.
    edited May 2012
    But again, how will might and heavy weapons characters get 30% damage effectiveness restored? This still hasn't been answered. 30% loss in effectiveness is grossly unbalanced and unreasonable.:mad:

Frankly with + Offense gear/The Best Defense/Blaze of Glory, etc I'm positive Enrage on top of all that was simply running into diminishing returns on the top end.

The reduction in Enrage's effectiveness may be painful on paper, but in practice on a fully specced out 40 it's going to be completely manageable.

EDIT: which is why I don't have super huge hope for Concentration on ranged heroes. Locus/TBD/Ebon circle/any sort of offensive clicky is probably going to make Conc kinda superfluous.
    edited May 2012
    Splosions wrote:
    Not enough missiles.

That's okay, I have that covered.
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    I agree if we remove the -30% on Enrage (or at least change it for -10%). With the loss of Aggressor and Aspect of the Bestial, Bestial and Brick are more disadvantaged than before when compared to Martial Arts Focus and its higer critical rate. They need something to compensate, removing (or greatly reducing) the global nerf on Enrage should balance things.
    You agree with this, bestial is a multiplier not additive, which means it takes a lot of stacks of form or enrage alone at around 200 stats to equal this as is. It's not disadvantaged, but it isn't necessary anymore.
    I don't agree. ^^
    Keeping it as it will allow players to chose Between aspect and Concentration.

This makes no sense. Why do we need choices on this anymore? Considering infernal's bread and butter lately is epidemic, concentration is by far the better choice over all, since the only reason people were in the uber damage range with infernal was because they were rage stacking with infernal, since infernal is like bestial, a damage multiplier, not additive. In short the aspects, as they use to exist, need to look at being deep sixed.
    edited May 2012
    Frankly with + Offense gear/The Best Defense/Blaze of Glory, etc I'm positive Enrage on top of all that was simply running into diminishing returns on the top end.

The reduction in Enrage's effectiveness may be painful on paper, but in practice on a fully specced out 40 it's going to be completely manageable..
    You're forgetting that we are also losing Aggressor and Aspect of the Bestial. They were needed because of the lower critical rate of Brick and Bestial builds compared to Martial Arts. So this is more than just a -30% nerf like Focus, MA builds critical rate is still the same.
    edited May 2012
    Macey wrote:
    Where are they Todd? I must have missed them.

They were in the Upcoming Player Power Changes thread:

Hey guys! Akinos and I have been following the thread carefully and we both really appreciate all the feedback! Keep it coming!

A few more changes have made their way into this list, so I will post the updated list of things, not the least of which is the glorious return of Endorphin Rush and the rebirth of Aggressor!

Enrage:
    -Enrage is now a toggled form. Toggling on Enrage allows you to build more than 1 stack of Enraged! at a time. This power counts as a Form.
    -*NEW* Enrage now grants a stack when you attempt to knock a foe.
    -This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount, and ranged damage for half that amount.
    -Effectiveness reduced by 30%
    -*UPDATED* Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage has returned, and now triggers whenever you gain a stack of Enraged!.
    -*BUG FIX* You can now stack new enrage properly!

He posted these notes (http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=2080346&postcount=482) and said they will be in the next PTS build after this one.
    edited May 2012
    So Manipulator let's you hold Legendaries, but its at about 1/100th the duration of your base, so with a 30 second mez its 0.3 seconds, not counting damage breaking it which practically makes it.... 0. If it was atleast 1/10th for 3 seconds you MIGHT see it happen with damage flying on these things. That said since you can only mez 3 times I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it at just 1/2 half base as the damage breaking effect alone would more then break them free almost instantly anyway.

Also it doesn't seem to work with Stuns and the stack cap per second sorta makes building stacks take ages, which is atleast easy thanks to the 60 second timer, but still really slow to build.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    You agree with this, bestial is a multiplier not additive, which means it takes a lot of stacks of form or enrage alone at around 200 stats to equal this as is. It's not disadvantaged, but it isn't necessary anymore.
    Maybe I got you wrong then, by click offense I thought you were speaking of an active offense. If you meant making it a better Form toggle than it is for the moment and end its synergy with Enrage, then I agree indeed. :p
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    Maybe I got you wrong then, by click offense I thought you were speaking of an active offense. If you meant making it a better Form toggle than it is for the moment and end its synergy with Enrage, then I agree indeed. :p

No, I am saying making them both click offenses, like shadow shroud, intense and as aggressor soon will be. Giving them both their own special perks that compliment their set, in this case, boosting their dot damage.
    edited May 2012

The reduction in Enrage's effectiveness may be painful on paper, but in practice on a fully specced out 40 it's going to be completely manageable.

EDIT: which is why I don't have super huge hope for Concentration on ranged heroes. Locus/TBD/Ebon circle/any sort of offensive clicky is probably going to make Conc kinda superfluous.

With the convolution of layers of math and no real way of checking it, this argument offers no comfort.

Might and heavy weapons were never broken, but now they are losing damage potential without reason. I will concede all this AoPM Enrage stuff may have brought this about. But I do not buy the need for such drastic and unreasonable cut to might.

So, back to the question. How do the developers plan to balance might and restore the damage being taken away? DPS out damages might in every way. DPS builds can often overwhelm defensive builds mitigation. DPS is over powered more than ever now. How do you intend to fix this?
    edited May 2012
    Gratz Cryptic.

After test on pts, with the same stats:
    1) invulnerable R3 in hybrid mode : 71% resistance all (+157 flat)
    2) aura of radiant protection R3 in hybrid mode : 87 % resistance all (+34% for all team members)
    As i said in the other post, the first change you've made was better than this model you have change to not frustrate your hybrid players. Aorp is just better than one of the two better defensive passive powers now.
    The same power that a lot of people said to you in the other post, to scale others aura with this power because it was perfect as it were. Hum.

3) Support characters with aura of radiant protection R3 with always the same stats:
    a) before (live) : 70% resistance all (+40% for team members)
    b) now (pts) : + 56% resistance all (+60% for team members)
    So few differences with support powers and heals than a hybrid character have, when we know that hybrid characters have a better dps (a LOT better), a better suvival (HP/ passive) than a support character.
    If the game would be hard and would need a healer, why not, if players like play healer even if they nerf themself a lot to play this kind of characters.
    But since this game is the more easy of all mmos i have played, and far beyond the others, it have really no challenge and really don't need a real healer (if others team members create hybrid characters too and don't have two left hands), i don't see why take support role with so few advantages in support powers and so more nerf in resistance and damage. it's masochism.

Theses changes are just ridiculous.
    My support character become hybrid character as soon as this patch become live. Others people will don't see the difference and won't die, and i will be a lot more powerfull than in support role.
    Thanks Cryptic for this future up. (advice: delete the support role in the next patch too, we'll gain time)
    edited May 2012
    My thoughts on Power Armor so far.

Love the new powers, particularly Power Beam. Took me a little while to figure out that it's best used untargeted so you can adjust the firing arc rather than strafing, which is simply less amusing. That power is win.

Fire All Weapons still allows you to fire your other PA toggles, which is odd. If you're firing "all weapons" then you shouldn't have other stuff to toggle on. Perhaps up the damage/cost some but have it only usable on it's own.

The new energy builder, Power Bolts, is great and the game has needed an EB that looked like this for ages. It's everything Force Bolts aren't.

It's difficult to judge the efficacy of the set without a proper energy unlock. MSA does zilch for Power Armor now. I was running out of energy constantly, and it's just difficult to say where the set is energy-wise. If it's a good unlock that we get, it should be great, if it's poopy then we're right back where we were, just with some neat new powers added.

As predicted, trying to get stacks of Concentration with the current set-up is overly hard, and would result in people just taking Form of the Tempest and reveling in half the damage increase but none of the massive inconvenience. Ranks of Concentration do not seem to do anything currently. With R3 in I was unable to get more than a single stack at a time, after many many many attempts. I did not check to see if R2 is working, or if it's bugged as well.

Dr. Sage said the new Laser Sword is great, but I honestly can't tell what changed at all. The sword does vanish instantly after each swing, and then reappear again on the next swing, which could be good or bad. I'll leave it to people who actually intend to use the power to discuss whether they want to look like they are holding their Laser Sword for the duration of their melee, or if the disappearing-reappearing sword is preferable.
    edited May 2012
    Gaelyn wrote:
    Gratz Cryptic.

2) aura of radiant protection R3 in hybrid mode : 87 % resistance all (+34% for all team members)
    As i said in the other post, the first change you've made was better than this model you have change to not frustrate your hybrid players. Aorp is just better than one of the two better defensive passive powers now.
    The same power that a lot of people said to you in the other post, to scale others aura with this power because it was perfect as it were. Hum.

3) Support characters with aura of radiant protection R3 with always the same stats:
    So few differences with support powers and heals than a hybrid character have, when we know that hybrid characters have a better dps (a LOT better), a better suvival (HP/ passive) than a support character.
    If the game would be hard and would need a healer, why not, if players like play healer even if they nerf themself a lot to play this kind of characters.
    But since this game is the more easy of all mmos i have played, and far beyond the others, it have really no challenge and really don't need a real healer (if others team members create hybrid characters too and don't have two left hands), i don't see why take support role with so few advantages in support powers and so more nerf in resistance and damage. it's masochism.

Theses changes are just ridiculous.
    My support character become hybrid character as soon as this patch become live. Others people will don't see the difference and won't die, and i will be a lot more powerfull than in support role.
    Thanks Cryptic.

Invul applies it's damage resistance, and then applies it's flat mitigation, making it the premier defensive power for dealing with many, many small mobs.

This has always been the stated intent of this passive, since beta. It does exactly what it says it does. It has never been the best passive against spike damage, bosses, cosmics etc.

Working. As. Intended.
    edited May 2012
    Gaelyn wrote:
    Gratz Cryptic.

Invul still has its great flat damage absorption,it makes Invul better than Defiance in many situations.
    Gaelyn wrote:
    I agree on that part, AoRP didn't need a boost on the self portion. It is already good as it is on Live. On the other hand I don't have seen many Hybrids using AoRP. But still I agree with you, the self portion should remain the same as it is on live.
    edited May 2012
    Also, i wasn't going to say this but I decided it needs to be said.

I want AoRP to appeal to people who just want to be tough but have no intention of actually tanking.

AoRP gets them out of tank mode where they are doing inferior dps and not actually holding threat and gets them doing a bit more damage *and* giving a small buff to team survivability.

I'm thoroughly sick of fake tanks running Invul in tank stance in alerts who don't actually tank anything.

If they all respeced to AoRP it would be a godsend.

Meanwhile people who actually want to tank bosses will continue to do exactly that, running Defiance, LR, or Invul w/dodge in order to do so.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    No, I am saying making them both click offenses, like shadow shroud, intense and as aggressor soon will be. Giving them both their own special perks that compliment their set, in this case, boosting their dot damage.
    Agressor is an active offense now:
    Aggressor:
    -This power now grants all damage strength, as well as increasing your Strength and Constitution for a short time. This power also grants stacks of Enraged! based on its rank (this can trigger Endorphin Rush).
    -This power now counts as an active offense.

So it only works for 15s every minute, this won't help with the loss of the Enrage/Aggressor synergy. Even with Aggressor + Enrage, Might and Heavy wepons were behind MA and Focus in terms of dps. With Aggressor turned into an active offense the gap will be even greater. The only simple solution is to remove the -30% nerf on Enrage.
    Also, i wasn't going to say this but I decided it needs to be said.

I want AoRP to appeal to people who just want to be tough but have no intention of actually tanking.

AoRP gets them out of tank mode where they are doing inferior dps and not actually holding threat and gets them doing a bit more damage *and* giving a small buff to team survivability.

I'm thoroughly sick of fake tanks running Invul in tank stance in alerts who don't actually tank anything.

If they all respeced to AoRP it would be a godsend.

Meanwhile people who actually want to tank bosses will continue to do exactly that, running Defiance, LR, or Invul w/dodge in order to do so.
    Invul hybrids are not supposed to be actual Tanks able to manage aggro. Now if you are speaking of Invul toons using the Tank role who don't try to keep the aggro, I agree with you, that's annoying.
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    Agressor is an active offense now:

So it only works for 15s every minute, this won't help with the loss of the Enrage/Aggressor synergy. Even with Aggressor + Enrage, Might and Heavy wepons were behind MA and Focus in terms of dps. With Aggressor turned into an active offense the gap will be even greater. The only simple solution is to remove the -30% nerf on Enrage.
    That's good. Enrage + Aggressor was overpowered, no matter how people say it. Melee already has a higher base damage over ranged.
    Invul hybrids are not supposed to be actual Tanks able to manage aggro. Now if you are speaking of Invul toons using the Tank role who don't try to keep the aggro, I agree with you, that's annoying.

Bulwark would like a word with you.
    edited May 2012
    Might and heavy weapons were never broken, but now they are losing damage potential without reason. I will concede all this AoPM Enrage stuff may have brought this about. But I do not buy the need for such drastic and unreasonable cut to might.
    Never broken, sure. Unresistable knocks for over a mile away, huge DPS via tap-spamming (Skewer, Haymaker pre nerf, Uppercut), Passive that was scaling with single CON even after the stats-scaling change, so while boosting con you boost both your defence and health pool, first-day released Unstoppable, which was accidentally granting defence of Invulnerability, etc, etc.

DMG goes down ON EVERY melee min\maxed toon, not only your poor might. Focus on Live with 260 dex nets you a 16% dmg per stack, on PTS its 11% now and 5,5% to ranged.

Yes you loose 40% bonus dmg with 8 stacks, but hell again - ITS ADDITIVE.

I have 100%(base) + 30%+30%+30%(3 SS)+30%(250 offence)+128%(8*16% prenerf focus) so its = 358% base dmg.
    with nerfed focus its 318%. Its 15% of dmg at most.

And if you also count bonus dmg from STR (which I have at 10 points due to concept), dmg loss is even lower.

Melee do freaking huge dmg in PvE, lose of 10-15% wont make any real difference, but atleast will tone all things down, bringing ranged freeforms a bit up in PvE dmg terms. We were asking for ranged dmg toggle for a very long time, same with a solution to over-dominating Enrage and Focus builds.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    That's good. Enrage + Aggressor was overpowered, no matter how people say it. Melee already has a higher base damage over ranged.
    How often have you seen a Might/Heavy Weapon DPS outdamage a Dragon Claw or Dragon Wrath MA DPS? It only happens when the MA guy is a bad player or has a crappy gear. How it is overpowered if it is INFERIOR to Martial Arts with Focus Forms? :rolleyes:

Why people can't see a bit further than "2 powers VS 1 that's unfair" ?

-30% on Enrage and Focus is a nerf. Removing the Aggressor / Enrage synergy is a second nerf. One is enough. That's 2 nerfs for builds that were INFERIOR to MA + FOCUS. Sorry but that's not justifed. Removing the Aggressor / Enrage is enough. No need to cut down Enrage by 30% on top of that.
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    How often have you seen a Might/Heavy Werapon DPS outdamage a Dragon Claw or Dragon Wrath MA DPS? How it is overpowered if it is INFERIOR to Martial Arts with Focus Forms? :rolleyes:

Why people can't see a bit further than "2 powers VS 1 that's unfair" ?

Because dragon claw gets an inherent +50% added to crit severity when it crits, and dragon's wrath ignores defense. Poor examples. If you are talking equal IE both are fully resisted and no special bonuses, both in their offensive builds, MA will get outstripped by aggressor + enrage quickly.

The fact some people actually look at things as they actually are.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Because dragon claw gets an inherent +50% added to crit severity when it crits, and dragon's wrath ignores defense. Poor examples. If you are talking equal IE both are fully resisted and no special bonuses, both in their offensive builds, MA will get outstripped by aggressor + enrage quickly.

The fact some people actually look at things as they actually are.
    How is that a poor exemple? Single Blades and Unarmed also outdamage Might. I prove you that with MA and Focus you deal more damage than Might Enrage + Aggressor and that's a poor exemple? You're just proving that MA never needed something like Aggressor. The higher critical with MA does more than compensating the absence of a synergy between Focus and Aggressor.
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    How is that a poor exemple? I prove you that with MA and Focus you deal more damage than Might Enrage + Aggressor and that's a poor exemple?

That isn't exactly proof on your part. Those are two powers with special effects, while brick powers have knock damage boosters in effect, which you clearly forgot. And on that point against enemies that have no resistance, dragon's wrath won't be much of an improvement in the end. Dragon's Claw requires a crit to be better, and while uber charging your crit rate helps, that doesn't change the fact that a brick player can also take dex as well and up their own crit severity.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    That isn't exactly proof on your part. Those are two powers with special effects, while brick powers have knock damage boosters in effect, which you clearly forgot. And on that point against enemies that have no resistance, dragon's wrath won't be much of an improvement in the end. Dragon's Claw requires a crit to be better, and while uber charging your crit rate helps, that doesn't change the fact that a brick player can also take dex as well and up their own crit severity.
    Bricks builds being outdamaged by MA builds is a good enough proof to show that Aggressor was not overpowered. You are still reasoning "2 buffs VS 1 buff" and it is not accurate because you don't take in account the critical rate. If we remove the -30% nerf on Enrage MA builds with Focus will still out damage the Brick builds it will only reduce the gap that the loss of Aggressor created, tell me why it is still wrong.

Brick was behind MA, and yet with the new update Brick is losing more than MA. That doesn't do it for me. The end of the Agressor/Enrage synergy is enough for nerfing Brick toons, no need to add another nerf on Enrage on top of that.
    edited May 2012
    Gaelyn wrote:
    Gratz Cryptic.

Wrong.

That +Flat damage reduction does a LOT more than you think it does as it's at the very absolute end of the damage number.

Plus you're forgetting in normal Defense value via items, Dodging, or any of the other defense numbers.

Go get somebody to smack you hard. Heck - go get shot at by the laser. You'll take less damage with Invul every single time.
    edited May 2012
    wtb challenging strikes on some of these abilities possibly maybe please with sugar on top :3?

Especially fire all weapons dear lord i would love to have it on that.

One thing i am curious about some of the new abilities for power armor is that none of them have unique advantages, they are just raw damage. Is there plans to add stuff to them to give them some more flavor?
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    Bricks builds being outdamaged by MA builds is a good enough proof to show that Aggressor was not overpowered. You are still reasoning "2 buffs VS 1 buff" and it is not accurate because you don't take in account the critical rate. If we remove the -30% nerf on Enrage MA builds with Focus will still out damage the Brick builds it will only reduce the gap that the loss of Aggressor created, tell me why it is still wrong.

Brick was behind MA, and yet with the new update Brick is losing more than MA. That doesn't do it for me. The end of the Agressor/Enrage synergy is enough for nerfing Brick toons, no need to add another nerf on Enrage on top of that.

It's not really proof of anything. I am sorry. You are trying to put the cart before the horse in your logic, forgetting some basics, and also disregarding other facts. Considering old enrage per stack built up higher than before, again, your logic is fowled and following an extreme logic of one build isn't using the tools that the other is.
    edited May 2012
    wtb challenging strikes on some of these abilities possibly maybe please with sugar on top :3?

Especially fire all weapons dear lord i would love to have it on that.

One thing i am curious about some of the new abilities for power armor is that none of them have unique advantages, they are just raw damage. Is there plans to add stuff to them to give them some more flavor?

Advantages are coming down the pipeline, but not in yet.
    edited May 2012
    No offense but for all the people who say "don't ruin that power.. I use it" .. None of you use aura of Clarity. I do (did).

If I wanted my character to be a healer I would have chosen a heal passive.

There's more to support than healing.. I LIKED being a support toon that didn't heal, damage, or soak

I support giving XX energy every X seconds
    Giving the power a self aggression (not perception) stealth buff (like absolve)
    Give it a perception buff to self/team
    Give it a + critical chance to team buff

Do NOT make it heal
    edited May 2012
    Thought:

Could the new PA energy builder have an alternative Melee Mode, a la Wield Earth? This would allow it some useful synergy with Energy Shield's Laser Knight for tanking purposes. While Laser Knight only works during melee attacks, most bosses close in to melee range whether your a ranged or melee tank.
    edited May 2012
    Does the Compassion toggle effect Healing-over-Time powers and such?
    edited May 2012
    Enrage:
    -Enrage is now a toggled form. Toggling on Enrage allows you to build more than 1 stack of Enraged! at a time. This power counts as a Form.
    -Enrage now grants a stack when you attempt to knock a foe.
    -This power now affects Melee damage for its full amount, and ranged damage for half that amount.
    -Effectiveness reduced by 30%
    -Advantage: Endorphin Rush: This advantage has returned, and now triggers whenever you gain a stack of Enraged!.
    My build just got spared. *tears of joy*
    Thank you, thank you!
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    It's not really proof of anything. I am sorry. You are trying to put the cart before the horse in your logic, forgetting some basics, and also disregarding other facts. Considering old enrage per stack built up higher than before, again, your logic is fowled and following an extreme logic of one build isn't using the tools that the other is.
    What is so hard to understand when everybody knows that MA toons are better DPS than Brick toons? Are you questionning a fact that every experienced player is aware of? You are the one refusing to take in account all the involved aspects, critical rate being the most obvious of them all. Even with the so called OP Aggressor + Enrage combo they don't dish out as much dps. Even if you replace Dragon Wrath by Burning Chi fist MA is still ahead thanks to the critical rate factor, and The Bade outdamages the Devastator any time. Saying that DW and DC are good powers is a poor excuse and only proves once more that MA>Brick. So it isn't even helping to prove your point, do you want DC and DW to be nerfed?
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    What is so hard to understand when everybody knows that MA toons are better DPS than Brick toons? Are you questionning a fact that every experienced player is aware of? You are the one refusing to take in account all the involved aspects, critical rate being the most obvious of them all. Even with the so called OP Aggressor + Enrage combo they don't dish out as much dps. Even if you replace Dragon Wrath by Burning Chi fist MA is still ahead thanks to the critical rate factor. Saying that DW and DC are good powers is a poor excuse and only proves one thing: MA>Brick. So it isn't even helping to prove your point, do you want DC and DW to be nerfed?

My heavy weapons toon would like a word: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540675268846761764/A920794D93061EEFB3EF9B8A0D6AD441BA132776/

I out aggro basically everything I've been stuck in alerts with on that build when fighting the boss, from tanks to MA toons, to enrage epidemic users.
    Just because you choose to use inferior stats and toggles, does not mean the powers are inferior, it means your build is inferior. You can crit just as much with might or hw, or earth powers as any other sets.

Oh also, Concentration is not granting multiple stacks after being ranked, nor is charging up powers building stacks**EDIT**(this seems to be only on Sniper rifle), only fully maintaining currently does.
    edited May 2012
    My heavy weapons toon would like a word: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540675268846761764/A920794D93061EEFB3EF9B8A0D6AD441BA132776/

I out aggro basically everything I've been stuck in alerts with on that build when fighting the boss, from tanks to MA toons, to enrage epidemic users.
    Just because you choose to use inferior stats and toggles, does not mean the powers are inferior, it means your build is inferior. You can crit just as much with might or hw, or earth powers as any other sets.
    I want to witness that because I've never been outdamaged by a Heavy weapon toon using enrage and aggressor. And no you don't crit as often when your primary stat is STR and not DEX. And don't bring the gear or specialization on the table,it also works with a DEX toon.

And your 11K annihilate is far from the 15Ks and 17Ks I've seen with Dragon claw and Dragon Wrath on MA Focus toons. And not forgetting that annihilate has a longer charging time.
    edited May 2012
    SOOO I have a couple of questions here considering the changes so let's start:

1. What about retcons?:eek: You said yourself that those are major changes so?

2. Can we get some fix for Concussor Beam (firing while target is out of range)

3. Can we get Chest Beam to be 100ft and be a bit more Ultimate or alternatively give PA a T4 that is an upgraded form of Chest Beam with a cooldown (would be nice and would fit the CB being an ultimate atk more than it's current implementation; just some food for thought :cool:)

4. Can you make Targeting Computer a Toggle (the Lock-On animation is awesome and would fit perfectly with PA, alternatively give this animation to the PA energy unlock as well to allow for more versatility in the choice of the Form. Basically you can chose whatever Form you want and you can still get the nice Lock-On animation without having to take the PA Form; could also be an adv for the energy unlock.

5. Again just because :P please look into CB's range (50ft is quite short for a ranged spike power in a ranged set :p) and give it more umph (in terms of animation) or as I mentioned make a new T4 Chest Beam like power that has more umph in both dmg and animation (would be really sweet if it would not need to be targeted)

6. How about some Shoulder based Laser/Beam powers, you know Predator style.

7. How about Dual Miniguns/Shoulder Launchers ? (have one on both shoulder just for the awesomeness)

8. Weird question but due to the changes to Enrage how exactly am I supposed to be able to simulate Super Strength now with PA since STR is now effectively Melee domain? :confused: I could take Str but none of the PA forms nor powers scale of it so I'd be gimping myself A LOT. This is one of the things I'm NOT COOL with since it breaks my concept. I'm fine with power adjustments but now i'm kinda stuck on how to simulate Super Strength without effectively taking STR just for the hell of it. The only alternative would be to take STR with Enrage but since it stacks on knocks that's.... I still need to test this and see if I can find a workaround but for now I don't see a viable alternative.

More points to come......
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    No offense but for all the people who say "don't ruin that power.. I use it" .. None of you use aura of Clarity. I do (did).

If I wanted my character to be a healer I would have chosen a heal passive.

There's more to support than healing.. I LIKED being a support toon that didn't heal, damage, or soak

I support giving XX energy every X seconds
    Giving the power a self aggression (not perception) stealth buff (like absolve)
    Give it a perception buff to self/team
    Give it a + critical chance to team buff

Do NOT make it heal

But you ragequit.

Doesn't mean you don't get to express your opinion, but I do think it eliminates any extra weight your opinion carried by virtue of having played AoAC in the past.

P.S.

I still <3 you.
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    I want to witness that because I've never been outdamaged by a Heavy weapon toon using enrage and aggressor. And no you don't crit as often when your primary stat is STR and not DEX. And don't bring the gear or specialization on the table,it also works with a DEX toon.

And your 11K annihilate is far from the 15Ks and 17Ks I've seen with Dragon claw and Dragon Wrath on MA Focus toons.

You didn't read a word of my post.

But hey, here, just to make your stuff seem even more inferior:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540675087146063294/BFECC5C6EF2D6B36D78EAE40572229C69489BA0E/
    edited May 2012
    You didn't read a word of my post.

But hey, here, just to make your stuff seem even more inferior:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540675087146063294/BFECC5C6EF2D6B36D78EAE40572229C69489BA0E/
    Sorry I missed the fact that you were using Wotw and Focus with your HW toon, I'm so used to Enrage ones... My bad.

But it also means that you are pumping up DEX and not STR, just like any other Focus build, in opposition to STR+CON for Enrage + Aggressor. So you get more crits than the regular Enrage Heavy weapon Build. So my point still stands: Focus totally competes with Enrage and Aggressor, even if you use Focus with the Heavy Weapon tree. Removing Aggressor is a double penalty since Enarge is also nerfed by 30%.

I don't see the point of your second screenshot, it is a ranged toon and every body knows that TK Lance is extremly powerful.
    edited May 2012
    But you ragequit.

Doesn't mean you don't get to express your opinion, but I do think it eliminates any extra weight your opinion carried by virtue of having played AoAC in the past.

P.S.

I still <3 you.

I miss you! You know I love you..

But quit or not I still have a character in this game's servers and u don't want her pooped on.

.. Every single power in this game associated with support does not need to heal.

Utility mechanics are better and under supported.. Frankly the reason medical nannies is never used its because it is redundant. Healing sucks.. Everyone heals themselves.

Do.. Not.. Want

P.S. - You should have not left me to my own devices. School sucks.. Never go back.. Make then fix my gal and she may see you in game.

-P's
    edited May 2012
    Vylma wrote:
    Sorry I missed the fact that you were using Wotw and Focus with your HW toon, I'm so used to Enrage ones... My bad.

But it also means that you are pumping up DEX and not STR, just like any Focus build, in opposition with STR+CON for Enrage + Aggressor. So you get more crits than the regular Enrage Heavy weapon Build. So my point still stands: Focus and a high critical rate totally competes with Enrage and Aggressor. Removing Aggressor is a double penalty since Enarge is also nerfed by 30%.

I don't see the point of you second screeshot, it is a ranged toon and every body knows that TK Lance is extremly powerful.

Right, but it's just using mental disc, which is one of those "crappy toggles that isn't focus or enrage" that everyone seems to think somehow makes it inferior to other things.

What i'm trying to say is, if you want your might toon to be a heavily offensive damage dealer, you simply don't use enrage+aggressor, that combo is for people using defiance. You use Wotw+focus just like MA, and you super dex, just like MA, except you use your brick set powers, it literally makes no difference "Conceptually" besides the fact that focus has that glow aura thing. (Which i personally like, I used to be a DBZ fan, so shoot me.)
    edited May 2012
    Something that is bugging me about the new PA powers

Why are all of them 50 ft range? In comparison to the past ones which are all at 100 ft?

Just something that struck me as odd when testing.
    edited May 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    I miss you! You know I love you..

But quit or not I still have a character in this game's servers and u don't want her pooped on.

.. Every single power in this game associated with support does not need to heal.

Utility mechanics are better and under supported.. Frankly the reason medical nannies is never used its because it is redundant. Healing sucks.. Everyone heals themselves.

Do.. Not.. Want

Some of the numbers people are coming up with from Manipulator on test are pretty crazy, you might be impressed by it, just sayin!
    edited May 2012
    What i'm trying to say is, if you want your might toon to be a heavily offensive damage dealer, you simply don't use enrage+aggressor, that combo is for people using defiance. You use Wotw+focus just like MA, and you super dex, just like MA, except you use your brick set powers, it literally makes no difference "Conceptually" besides the fact that focus has that glow aura thing. (Which i personally like, I used to be a DBZ fan, so shoot me.)
    If you are telling me that in order to get the best of the Brick tree you must get rid of STR and Enrage and take DEX and Focus it only shows that there is a problem.

Brick with Enrage + Aggressor is not as good as Focus (because of STR vs DEX) and it should get even worse? Removing the 30% nerf on Enrage won't make it better than Focus, it will still be behind, but at least the gap won't get bigger. What's wrong with that?
    edited May 2012
    I notice that, with forms for all sorts of builds, there isn't one anywhere in that AT's powerlist. Are there any plans to tweak the ATs to add in form powers, since it seems like the prupose of them is to make a choice of form a base part of every build?

If not, this seems like a nasty oversight that would make the power gap between ATs and freeform characters that much wider.

SInce the huge range of character power levels makes it hard to balance PVE content as it is, making it that much larger seems like a mistake that I would very much like to see avoided.
    edited May 2012
    Geothermal wrote:
    I notice that, with forms for all sorts of builds, there isn't one anywhere in that AT's powerlist. Are there any plans to tweak the ATs to add in form powers, since it seems like the prupose of them is to make a choice of form a base part of every build?

If not, this seems like a nasty oversight that would make the power gap between ATs and freeform characters that much wider.

SInce the huge range of character power levels makes it hard to balance PVE content as it is, making it that much larger seems like a mistake that I would very much like to see avoided.
    The Behemoth and The Devastator could only stack Enrage via powers like Roomsweeper, they didn't have direct access to the Enrage power. I guess we should let them being able to do it the way they did before, because with aggressor becoming an active offense they won't have anything left for increasing their damage. But Inferno, Tempest etc.. not being able to use Concentration may be a huge disadventage indeed, unless you allow them to build stacks with specific powers just like the Behemoth and the Devastator do with Enrage.

On the other hand ATs deal higher damage than FFs thanks to lesser diminishing returns, with the same build and the same gear you'll deal 20% more damage with an AT.
    edited May 2012
    Just to point out in the arguement over HW vs MA...hey, since when does Dragons Wrath hit 15k? I mean, oh man give me that build O_O...Seriously I've never gone over tipping 12k even with all my self buffs and enemy debuffs active, oh, and Annhilate knocks a large distance too...doesn't it?