test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHAMPIONS BEYOND Sneak Peek: The Cover!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Hey folx! For those who are interested, a sneak peek of the superb Champions Beyond cover, by Sam Kennedy, is now up at:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/85156-CHAMPIONS-BEYOND-Sneak-Peek-The-Cover!?p=2164109#post2164109
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Bubble Helmets!! :D
    edited May 2011
    Very nice!

As this is a part of "Champions" and not "Star Hero", does this mean we will be seeing some of these critters soon?
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure I understand your question, Loganius. Which "critters"? If you're referring to the Hzeel attackers shown on the cover, yes, they get a chapter in the book. ;)
    edited May 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand your question, Loganius. Which "critters"? If you're referring to the Hzeel attackers shown on the cover, yes, they get a chapter in the book. ;)

Sorry, should have specified. I mean is there a chance of any of the aliens in this book making their way into the game? I know they can't use any of the "Star Hero" stuff because they don't have the right to those, but as this is a part of "Champions" I was wondering if any of these baddies could find their way in game.
    edited May 2011
    As a matter of fact, I basically drew in most of the alien species from our Star Hero books to describe in CBY, so at this point they'll effectively become Cryptic's property. Whether they want to use them in CO is entirely up to them, though. ;)
    edited May 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:
    As a matter of fact, I basically drew in most of the alien species from our Star Hero books to describe in CBY, so at this point they'll effectively become Cryptic's property. Whether they want to use them in CO is entirely up to them, though. ;)

Can someone submit samples to the art director that don't immediately become Hero Games property? I just want to submit art to see if I am "ready" for industry work.
    edited May 2011
    Titan -- sure. We don't consider portfolios submitted to us as our (or ultimately Cryptic's, in the case of Champions art) property. I'm not aware of anyone in the industry who does, and speaking as a former freelancer would be damn reluctant to do business with anyone who did.