test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is Dr. Destroyer's place in 6th edition?

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ...That he is. For all his pretense of honor and nobility, and claims the world will be better under his rule... Albert Zerstoiten is a cruel, selfish, treacherous, greedy, ruthless SOB who cares nothing for anyone or anything but himself, and holds himself superior to all other beings in existence. It's truly unfortunate that he has the power and genius to back up his attitude.

I finally wrapped my head around what kind of character Dr D. is. My friends and I have always compared him to Dr. Doom of Marvel fame, but they never really stacked up. Though Doom can be conniving and underhanded he has always been presented as having a strong sense of honor. It only last summer after watching Captain America that I realized that he resembles another Marvel character much more. He isn't Doom. He the Red Skull in power armor.
    edited February 2012
    Aariny wrote:
    Hate to be morbid about this, but in Vanguard's case, there is no corpse because it burned up on re-entry.

You know who else burned up on re-entry? Jean Gray. Look how permanent that was.
    edited February 2012
    Epiphanis wrote:
    You know who else burned up on re-entry? Jean Gray. Look how permanent that was.

While Jean Grey has a revolving door on her coffin, Vanguard has pretty much been dead, cept his zombified corpse.
    edited February 2012
    FWIW Dr. Destroyer considered Vanguard to be his greatest enemy while he was alive. Vanguard actually has gone toe-to-toe with Destroyer in the past, albeit DD was in a less-powerful model of his armor than his current one. The two appeared evenly matched, but Destroyer eventually had to retreat due to depleting his energy reserves, while Vanguard's endurance seemed inexhaustible.
    edited February 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    While Jean Grey has a revolving door on her coffin, Vanguard has pretty much been dead, cept his zombified corpse.

And even that corpse mysteriously turned into an archer. :D
    edited February 2012
    Thundrax wrote:
    And even that corpse mysteriously turned into an archer. :D

Death does weird things to people evidently ;)
    edited March 2012
    From my copy of the sixth edition (Thanks Mom!), Doctor Destroyer is actually at his weakest right now in resources. He's still powerful but his battle with Shadow Destroyer really screwed him up.
    edited March 2012
    I am really surprised that no one has yet answered the OP's question.

Dr D's place is at:

1374 Secret Megalomaniac Ave, apartment # 9
    Millennium City, Mi 94678
    edited March 2012
    From my copy of the sixth edition (Thanks Mom!), Doctor Destroyer is actually at his weakest right now in resources. He's still powerful but his battle with Shadow Destroyer really screwed him up.

It's true that the majority of DD's former human operatives have drifted away over the years of his absence; only his fanatical worshippers in the Vale of Javangari are left. OTOH he still has his loyal superhuman cadre, the feared Destroyers; a horde of robots; several mothballed bases; and nearly limitless wealth. More than enough to rebuild upon.

Given recent events in Champions Online I wouldn't be at all surprised if Destroyer took a page from Citizen Harmon's book, and took over New Harmon for himself.
    edited March 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:
    I am really surprised that no one has yet answered the OP's question.

Dr D's place is at:

1374 Secret Megalomaniac Ave, apartment # 9
    Millennium City, Mi 94678

Surely you didn't fall for that piece of misdirection. You really think Doctor Destroyer would reside at a mere apartment? :rolleyes:
    edited March 2012
    It's true that the majority of DD's former human operatives have drifted away over the years of his absence; only his fanatical worshippers in the Vale of Javangari are left. OTOH he still has his loyal superhuman cadre, the feared Destroyers; a horde of robots; several mothballed bases; and nearly limitless wealth. More than enough to rebuild upon.

Given recent events in Champions Online I wouldn't be at all surprised if Destroyer took a page from Citizen Harmon's book, and took over New Harmon for himself.

I think Dr. Destroyer made it clear at the end of Resistance, he would conquer that dimension after he is done conquering earth.
    edited March 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    I think Dr. Destroyer made it clear at the end of Resistance, he would conquer that dimension after he is done conquering earth.

I can see Destroyer becoming a dimensional emperor if he's left uncheked. I am really looking forward to his next "master plan" since returning from Multifaria. I'm not sure if he would still rely on the Destroids currently built, however, since Harmon controlled them,after all. More importantly, in-game both Gigaton, Rashaka and that Black Talon agent followed Harmon's orders so he may (or may not) be angry at them. Since Gigaton/Rashaka are the pillars of both Destroyer's organization along with the Destroyers team themselves this may be a problem (minor of course) to Zerstoiten's future endeavors.
    Considering he fixes the whole genetic problem of his.
    edited March 2012
    I can see Destroyer becoming a dimensional emperor if he's left uncheked. I am really looking forward to his next "master plan" since returning from Multifaria. I'm not sure if he would still rely on the Destroids currently built, however, since Harmon controlled them,after all.

As far as the game shows, Shadow Destroyer only controlled Destroids from one of Dr. D's minor facilities in Millennium City. Destroyer has many more robots, including models Shadow D never even saw.
    More importantly, in-game both Gigaton, Rashaka and that Black Talon agent followed Harmon's orders so he may (or may not) be angry at them. Since Gigaton/Rashaka are the pillars of both Destroyer's organization along with the Destroyers team themselves this may be a problem (minor of course) to Zerstoiten's future endeavors.
    Considering he fixes the whole genetic problem of his.

This comes from Rakshasa's bio on the Champions Online Wiki: "He is Dr. Destroyer’s spy master and right hand man. You might think that ought to be in the past tense, since Dr. Destroyer died in the Battle of Detroit. However, Rakshasa knows better than to believe that. Destroyer plays a deep game, and Rakshasa is holding his peace, keeping Destroyer’s organizations in top shape, and waiting for the day Destroyer returns. Of course, if potentially opportunities to further Dr. Destroyer’s goals pop up, Rakshasa is in a position to pursue them. Gigaton will take direction from him. Between the two of them, they are still quite a force to be reckoned with."

IMO there's a strong implication that Rakshasa is working for Shadow Destroyer mainly to look out for his boss's interests.
    edited March 2012

Given that he helped kicked his ****, I bet they will have no problem with it. Hell, I bet they will go to war with CO-Earth for him.
    edited March 2012
    Given that he helped kicked his ****, I bet they will have no problem with it. Hell, I bet they will go to war with CO-Earth for him.

Helped? For the most part we were distractions. Realistically Dr. Destroyer did all the work we were just along for the ride.
    edited March 2012
    Destroyer used the Resistance, and our PCs, to divert Harmon's attention and free him from Harmon's prison, which he was clearly prepared to take advantage of. We're nothing more than pawns to him, which is exactly how Dr. D always operates.

You can bet Destroyer has been making plans while he's been sitting in solitary. And you can bet our heroes aren't going to like them.
    edited March 2012
    If Rakshasa is so important, maybe if/when they revisit the Canadian Crisis (since new Westside makes it kind of irrelevant) they could remove him or at least make him seem like less of a chump? Because his current appearance in the game makes me think of him on par with Kevin Poe.
    edited March 2012
    TylerF wrote:
    If Rakshasa is so important, maybe if/when they revisit the Canadian Crisis (since new Westside makes it kind of irrelevant) they could remove him or at least make him seem like less of a chump? Because his current appearance in the game makes me think of him on par with Kevin Poe.

Rahksasha abandoned Destroyer when he started doubting Shadow Destroyer around the time of the Canadian Crisis. Just like Black Talon has sat in Stronghold this whole time not having once engaged his retrieval beacon. He even tells you the whole story, his doubts and that Gigaton, him and Rahksasha were the few Lts left, Shadow Destroyer had put doubts in them that this was the real Dr. Destroyer.

Now, will they all return once they find that the real Dr. Destroyer has returned? The Black Talon pilot will undoubtedly. Rahksasha and Gigaton? That might be a bit hairier.