test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the Champions version of Bizzaro World called?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I've heard such a thing exists but I totally forgot what it's called :/
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    California....

:D
    edited June 2010
    I don't get the reference.
    edited June 2010
    There is no specific equivalent to Bizarro World in the CU that I can recall. The old 4E supplement Champions In 3-D might have described an alternate world like that, but it's been so long since I read that book that I honestly don't recall.
    edited June 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    There is no specific equivalent to Bizarro World in the CU that I can recall. The old 4E supplement Champions In 3-D might have described an alternate world like that, but it's been so long since I read that book that I honestly don't recall.

IT's a nice area of the forum . I mostly Lurk here.. i n this section. The insights and back drops are a nice
    bit of Lore.. Tnx. Parallels or spin offs are a Theme rich for creative lic and can confuse a dedicated follower of old school form.. Almost living the life of a Fan Sub or Dub in anime.

I attended a Con once that featured a table Lead by Dave Arneson.. he was amused at the GMs adaptation of his old system using Arms Law.
    edited June 2010
    As a creator of games and gaming material, it's always intriguing to see what gamers do with what I publish. Ultimately, my job is to help people have fun, so as long as they're having fun, it's all cool with me.

The only time we (Hero) get upset about something like that is when someone is running a "HERO System game" at a con, billed as such, but has changed so many things via house rules and whatnot that it's not really the HERO System anymore, and therefore doesn't fairly present the System to those who don't know much about it. Fortunately, though, that's a pretty rare occurrence. ;)
    edited June 2010
    So there's no official parallel universe where Defender is evil?
    edited June 2010
    Loganius wrote:

Yeah I think that one is called multifaria, or something like that. Evil Defender is Shadow Destroyer.
    edited June 2010
    Lohr wrote:
    Yeah I think that one is called multifaria, or something like that. Evil Defender is Shadow Destroyer.

Oh cool! Thanks for the info!
    edited June 2010
    Yes, there's the Multifarian Earth, but that's not exactly the same as "a world where Defender is evil." It's a much more complex place than that. ;) There'd definitely be Evil Defender in a true Bizarro World kind of place though!
    edited June 2010
    There is also a "mirror universe" similar to that in the Star Trek franchise, that was introduced in Teen Champions.
    edited June 2010
    Epiphanis wrote:
    There is also a "mirror universe" similar to that in the Star Trek franchise, that was introduced in Teen Champions.

Is this mirror universe the same as the Multifarian Earth, or something else? And if it's something else, could I get a name for it? :D
    edited June 2010
    Loganius wrote:

In Champions-in-3D, there was Backworld. However, that's no longer canon.
    edited June 2010
    Multifarian Earth is not the main earth inverted, it is an Earth in which time runs in anomalous ways, resulting in an anachronistic blend of eras and individuals often turning out differently than in the main world.

The "mirror universe" from Teen Champions is "Left-Handed Earth," so called because most people are southpaws there. Their value systems are morally opposed to "Right-Handed Earth's" in that people openly value might over right and the status quo is open tyranny enforced by the counterparts of the Right-Handed Earth superheroes. Opposed to these are counterparts to villains like "Professor Preserver" and "Organitron." Left-Handed Earth is described in the entry for teen supervillain Janus, who is the ******* child of two scientists hailing from both worlds.
    edited June 2010
    Epiphanis wrote:
    Multifarian Earth is not the main earth inverted, it is an Earth in which time runs in anomalous ways, resulting in an anachronistic blend of eras and individuals often turning out differently than in the main world.

The "mirror universe" from Teen Champions is "Left-Handed Earth," so called because most people are southpaws there. Their value systems are morally opposed to "Right-Handed Earth's" in that people openly value might over right and the status quo is open tyranny enforced by the counterparts of the Right-Handed Earth superheroes. Opposed to these are counterparts to villains like "Professor Preserver" and "Organitron." Left-Handed Earth is described in the entry for teen supervillain Janus, who is the ******* child of two scientists hailing from both worlds.

So the relationship between our Earth and "Left-Handed Earth" is like this?
    http://danscomics.com/otherimages/JAN10/JAN101722_low_JUSTICE_LEAGUE_CRISIS_ON_TWO_EARTHS_SPEC_ED_DVD.jpg