What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming player power changes.

191011121315»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Sure, there's an alternate solution - which would be to let the function of auras change based on how many people it's affecting at the time. Not sure if that would be possible with current game engine.
    Not sure if it's even related, but Minigun's damage used to change depending on how many enemies it hit.
    edited May 2012
    Not sure if it's even related, but Minigun's damage used to change depending on how many enemies it hit.

Yes, I was thinking of that - also arcane vitality that heals based on how many targets it hits, and energy wave advantage that shields based on number of targets hit. There's also enrage builders that change function based on how many targets they hit (build enrage when they hit multiple targets) and so forth - so I think it should be possible. But I'm not sure if passives work somehow differently.
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

Not sure if this particular point has been mentioned, but running certain passive support powers can be tricky. Thanks to a lot of great veteran players sharing their build ideas, I have run many types of support characters in the game.

I love playing support, it's my favorite role. I know quite a few of you out there hate pet masters, but I really enjoy playing these and it's one of the primary reasons I play them in the support role with these passives that have been much discussed in this thread.

My characters run a mix of AoPM, AoRP, as well as Medical Nanites on a couple. Mind you all these support characters run in Support role, not hybrid. They already get a big hit to the damage they can do, so the pet builds rely on the pets to do most of the damage and try to hold the aggro when leveling.

I can see the need for some changes in the protection the player is getting if he's running solo. but when you are running solo with a team of pets, you need just as much protection from the passives as the team (pets or other team members on Alerts).

My experience currently on Live when running a Pet team, or as a member of the team running in Support mode, is healing others gets you a lot of attention from the bad guys. I have a Gadgeteering centric toon with multiple pets running in the Support role with Medical Nanites, and let me tell you I have experienced some of the hardest Alerts with this character.

Even running it in Support for a diminished threat generation was of no help. On a team with 4 others including brawlers and Ranged DPS roles, I had to spend the entire Alert blocking as every villain in the Alerts would run past all the other characters, including the pets and beat on me, even with them having to come back and help protect me constantly they could not pull the aggro from off me.

I believe that playing in Support role you should get just as much protection from your passives as your teammates and also please do something about how much aggro you pull because you are using Medical Nanites, I get a lot less aggro running AoPM or AoRP even with the currently non-nerfed Sentinel Aura healing for more than Medical Nanites can currently do on Live.