Install Arc

Looking for an answer from the PnP community

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Zombra wrote:
    Is Marksman no longer a prohibited word? :eek:

Still prohibited. I think I ran the name together as TheMarksman IIRC.
    edited June 2010
    Cheers. My dreams of making Marksman Girl are still stymied :(
    edited June 2010
    One thing that puzzles me, if CO is now the official look of the villains, who designed their new look in the forthcoming VILLAINS books, you or Cryptic? If you, chances are they may change when they are used for CO, or is the new book cannon?

My apologies for taking so long to respond; I've been entirely focused on the new Fantasy Hero book for the past few weeks and am just now getting back into a Champions groove. ;)

The answer is this: if Cryptic's already prepared concept art for a character, or has expressed an opinion on the way they want a villain to look, we use their art/information. If neither of those things apply, we stick with what the character's looked like all along, or make whatever changes we like. Cryptic has to approve all of our Champions books, and that includes all the art, so if they see something they don't like or that they feel doesn't represent a character properly, they tell us and we have the artist make changes. ;)
    edited June 2010
    How many actual villains are there. Part of the reason i'm asking is we've been talking about randomizing villain appearances in stuff but a worry is that there are not many villains to grab from. There will be specifics but is it quite an extensive list?

Well, I am currently working on Champions Villains -- a trilogy of books (one for Master Villains and their minions, one for Teams, and one for Solo Villains) that we'll be publishing later this year. The total count of character sheets is just under 330. Leaving aside a few vehicles and bases and such, let's say there are around 315-320 supervillains.

Now obviously that's not every single villain we've referred to in the past nine years of Champions publishing, but it is a very, very thorough compilation of the core of Champions Universe villainy. ;)
    edited June 2010
    Yes, there are many story arc potnetials out there in Champions Universe. We've only hit the tip of the ice berg.

That's certainly true. ;) An MMO can only deliver a certain amount of content per time unit, but in the paper-and-pencil publishing world we can toss out casual references to all sorts of plots, schemes, events, and villains -- many of which will hopefully make it into the MMO eventually. I think the Vibora Bay expansion shows just what sort of awesome stuff Cryptic can do with material that didn't make it into the first release of CO.

If you want a good, thorough look at the Champions Universe as a whole and all the amazing things going on in it, check out our new supplement Champions Universe, which debuts in a couple of weeks at Origins. (I should be posting some sneak peeks here soon.) As for Valak in particular, he'll be appearing in the Champions Villains trilogy of books, have no fear. ;)
    edited June 2010
    I found in Wiki Mindslayer's old costumes: http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Slayer
    Anybody knows which should be the Mindslayer's Travel Power?
    edited June 2010
    wrote:
    I found in Wiki Mindslayer's old costumes: http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Slayer
    Anybody knows which should be the Mindslayer's Travel Power?
    In the PnP she's a telekinetic and uses Flight.
    edited June 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    In the PnP she's a telekinetic and uses Flight.

In CO she's telekinetic and dunno if she can fly since I've only fought her in a cave and in prison right now. However, several of her CO style art shows her hovering above the ground so I would assume she can fly in CO to.
    edited June 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    In CO she's telekinetic and dunno if she can fly since I've only fought her in a cave and in prison right now. However, several of her CO style art shows her hovering above the ground so I would assume she can fly in CO to.
    I actually can't think of any named SV or higher in CO who uses movement powers, and only two named superheroes (Kinetic, and Sapphire in the tutorial), though some unnamed stuff may do so (not sure what rank the Ospreys are). It's possible that I missed something, but the lack of movement powers in general is pretty visible.