test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CHAMPIONS BEYOND: What Do *You* Want To See?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I know there's at least one poster here who's particularly interested in our forthcoming supplement Champions Beyond, which deals with outer space, aliens, the Moon, and related matters in the modern Champions Universe.

Well, the good news is that I began working on CB today! If you'd like to visit our message forums to see a brief outline of the book and offer opinions/suggestions about what it should contain, head on over to:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/83017-CHAMPIONS-BEYOND-What-Do-*You*-Want-To-See?p=2102736#post2102736

Thanx!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Would information about Ista V'han fall into this book?
    edited December 2010
    No, she's getting an entire book of her own next year -- The Book Of The Empress. So you won't have long to wait. ;)
    edited December 2010
    • Star*Guard in detail.
    • Champions Online aliens represented in detail. (Gadroon; Qularr; Perseid; Malva; Elder Worm).
    • Selected Planets/Races given a city-style treatment (think Vibora Bay & Millennium City books) content on how their economy/governement/social systems/religious beliefs work as well as architectural/fashion style. Doesn't need to be book length of course, though at least so one can get a feel as if they lived there themselves.
    • Earth represented like above, though as how other alien races see it. (ie. Humans taste like X & automobiles are the domanant species of the planet and are at war with the plant life for control.)
    • UNTIL Response: GATEWAY; Moonbase: Serenity & Project Stargazer.
    • Difference comparison between inherent alien abilites and super powers. Maybe specific powers at a discount/higher-cost due to being of Y race. (ie. What aliens take for granted are considered superpowers on Earth and vice-versa)
    • Build your own "alien > superhero" or "superhero > alien".
    edited December 2010
    I can't wait to read all about the Moon, especially the Forum Malvanum. I've been pushing so hard for the Moon Zone and the Forum Malvanum to be added in-game that it took me a while to realize I hardly know anything about it! XD

I wish I was already in the Biz though, this would be the perfect time to add an alien race I've been working on. He's been very well received in the RP community and I get PMs all the time about "I saw another Duratok Gorehowl ripoff, same bio too!"
    edited December 2010
    *puts horns on lilian and steals duratok's bio*
    edited December 2010
    - Some info about Mechons moon base would be swell. :)
    edited December 2010
    - Some info about Mechons moon base would be swell. :)

They already have an entire book about Mechanon actually, so we probably won't get anything more than a paragraph on this.
    edited December 2010
    Mechanon's moon base is covered in The Book Of The Machine, which we published in early 2009. It will be mentioned in CB, but I won't go into much detail since the information (including maps!) is already in another book.
    edited February 2011
    I'd love to see something about an intergalactic alien prison, where the worst of the worst are sent to.
    edited February 2011
    Loganius wrote:
    I'd love to see something about an intergalactic alien prison, where the worst of the worst are sent to.

Let me guess...

After Stronghold and Stronghold North (Canada).

... ... ...

Stronghold BEYOND!

Yeah I know, it's not nice poking fun at Champions' naming conventions...
    edited February 2011
    Heck, let's just franchise out the whole Stronghold concept!

Stronghold (Boise)
    Stronghold (Jersey Shore)
    Stronghold (Mars)
    Stronghold (Alpha Centauri)
    Stronghold (Galactic Cluster Alpha-7)
    ...and more!

Corporate logo is a cute cartoon female jailor swinging a big ring of keys and winkin' atcha. ;)
    edited February 2011
    In a more serious vein, and by way of update...

...still working on CBY. Barring interruptions or a worsening of this conventionitis/kidneystone combo I'm wrestling with, I should finish up Chapter 6 (the Hzeel) tomorrow and start on Chapter 7 (the Gadroon). That leaves the Qularr, the Elder Worm, the Star*Guard, and "secrets of the Galaxy" to go. ;)

And yes, Loganius, I even put in a sidebar about Malvan names. :D
    edited February 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:

...still working on CBY. Barring interruptions or a worsening of this conventionitis/kidneystone combo I'm wrestling with, I should finish up Chapter 6 (the Hzeel) tomorrow and start on Chapter 7 (the Gadroon). That leaves the Qularr, the Elder Worm, the Star*Guard, and "secrets of the Galaxy" to go. ;)

Yay! Can't wait for this to come out.

Looking forward to reading about the Gadroon :D
    edited February 2011
    HeroSteve wrote:

Get well soon Steve.
    edited March 2011
    Just finished the Qularr chapter, now working on the Gadroon (I had the order backward in my last post -- Qularr first, then Gadroon, not vice-versa). On the one hand I hope it'll go quick because there's no homeworld to describe. OTOH, I haven't written much about 'em before, so all the rest of the stuff has to be created mostly from scratch.

I will have to jump into CO and go fight some Gadroon in Canada to double-check the specific powers of specific mob types. Man, what a tough job I have! ;)
    edited March 2011
    Speaking of Gadroon, Steve, I'd really like to see their connection to Istvatha V'han fleshed out in the PNP sourcebooks. It appears that Cryptic has rendered the majority of the Gadroon falling under her sway, with traditionalist holdouts among them resentful of her alien rule. I haven't seen development reflected in any HG publication yet.

Another thing... I'd like to see some canon development of the Malvan prophecy of the Firewing. Ariax Thone may have turned his back on it, but I suspect he still has a greater destiny than just endlessly picking fights with tough guys for no apparent reason. How about an intergalactic war with Firewing leading a crusade of revitalized Malvans against a resurgent Elder Worm threat? Since most humans carry Worm taint in their genetic code a Malvan victory could be worse news than a Worm one - we could face enslavement by the Slug's forces or eradication by Firewing's.
    edited March 2011
    Epiphanis wrote:
    Speaking of Gadroon, Steve, I'd really like to see their connection to Istvatha V'han fleshed out in the PNP sourcebooks. It appears that Cryptic has rendered the majority of the Gadroon falling under her sway, with traditionalist holdouts among them resentful of her alien rule. I haven't seen development reflected in any HG publication yet.

Another thing... I'd like to see some canon development of the Malvan prophecy of the Firewing. Ariax Thone may have turned his back on it, but I suspect he still has a greater destiny than just endlessly picking fights with tough guys for no apparent reason. How about an intergalactic war with Firewing leading a crusade of revitalized Malvans against a resurgent Elder Worm threat? Since most humans carry Worm taint in their genetic code a Malvan victory could be worse news than a Worm one - we could face enslavement by the Slug's forces or eradication by Firewing's.

Got a feeling the Gadroon-V'han connection will be explained a bit more in that "Book of the Empress" sourcebook that Steve mentioned on the first page of this thread.

That said, I think there needs to be an adventure pack designed around the whole plot.
    edited March 2011
    MGoblin256 wrote:
    Got a feeling the Gadroon-V'han connection will be explained a bit more in that "Book of the Empress" sourcebook that Steve mentioned on the first page of this thread.

That said, I think there needs to be an adventure pack designed around the whole plot.

I could see Project Stargazer being involved. :)