test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just askin' for my own general knowledge

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
While I haven't played a PnP Champions game since like 1983 (and it was only one game GM'd by an old high school friend) I'm one of those geeks that picks up the books just in case the opportunity arises. So I was dlipping through the 5th edition Vibora Bay book and I have to ask...have Juryrig and Black Mask been redesigned? the look completely different than what they do in the book. as a matter of fact I think Juryrig was supposed to be cuban or something and it makes no mention of him having bionic limbs like in game? Its just an FYI question for me. Black Mask's suit in the nook is less revealing (for a supergeroine) than it is in game, though her pnp version has hair showing. (on her head, pervs)
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know next to nothing about the P&P...but I believe the sixth edtion (which is what this game uses as the basis for its characters) was almost a complete redesign, and in some cases retcon of the existing fifth edition characters. Different artists and in some cases different writers.
    edited September 2010
    Yes, Cryptic redesigned those characters (visually, at least -- not sure about background elements) for Champions Online. And naturally we mirror those changes in the books going forward; Black Mask in the new Champions Universe supplement wears the costume Cryptic designed, not the one from the Vibora Bay sourcebook, and you can see Cryptic's take on Juryrig in a couple places in our various books.
    edited September 2010
    shizaru wrote:
    I'm one of those geeks that picks up the books just in case the opportunity arises.)

Wow. It's not just me then.

And I thought I was alone *happy sniffle*
    edited September 2010
    Wow. It's not just me then.

And I thought I was alone *happy sniffle*

No, you're not alone. :)

I've never GM'd a game, so I flip through the 6ED Character Creation book every so often, thinking about rolling a character just for fun. I'd like to find an online group to play in, maybe I'll search harder this weekend.

The guy at the gaming store here must think I'm playing every weekend since I'll pop in and look around and pick up a book to read in my hammock on a sundfay afternoon. :D
    edited September 2010
    http://www.herocentral.net/home.htm

I play online there. It's slow to play by email sometimes, but it's not awful if you have dedicated people.

That and my once per week live game.
    edited September 2010
    Is Black Mask really 40?

She seems a little young and smexy-looking to be older than me.