test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dr. Destroyers greatest creation?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I was listening to this epic remix when this came to mind, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e10VtlRCQL0
What is Dr. Destroyers version of Zero? If he has something in store for taking out Defender. Wouldn't a super robot be the prime option? Let alone the Dr. is getting up in age so a robot to do his dirty work other than his fail bots would seem likely. Any lore about this guys? :rolleyes:
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Witness... the MEGAAAA DEEEEEESTROYAAAAAAAH...
    edited July 2010
    I suggest you buy the Book of the Destroyer.
    edited July 2010
    Witness... the MEGAAAA DEEEEEESTROYAAAAAAAH...

That thing has been beaten so many times... :rolleyes: I was thinking a copy of Defender Destroyer style. But better and epic! :D
    edited July 2010
    You mean shadow destroyer? He is in a way Defender: Destroyer style.
    edited July 2010
    Bendyboy wrote:
    You mean shadow destroyer? He is in a way Defender: Destroyer style.

No, no create by Dr. Destroyer. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2010
    I don't think defender has ever faced the real Dr. D as Dr.D "died" when he nuked Detroit and it was the destruction of Detroit that inspired him to make his armour and become a hero.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I don't see anywhere in the established CO canon where Defender could have fought Destroyer. Destroyer's been "dead" since before. Defender became a super hero. While the Destroyer/Defender dichotomy hints at an obvious rivalry, I don't personally see it in the CO universe. Defender isn't Captain Liberty. He's not a self-indulgent fantasy of one of the game devs. By the time your toon reaches forty you're his equal, maybe even his superior. At this point I see Defender doing exactly what he needs to in the story; playing the Worf, a character whose just BAMF enough to make you think twice about tangling with any enemy that can take him down. A Destroyer machine based around Defender would just be a CoX way of saying "The cast of NPCs is far more important than you. You are the background to their glory."
    edited July 2010
    Defender is a pushover, the noob either dies or gets stuck in a knee deep pool of water in every UNITY mission he follows me on :(.
    edited July 2010
    The topic title is truncated at "greatest" and my mind completes it as "hits"

And as we all know, there's only one truly greatest hits of greatest commercials.

Turn it up, man!
    edited July 2010
    Shadow Destroyer = Defender from another dimension who has now taken over Dr. Destroyers job.

Dr. Destroyer = Nazi who is now dead. His greatest weapon ever was a mind control satellite that made him control every hero and villain in the whole world (for three months, then a hero released himself from the mind-control)
    edited July 2010
    srsly a mind control satellite lol. Reminds of the awesome episode of batman brave and the bold. Where the maestro or maester [was never good with names] took over the world with a communication satellite and made everyone sing a dance number while robbing the world of its loot. Makes me wonder if destroyer secretly wanted to make the whole world his musical broadway show.
    edited July 2010
    Well Voron might be disappointed with a few things, a mind control satellite was one of Destroyer's greatests, but I think destroying much of Detroit and killing several dozen heroes also rates up there.
    edited July 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    Well Voron might be disappointed with a few things, a mind control satellite was one of Destroyer's greatests, but I think destroying much of Detroit and killing several dozen heroes also rates up there.

This is another reason why he should have or had built something so powerful. That it could only be ready to release in the future. Something even greater in technology than Mechon himself. :eek:
    edited July 2010
    I can't wait for the future to reveal soemthing soon ;)
    edited July 2010
    Ive always thought that the plot from, "Day of the Destroyer," was his best. As a beneficent and superior entity he recognized the one thing causing the vast majority of humanity's problems, overpopulation. Too many people and too few resources.

Since no one else had the strength of will to recognize and do something about this problem, Destroyer stepped forward. He had isolated a particular gene sequence possessed by 90% of the human race that if triggered would cause immediate death. He demonstrated the technology that allowed him to trigger the sequence remotely to the world and then announced that he was giving humanity 24 hours to make peace with whatever higher beings they chose to believe in, before he would throw the switch, causing five billion people to instantly die.

Of course, "Day of the Destroyer," is from a previous edition of the Champions PnP game, but it is classic Destroyer. It really captured the essence of a madman utterly convinced, not only of his own superiority and destiny, but of his ability to elevate mankind. His twisted vision and his frightening power to potentially carry it out has always made him my favorite villain.
    edited July 2010
    Ashen_X wrote:
    Ive always thought that the plot from, "Day of the Destroyer," was his best. As a beneficent and superior entity he recognized the one thing causing the vast majority of humanity's problems, overpopulation. Too many people and too few resources.

Since no one else had the strength of will to recognize and do something about this problem, Destroyer stepped forward. He had isolated a particular gene sequence possessed by 90% of the human race that if triggered would cause immediate death. He demonstrated the technology that allowed him to trigger the sequence remotely to the world and then announced that he was giving humanity 24 hours to make peace with whatever higher beings they chose to believe in, before he would throw the switch, causing five billion people to instantly die.

Of course, "Day of the Destroyer," is from a previous edition of the Champions PnP game, but it is classic Destroyer. It really captured the essence of a madman utterly convinced, not only of his own superiority and destiny, but of his ability to elevate mankind. His twisted vision and his frightening power to potentially carry it out has always made him my favorite villain.

Destroyer strikes me as a baron Zemo or Dr Doom kind of guy they have the peoples best interests at heart and know that there way is the correct way of fixing any problems. there not sadistic they don't do it for there own perverse pleasure but for the greater good (who cares if 90% of the worlds population dies every one is better off after words)
    edited July 2010
    This is another reason why he should have or had built something so powerful. That it could only be ready to release in the future. Something even greater in technology than Mechon himself. :eek:

I think we can be sure that he has all kinds of ultimate weapons stashed all over the place just waiting for him to press the big red button and unleash them.

As to weather its better tech than mechanons who knows Dr. D would never admit to his inferiority to any one and the big M would never admit to a simple organic being his better.
    edited July 2010
    MESS wrote:
    I think we can be sure that he has all kinds of ultimate weapons stashed all over the place just waiting for him to press the big red button and unleash them.

I just ran an RP plot for the anniversary of the battle of Detroit (last Friday) based on that premise. Someone triggered an old installation of Destroyer's which contained one really nasty work in progress of Zerstoiten's. It was unable to detect ol' Albert anywhere in its sensor range, analyzed the reports of his demise and founf them credible, decided that the world was doomed to die a protracted painful death without Zerstoiten's benevolent iron fist, and began to activate a worldwide time bubble that would freeze the planet in a moment in time, forever. "Without me, the world will, at best, stagnate. Now I will enshrine that stagnancy forever."

The device was set inside a Mega-Destroid, which they had to destroy, of course, making the plot an excuse to bash a Mega-Destroid with a bit of RP afterwards to shut the device down. (One of the tech savvy heroes narrowed the time bubble so *only* the machine would be affected, thereby time freezing itself and only itself). We had a good turnout, folks (I hope) had fun and it was a chance to do something special to celebrate an important piece of game lore.
    edited July 2010
    I believe these are the official canonical facts; I may stand corrected later:

The original Doctor Destroyer, Albert Zerstoiten, is commonly believed to have died at his own hand at the Battle of Detroit. He did not actually die, however, having faked his death to give him time to rebuild undisturbed until he was truly invincible.

If any single hero has ever qualified to be Zerstoiten's arch-enemey, it would have been Vanguard, a mystically-powered American flying brick who in his time was believed to be the strongest superhero in the world. In 1984 Destroyer had briefly succeeded in ruling the world via mind control satellites (making Destroyer the only supervillain to actually succeed in ruling the majority of Earth in the modern era, though Takofanes had managed the trick twice in the distant past of the Turakian Age). Three months into Destroyer's reign the villain made the mistake of ordering Vanguard, at that point his mind-slave, to destroy the Statue of Liberty. The order so violated Vanguard's very nature that he shook off Destroyer's influence and forced him to abandon his reign.

Vanguard was later slain by Destroyer in the Battle of Detroit. Although Zerstoiten never acknowledged that any single individual was near enough his equal to be considered his nemesis, Vanguard was generally ranked first among his enemies. Ironically, Vanguard's body (superpowers intact) was reanimated by the archlich Takofanes in the Blood Moon event.

Defender (James Harmon IV) never fought (Zerstoiten) Destroyer directly, having become a superhero after Zerstoiten's apparent death, inspired by Vanguard's (and the other fallen heroes') sacrifices at the Battle of Detroit. Defender is perhaps the most promising of the younger heroes to arise in the 90s and 2000s, but he is not yet the most powerful hero active, or even the most powerful armored hero (that honor goes to Japan's Tetsuronin, whose armor rivals Destroyer's and far exceeds Defender's).

Subsequent to Detroit, Zerstoiten spent more than a decade secretly preparing for his "return," but his plan was derailed when the "Shadow Destroyer" arrived from Multifarian Earth (a parallel universe). Shadow Destroyer had no direct relationship to Zerstoiten, and is rather the parallel-universe counterpart of Defender. It may be that where the Harmon of Champions Earth had been inspired by Vanguard, Harmon of Multifarian Earth had been inspired by Destroyer; but this has not been documented and Multifarian Earth's historical divergences are rarely that neat and clean. In any event, Shadow Destroyer uses techno-magical armor and weird hybrid techno-sorcery where both Defender and Destroyer relied exclusively on pure super-science technology.

Shadow Destroyer discovered Zerstoiten's continued existence on Champions Earth and managed to capture the original Doctor Destroyer, imprisoning him in the Multifarian Earth's analog to Millenium City, the city of New Harmon. (How Shadow Destroyer accomplished such a feat is as yet undocumented). Shadow Destroyer then impersonated the original Destroyer, usurping control of most of the original's assets and followers and began his own version of Destroyer's triumphant "return." He also borught in many of his parallel-world followers, including sorcerous acolytes, technomagical golems, and Karkaradon "sharkmen." Many of Zerstoiten's minions suspect Shadow Destroyer's ruse and are cautiously acting independently, trying to find out what happened to their true master -- whether to bring about his return or prevent it remains to be seen.

In Champions Online, the true Doctor Destroyer has never made a personal appearance-yet. The figure depicted in the ads is Shadow Destroyer, with his distinctive "Doctor Fate Gone Evil" gilded bone helmet and H.R. Giger costume. There are strong hints that a future adventure pack or other expansion will involve Multifarian Earth and the true Destroyer's imprisonment.

Neither Destroyer nor Shadow Destroyer have any one "supreme masterpiece ultimate weapon." Zerstoiten made a number of creations that for any lesser villain would qualify as an ultimate weapon: orbital death rays, giant submarines, artificial island nations, Mega-Destroid robots, mind control satellites, etc. For Dr. Destroyer, these are just a few toys in a very large chest. At any given time, his greatest technological creation would likely be the armor he is currently wearing; but this is always, always, a work in progress and never a completed work of perfection.
    edited July 2010
    Dr Destoryer imprisoned? I dont think so. Most likely he has escaped, taken over this parallel world and is bleeding it dry of respources and technology which he will use to return to earth and crush this false Destroyer, and then the pitiful heroes and take his rightful place as master of the Planet. :D
    edited July 2010
    Warcaster wrote:
    Dr Destoryer imprisoned? I dont think so. Most likely he has escaped, taken over this parallel world and is bleeding it dry of respources and technology which he will use to return to earth and crush this false Destroyer, and then the pitiful heroes and take his rightful place as master of the Planet. :D

Sounds about right for the good Dr.:cool: