test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questionite

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
so I know a little about this, I know what Champs universe 5th edition says about it, I know gadgets and gear shows it being used to subsitute for adamntine in regards to "the wolverine bone treatment" I'm just wondering if there is any more information out there about it, as I'm running a paper and pen game soon and might have the players trying to track down the dangerous viper weapons project "Weapon V" :)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The info about questionite and other "uncanny metals" from Champions Universe 5E is virtually identical to that contained in CU 6E, and there isn't much in any game books beyond that. The only additional bit is the metal's appeaarance. The villain Scimitar (Champions Villains Vol. 3) carries a questionite sword, described as "glittering silver-blue." According to our forum colleague Silverspar, questionite in Champions Online is a sky-blue color, so fairly consistent between the two halves of the setting.
    edited September 2011
    Well, for those who were curious, this is what Questionite looks like in your backpack;

Attachment not found.

And of course, since it was asked before, Neutronium is here;

Attachment not found.

Hope that helps :)
    edited September 2011
    One bit of lore/apocrypha you might be interested in -

Questionite used to be referred to in Champions Lore (until 5th edition) as Questonite. Named after the scientist who discovered it. (Do the math! :D )
    edited September 2011
    I'm pretty sure that the name for "questionite" was inspired by Questonite, but they were actually distinctly different materials. Questonite was a super-strong plastic, which could be manufactured colored or transparent. In that earlier version of the Champions Universe it saw use as windows for UNTIL's submarines, as cell doors in Stronghold, and as a supervillain's bludgeon.

I miss Questonite myself. The current CU is a little metals-heavy IMHO -- a material like that would be very useful and a nice change of pace.

More trivia: in the old Super Agents supplement, the son of the inventor of Questonite, Dr. J.A. Quest, started his own high-tech security company. He's described as a tall blonde man who spent his youth traveling to exotic locations. Like Aariny says, do the math. ;)
    edited September 2011
    Oops! Good catch, there, LL! Yeah I was mis-remembering the item in question. It was a plastic rather than a metal.

And yeah. That whole bit with Dr. J. A. Quest gave me a chuckle back in the day. Reminds me of the Banzai Institute being a part of the original Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. ^_^
    edited September 2011
    Aariny wrote:
    Oops! Good catch, there, LL! Yeah I was mis-remembering the item in question. It was a plastic rather than a metal.

And yeah. That whole bit with Dr. J. A. Quest gave me a chuckle back in the day. Reminds me of the Banzai Institute being a part of the original Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. ^_^

still around actually, the unit just changed it's name to the New Avalon Cavailers ;) allows a homage while not being quite as in your face obvious