test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maptool Champions 6th MMO-parallel game - interest?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I'll resurrect a similar thread from a while back.

I've been toying with doing a Champions 6th Ed. game via Maptool with a storyline that parallels that of the MMO, but as a "reimagined" version of it. Sort of "this Maptool PnP game is to Champions Online what the Marvel Ultimate Universe is to the regular Marvel Universe." It would start with the 2009 Qularr invasion and progress in a similar fashion to the MMO, but with much tweaking and personalization, particularly to be individually relevant to the player characters.

Would there be significant interest in this from the MMO player community?

This would probably run either one weeknight a week from 8 to Midnight in EASTERN STANDARD TIME. Please factor that in in your response; European or Pacific Time players probably aren't going to be able to do that. Also, it would help if your response expressly stated what time zone you are in.

Also, this is an interest check, not a commitment. I noticed a lack of positive response from the VoiP thread a while back, so I'm simply trying to gauge if the both PnP-and-MMO-familiar player base is intrigued enough for it to be worth following up on.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Epiphanis wrote:
    I'll resurrect a similar thread from a while back.

I've been toying with doing a Champions 6th Ed. game via Maptool with a storyline that parallels that of the MMO, but as a "reimagined" version of it. Sort of "this Maptool PnP game is to Champions Online what the Marvel Ultimate Universe is to the regular Marvel Universe." It would start with the 2009 Qularr invasion and progress in a similar fashion to the MMO, but with much tweaking and personalization, particularly to be individually relevant to the player characters.

Would there be significant interest in this from the MMO player community?

This would probably run either one weeknight a week from 8 to Midnight in EASTERN STANDARD TIME. Please factor that in in your response; European or Pacific Time players probably aren't going to be able to do that. Also, it would help if your response expressly stated what time zone you are in.

Also, this is an interest check, not a commitment. I noticed a lack of positive response from the VoiP thread a while back, so I'm simply trying to gauge if the both PnP-and-MMO-familiar player base is intrigued enough for it to be worth following up on.

I don't have Maptool, can I get a link? I'd be interested in trying this out.
    edited May 2010
    edited May 2010
    Anyone else interested?
    edited May 2010
    This is starting to take shape, though not yet committed to. Look on the Hero Games discussion board:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/79881-Anyone-running-an-online-supers-game?p=2018050#post2018050