test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What books would be good for lore

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Okay I'm going to be grabbing champions universe and am wondering what other titles would be good for lore, mainly towards the online game. Looking to get some info that might help me make characters that will really fit into the gaming lore. Also being an old pen and paper I love reading about the heros and villians I come across. This would also include organizations and races info.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like you've got most of that covered with Champions Universe. And as you have mentioned, you might get some kicks out of reading some of the Champions Villains Books. (Master Villain, Villain Team, Solo Villain)

There are also some more specific books like Teen Champions or the upcoming Champions Beyond that can bring in some solid bases; but I, for one, think that you can't really know the Champions Universe without knowing everything you can about Dr. Destroyer. (Book of the Destroyer)

That last one is a bit dated, but it's an interesting read nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Cool thanks now just have to convince my hubby to let me go shopping:).
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Syrin wrote:
    Cool thanks now just have to convince my hubby to let me go shopping:).
    In my experience, it's usually much easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    lolz

/10char
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Grace Hopper

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Very cool. Ive heard and seen the phrase in use for many years but never knew the origin. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Your best bet for a general overview of the setting, lore, etc. is Champions Universe, appropriately enough.

For full information on the major villains in the setting -- over 300 of 'em -- you'd want to look at the Champions Villains trilogy. However if you're just getting started that might be a bit expensive to just jump right into, and if your main focus is creating characters to play in the setting knowing the villains may not be as crucial.

If you're interested in anything to do with outer space, aliens, the Moon, etc., you might want to check out Champions Beyond, which just went on sale minutes ago as a PDF and will now go in our "print queue" to be printed as a hardcopy book. ;)

If you have any other questions about specific books or subjects, just let me know!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Cool look forward to the aline one. Just picked up Champions Universe and the first villians book and have found them really interesting reading. Lots of character ideas are coming from them:).
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    LOL caught my hubby reading my villians book last night, don't think it will be hard to convince him to get others:).
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ha! That's awesome. :D