test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multifaria

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I'm trying to find information on Multifaria or New Harmon for the next edition of the Millennium Times, can someone provide some ideas of where to start looking?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Book of Destroyer; Shadow Destroyer section
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the help
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No problem. There's also lore dispersed throughout the game that give hints to Multifaria. But that book is your best bet.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Oooo... Time doesn't flow in Multifaria like it does on Earth...

*Steeples fingers*

Excellent...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Always wondered exactly what they mean by that, time doesnt flow the same as on Right hand earth bit lol can someone elaborate kindly?.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Always wondered exactly what they mean by that, time doesnt flow the same as on Right hand earth bit lol can someone elaborate kindly?.

In a nutshell, the Multifaria is essentially a mix of intermingling timelines and historical variations all wrapped up into its own universe.

Shakespear is still alive there, alien warlords from the future can sometimes be seen in the streets and Victorian-era buildings shares the view with skyscrapers.

It is very difficult to make out what the Multifaria really looks like from the description; probably because they wanted to leave it open for GMs to fill-in the holes.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    that was how I viewed it which is why when i heard resistance is coming to Champions Online I was hoping they would have that weird mix of styles and times.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have a question. Is the proper term Multifaria or is it Multifarian Earth, the Multfarian Earth or some other thing?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lohr wrote:
    I have a question. Is the proper term Multifaria or is it Multifarian Earth, the Multfarian Earth or some other thing?

"One of the countless parallel Earths, known to less than half a dozen mystics in Earth's history, has no special name, though one of those mystics referred to it in his writings as the Multifarian Earth, or simply "the Multifarian".
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    "One of the countless parallel Earths, known to less than half a dozen mystics in Earth's history, has no special name, though one of those mystics referred to it in his writings as the Multifarian Earth, or simply "the Multifarian".

VP, I have the exact same book, and it still doesn't answer my question.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Based on how it is written, I would assume Multiferian Earth is the proper term.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lohr wrote:
    VP, I have the exact same book, and it still doesn't answer my question.

It does though..."has no special name"
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It does though..."has no special name"

That doesn't really help her when it comes to naming conventions for the wiki.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dardove wrote:
    That doesn't really help her when it comes to naming conventions for the wiki.

The way I read it...you can use either the Multifarian Earth or simply the Multifarian.

There is no exact proper name to use.

The book titles the section as "The Multifarian"...so I would just use that.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The way I read it...you can use either the Multifarian Earth or simply the Multifarian.

There is no exact proper name to use.

The book titles the section as "The Multifarian"...so I would just use that.

Dar's right, no one is going to be able to find that.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The word multifarious, which I assume Multifaria is taken from, means "having many different parts, elements, forms, etc."