What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.26.20120326a.3

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    By the way, good looks on combining defense, utility, and offense cores into a single core with all three stats on them, modified by which thing you slot it in. Haven't seen any Enhancement or Armoring cores, so I wonder if you've done something with them as well?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug: Until Recognition disapeared from "Currency window"
    May be because we still have Untill tokens aound XD?

Bug: Quiljinbo...Qilb.. balh... Gian Monkey on Monster Island seems to have "normal" loot table. After fight all we got was one GREEN item.

Also, I am the only one who miss times when we were able to stack Focus with crits from self heal?
    Since I dont see any messages about that. Cmon devs, make it back, since you already put some crits-healing masteries in specc trees. Dont ruin that combo. (Keeping in mind, that it still stacks focus if you heal others (even at 100% HP))
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So any idea when drops are going to be fixed? Most resistance bosses aren't dropping any items, as well as 90% of the supervillains I've encountered in Lemuria. Also, purple Items are worse than green still.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I went ahead and bought 100 mod grab bags with my 1,000 UNTIL tokens.
    Here's the results: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541797266043213561/F4D49B0E971E3AF628E463DD8DC510CB22B73944/

So i got a total of 11 fusion attempts after spending about, what, two month's worth of tokens on mods? (Going by the current drop rates on them which is abysmal compared to when i had actually farmed the the tokens to begin with.)

I got about 15 tokens from a full serpent lantern run, and two actual mods, just for an idea.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I went ahead and bought 100 mod grab bags with my 1,000 UNTIL tokens.
    Here's the results: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541797266043213561/F4D49B0E971E3AF628E463DD8DC510CB22B73944/

So i got a total of 11 fusion attempts after spending about, what, two month's worth of tokens on mods? (Going by the current drop rates on them which is abysmal compared to when i had actually farmed the the tokens to begin with.)

I got about 15 tokens from a full serpent lantern run, and two actual mods, just for an idea.

Do resistance and the part in the sewer where they keep coming before you plant the explosives is awesome for farming until tokens. I got about 35 in an hour, as well as a lot of mods and some rare secondaries
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wanted to mention i rly like the new UI
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    -Brings tent to the apocalyptic chop shop-
    Yay! Camping!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    By the way, good looks on combining defense, utility, and offense cores into a single core with all three stats on them, modified by which thing you slot it in. Haven't seen any Enhancement or Armoring cores, so I wonder if you've done something with them as well?

I seem to get about 6 armoring for each 1 enchantment, but they are both just stat increase items. The def/util/off cores are really cool, but may be a bit too powerful. Makes farming way more beneficial since you can have a 100% dodge rating with one rare item with a high level core in it and parry with an average dex rating.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    So do the alert dailies instead? Cryptic might add more ways to get questionite later as well.

Also, resources can be used to pull slotted mods out of gear. Not to mention the totally amazing number of mods it takes to make the rank 9 mods you'll likely be using the AH quite a bit.

Oh please.

No one in thier right mind will trade mods on the AH.

The AH is a embarrassment in terms of UI and useability.
    I suggest to everyone to trade mods via direct trades of Cryptic Points and Questionite.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way and maybe it's because I had a super shiny toy that's been taken away and replaced with something from the bargain bin but...

Repurpose. Before this patch it was amazing, most likely too good. In Hybrid role stacking 180 offense from items on top of 437 PRE, 156 DEX and 135 CON my Conviction would heal for roughly 3504. Exact same stats, gear, spec now yields a 2543 heal. That's not much better than on live.

Now that we live in the land of enraged crit builds I had thought (or maybe convinced myself) that Repurpose was more or less balanced because of the much higher damage potential.

It would have been nice if it was at least in the patch notes.

EDIT: Oh, at least this makes +healing gear more valuable. Pity NOTHING synergizes with it in the spec trees.

What is the Pre mastery? I am guessing it is pretty terrible, because lets face it. Most of them are pretty terrible.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The_Last wrote:
    What is the Pre mastery? I am guessing it is pretty terrible, because lets face it. Most of them are pretty terrible.

a tiny shield to target of your heal
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    a tiny shield to target of your heal

How tiny and does it work on yourself? Do heals from attacks such as Life Drain and Devour Essence also proc it?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    kidbs wrote:
    How tiny and does it work on yourself? Do heals from attacks such as Life Drain and Devour Essence also proc it?

Not in game (at work) but maybe 10% (20?) of the heal amount.. did appear to work on self in laser testing. As for LD and DE did not test
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If Questionite is really untradeable by any means other than selling them for CPs, I REALLY hope that the Dev's would consider making it account-wide at least. CO has ALWAYS encouraged alting and been a very alt-friendly game. But now that Questionite is being brough into the system, I wonder if that will be the case anymore unless there's a means to share the burden of farming between characters.
    this^
    I should be able to play what ever toon i want and still feel like im making progress. I'm not even big on altitis (i only play 2-3 toons). Further more, i imagine that people who have many mature (35-40) alts are not going to want to be locked into one toon on the long road to restocking and re-gearing.
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Could you perhaps consider adding 'give mods', 'give questionite' and 'give tokens' options for the debugger? I think that might give a more realistic opportunity to test vendors and their products, than to try and grind out five months worth of stuff on disposable characters, overnight.
    This too^
    Unlike you devs, we are not getting paid for all of this. Working on this patch has surly been very demanding on you but it has also been demanding on the players that are working to test it as well. I think any thing you con do to make testing less of a headache should be done. Further more, i think players like SanguineViper, Falchoin and others who have done the thankless task of spending hours Farming for drops that they cant keep in PTS and posting the results on the forums deserve something. I think some of the more hard core testers who farm and post numbers deserve some launch day Questionite or at least an Action Figure.:cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Could you perhaps consider adding 'give mods', 'give questionite' and 'give tokens' options for the debugger? I think that might give a more realistic opportunity to test vendors and their products, than to try and grind out five months worth of stuff on disposable characters, overnight.

Why in all that is milkshake prison has this not even been done yet when you want us to test the new shops?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Is the Test server even up right now? I try to log in and it keeps saying its been under maintenance.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    PTS went down this morning again, and is still closed for maintenance, what's up? I was about to go off and sit in the sewer in resistance for a few hours killing angry robots to try to get a decent set of new mods to poke around with fusing more. : /
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TQS wrote:
    Is the Test server even up right now? I try to log in and it keeps saying its been under maintenance.

Couple of hours ago logging in was just timing out, it's been under maintenance since then.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    they also wanted the drop rates tested:{ the drop rates are still unacceptable for a game that has been based on alting the past 3 years this entire update sounds great on paper but so much of it just fails in application:{
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zellgarith wrote:
    they also wanted the drop rates tested:{ the drop rates are still unacceptable for a game that has been based on alting the past 3 years this entire update sounds great on paper but so much of it just fails in application:{

To be fair, their paying customer base has changed from subscribers to people with a few microtransaction payers who do not subscribe and thus have fewer character slots. It sucks that they think of silver players first in many ways, but makes economic sense.

All the "benefits" you get from a gold account are systems that aren't really being maintained and updated. If/when non-subscribers can get freeform builds and color customization.. the transition will be complete.

i see that it makes more fast money, but they are kind of hemorrhaging any of their long-staying accounts for these short term gains..

This game really needs to attract role-players and pvpers (players who are generally dedicated to their characters and loyal to their social base).. these are demographic of MMO money spenders. Casual gamers are a great life-line but unless they convert to a more than casual player you're not likely to get much $ out of them without trickery. I think this is what alot of people are reacting to and it's having the opposite of desired effect.

i have months left on my sub.. gonna let the dust settle. My SG has always been good at pooling high end loot and gear .. so we'll see what happens. i do not want to restart the game from scratch, but in many ways it could be refreshing.. As long as it brings in new, returning, dedicated mmorpgamers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So where are the questinite vendors located?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Tried any of the old crafting buildings?
    In Arms one.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FlyingFinn wrote:
    Tried any of the old crafting buildings?
    In Arms one.

Ahh, I had not looked in that one...just the science and magic ones. Thank you.

Now if only I could get in as it still seems to be locked for maintenance.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zellgarith wrote:
    they also wanted the drop rates tested

That may be the case, but it is HIGHLY unrealistic that we test all the new vendors purely out of currency we have "earned" through pure grinding on the PTS, where "earning" stuff doesn't matter. Especially given the drop rates...
    Zellgarith wrote:
    :{ the drop rates are still unacceptable for a game that has been based on alting the past 3 years this entire update sounds great on paper but so much of it just fails in application:{

...which appear to be setup for months of grind in some cases (particularly for Questionite items) in order to gain the necessary amount of currency to purchase a single item. (And I'm inclined to agree that the droprate/cost ratio for Questionite items in particular seems to be so high as to be discouraging, even if you have months and months of play time available on Live)

We NEED some way to get "free" questionite and tokens if they want us to test the vendors properly. Because its just not going to happen through pure grind in the amount of time we have (and even if we had months to test this not many people would be willing to subject themselves to that much grind when the objective is to test the vendors).
    Jaybezz wrote:
    This game really needs to attract role-players and pvpers (players who are generally dedicated to their characters and loyal to their social base).. these are demographic of MMO money spenders.

This is something I've said before (a long time ago), based on my experiences with NWN1 (the game I played for the longest time before I eventually found my way to CoX and later CO). During my last days in NWN1, when the population had been dying out for a while and a lot of players had moved on to other games, the most active servers that remained used to focus on RP, PvP, or both. This is (I believe) because those are the two kinds of players most likely to stay in a game for the long run and keep playing over and over again the same game. Casual players? They tend to go from game to game as new games hit the market and they tire of the old thing. MMOs, which rely on people playing the same game continuously, shouldn't rely on casual players to the exclusion of RP'ers and PvP'ers (as I believe has been the case with CO).

That being said, I'm not sure how any of these changes are particularly geared toward either of those types of players. Except maybe the costume pieces for the RP'ers, but those apparently require a lot of grind to get, particularly the Questionite ones. So I'm not sure RP'ers would even bother with them. And maybe Spec trees for PvP'ers. But I'm not sure about those either.

I'm also not sure RP'ers or PvP'ers necessarily spend more than casual players. Though, they do tend to stick around games they like, so they at least help maintain the game's longevity.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    During my last days in NWN1, when the population had been dying out for a while and a lot of players had moved on to other games, the most active servers that remained used to focus on RP, PvP, or both.

Those are the players that provide their own content.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Am I the only one that has the "This server is currently under maintenance" message still popping up? Tried running as admin, no dice...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Am I the only one that has the "This server is currently under maintenance" message still popping up? Tried running as admin, no dice...
    No!.........
  • Options
    edited March 2012

better?...
    they're not late by much, so far...
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I would like to hear a word form the devs on the PTS Server being down.

Things are already behind schedule and the devs apparently expecting people to be doing tons of time consuming grinding to test. Do we really have time for this kind of outage?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I would like to hear a word form the devs on the PTS Server being down.

Things are already behind schedule and the devs apparently expecting people to be doing tons of time consuming grinding to test. Do we really have time for this kind of outage?

I'm pretty sure they didn't plan around this, and there was probably something breaking the code they want to use and they've likely spend all last night (up till 11pm their time) and all this day trying to fix it. It will takes a long as it takes to fix it. Better this happens here on PTS then live.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Still down, no word.

Day off officially wasted, thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Still down, no word.

Day off officially wasted, thanks.

PTS may be down, but not the live servers, go play there.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    They put the code for the April Fool's Day event on PTS and it crashed.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ccelizic wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they didn't plan around this, and there was probably something breaking the code they want to use and they've likely spend all last night (up till 11pm their time) and all this day trying to fix it. It will takes a long as it takes to fix it. Better this happens here on PTS then live.

Actually the server was up with the patch last night. If it crashed it went down in the wee hours of the morning. Hence my feedback on the new tutorial and the modification tutorial.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    PTS may be down, but not the live servers, go play there.

Thank you for telling me how I wanted to spend my day, that was so helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Thank you for telling me how I wanted to spend my day, that was so helpful.

Thank you for being sarcastic when all I was doing was trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you for being sarcastic when all I was doing was trying to be helpful.

No one wants to hear an opinionated solution to a problem when they are venting.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    *catches breath

Hey guys. Our engineers have been working on the cause of the server crash, and have submitted a fix.
    We will test the new build, and try to push it ASAP.

Sorry for the downtime....
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Macey wrote:
    No one wants to hear an opinionated solution to a problem when they are venting.

How is "Live servers still up, go play there" an opinionated solution? The live servers where indeed up and well. It was a good idea. Just because you do not want to accept help doesn't make the help any less helpful. No need to bite the hand of someone trying to help you.

Seriously, guy was venting, I gave an option, and than I get bit for it? No need to be an **** to those that try to help.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    *catches breath

Hey guys. Our engineers have been working on the cause of the server crash, and have submitted a fix.
    We will test the new build, and try to push it ASAP.

Sorry for the downtime....

Sweet, 3 builds in one week.
    Thanks for the heads up Nis.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    New patch is up (.4)!! However, the server isn't.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    just tried to re enter, got a new 117MB patch, and server still down >_<
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Actually the server was up with the patch last night. If it crashed it went down in the wee hours of the morning. Hence my feedback on the new tutorial and the modification tutorial.
    That explains a lot, I figured It just went down for new patch and never went up.

Well, as I said before, better here then on Live.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    server's finally back YAY!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Some thoughts.

I like the fact that Alert windows show how many are currently in queue. However, when you DO queue, that number goes away. I'd like to still be able to see it as I'm waiting! Perhaps move it into the lower right corner of the box with the image?

The [...] seems to have disappeared from the Alert icons, as well - those were nice as a visual indication of the fact you were queued up. Now there's no at-a-glance indicator - you have to hover over the icons to see if you're queued or not.

Bag UI is much better, thank you. I'd prefer the side-tabs on the RIGHT-hand side, as I line my bags up neatly along the left. Personal preference, but it would be nice if we at least had the option of switching that. (Speaking of bags, I really wish we had the ability to bind a button to open ALL the bags - it would be much more convenient than having to click all the secondary bags open.)

I like the fact that there's now much better control available for zooming on the minimap - I just wish zooming via mouse scrolling had more levels of zoom available. It seems there's a huge jump between all-the-way-in and the next mouse-scroll level of zooming out.

I see the R&D button is still in the [C] menu (from the minimap buttons) - I'd REALLY like to see that menu cleaned up a bit (there's a lot of redundancy with Social doing the same as the Friends button, etc), and I'd REALLY like to see a Tutorials menu item. Now that we can fuse/modify anywhere (as well as manage powers), it makes sense to be able to view tutorials outside of the one location at the powerhouse.

Edit to add:

It's very disappointing when an alert is finally ready, and then one queued person declines to join. It might just be the low population of the test server, but I do wonder if there's going to be anything in place to help prevent this in Live?

Also, I love the look of the Alert windows, especially the little menu that pops up when an alert is ready. Props to the art folks - you did a great job on those.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    How do you get the mod tutorial?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    BUG Aftershock Part 2, Color matching game is not responding correctly

The Color matching game is not responding correctly. The light sequences are starting to either get overly long and pushing the actual buttons results in zero actual response or feedback, resulting in the same button needing to be pushed multiple times before a response occurs.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    How do you get the mod tutorial?

Far as I know, the only way to get it is to level from 14 to 15, which is inconvenient, to say the least.

I'm in favor of having a Tutorials item in the [C] minimap button menu, where you can access all the tutorials anywhere, though I don't mind it automatically playing at level 15. I just want it available to everyone if they know to look, y'know?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Brainstem wrote:
    Far as I know, the only way to get it is to level from 14 to 15, which is inconvenient, to say the least.

I'm in favor of having a Tutorials item in the [C] minimap button menu, where you can access all the tutorials anywhere, though I don't mind it automatically playing at level 15. I just want it available to everyone if they know to look, y'know?

Science building where the quest leads you.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Looks like PTS is up and running again.

I've updated the current build with a few additional fixed and updates.
    The following notes were added to my original update post in green.

Alerts:
    • Alerts:Fixed a bug that would cause both versions of the Dockside Fight to run simultaneously, so you could win one and fail the other
    • Adjusted Draconis' difficulty

UI
    • Added a new option in the mini-map settings: "Never show mini-map buttons
    • Moved the zoom in/zoom out buttons to the bottom-center of the mini-map. they are now affected by the mini-map buttons settings.
    • Moved the Champions main menu button to the upper-left corner of the mini-map. It is no longer affected by the mini-map buttons settings.
    • Moved the mini-map settings button to the lower-right corner of the mini-map.

Sorry for the hiccup, and thank you(again) for your participation!