test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for an answer from the PnP community

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Ok ladies and gents; here's something I've been curious about since I started playing CO on launch day. Haven't gotten an answer yet, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Here goes: If you look at the concept art (like the art on the borders on the forums here for example) you'll see Witchcraft. Then if you've played CO, you've seen Witchcraft in game as well. These two look very little like one another. Which brings me to the questions I have.

1. What does Witchcraft actually look like in the Champions Universe?

2. Are there other Champions characters depicted in the game that differ greatly from their Champions Universe appearances? Defender? Grond? Mindslayer? Mechanon?

3. Are all of these characters actually Champions Universe characters? Or were some of them created just for the MMO?

4. Where is a good place to go to to look at character art of these characters from the PnP versions?

Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can offer.

=]
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. From what I know, the original conceptual images of the Champions (which were actually the starting character templates in the original rules) differed greatly from their updated conceptual images today.

2. Defender had a different armored apperance same with Dr. Destroyer. In fact the Dr. Destroyer in the Robot Factory is actually the retro version of him, versus the concept image to the right. Needless to say, past versions versus current ahve changed a lot.

3. Many of them are Champions Universe characters. The Champions themselves, however, were actually quick start templates for actual players to play, from what I was told. Thus Defender, Witchcraft, Kinetik and Ironclad were not uber powered individuals your characters could eventually meet, though with 6th edition that may have changed now. However, that being said, I am sure a few of the characters in Champions Online are original creations. I believe Sapphire, for instance, is an original creation but of course, since Cryptic owns the IP, can one really say it's a seperate creation anymore?

4. I have no idea on character art. The herogames.com website has basically udpated most of the artwork now.
    edited February 2010
    From my brief experience with the game:

- It depends on the edition of the game. I recall her being a little more conservative in attire.

2. Are there other Champions characters depicted in the game that differ greatly from their Champions Universe appearances? Defender? Grond? Mindslayer? Mechanon?

- Witchcraft's sister was an even sexier sex kitten. Rawr.

3. Are all of these characters actually Champions Universe characters? Or were some of them created just for the MMO?

- Most of them are all CO characters, but the core Champions in the game were really templates and examples of how you could recreate your favorite archetypes from the comics you love so much, and show off the flexible and creative system.

4. Where is a good place to go to to look at character art of these characters from the PnP versions?

-Find a gaming/comic shop, they may have some of the various incarnations of the PnP game lying around. Just because they're old doesn't mean they'll be expensive, I cleaned up on some Rifts and AD&D books at a library sale last fall. They're cool to have on the shelf.
    edited February 2010
    I think I can provide some official answers for you, Grim. ;)

1. In our 5th Edition books she looked different -- her tunic was a teal color and her cloak much more elaborate in some ways. However, since Cryptic bought the CU IP, their take on what anyone "actually" looks like is the correct one, so as of the 6E books Witchcraft looks just like she does in the MMO, with a green costume, etc.

2. Again, you may find that some look significantly different in 5E books (often because an appearance that's fine for a book simply doesn't work well for an on-screen MMO). In the 6E books going forward, generally speaking the MMO appearance becomes the official one.

3. They're all actually CU characters. I may be forgetting someone, but I don't recall ever meeting a villain or major NPC in the game who doesn't already exist in the published CU books.

4. For the 6E look, check out our forthcoming books Champions Universe and Champions Villains (the latter is a three-book set). For their 5E appearances, your best bet would be our 5E CU book and our main 5E villains book, Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks. You may also want to check out other 5E villains books like Evil Unleashed and Villains, Vandals, And Vermin.
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the info amigos; good to know things are "updating" in the upcoming version of the PnP game. Hopefully the core content of the PnP version isn't so slapstick and pop culture crazy like the MMO is. If nothing else; I gotta say that's my least favorite aspect of the MMO...it's severe lack of serious story arcs. Most mission titles are spoofs of songs, movies, etc. That is the most disappointing part of playing the MMO, and I hope that changes as the game progresses through expansive content. If the guys running the PnP version of Champions accomplishing any influencing on the MMO; I hope that influence involves a more serious "super hero" feel.

Back on topic though...I actually hate it that Witchcraft adopted the ponytail...she really came off as more of a master of magic without it. In her current rendition; she looks like a valley girl that bought a sorceress costume off of ebay. I also like the retro Dr. Destroyer better than the modern version (no doubt I'm in the minority there). The retro version just gave him a more sinister feel where the modern version makes him appear more "stereotypical villain bent on world domination".

I used to PnP role play with friends religiously (D&D, Whitewolf, MURPG, Shadowrun, etc.) though the Hero system wasn't easy to find at the time...Now that I know about it and have access to it; there's no one to game with. That being said, I'll have to see about picking up some of the books for the character art and profiles if nothing else.

Again, thanks for the info guys (and girls if such applies).

=]
    edited February 2010
    New Doctor Destroyer doesn't scare me because he looks like Dr. Fate. I'll second the old look.
    edited March 2010
    I noticed that the lineup of the Champions had changed considerably since the 4th edition. We had Seeker, Solitaire, Obsidian, Jaguar, and Quantum. Any idea what happened to them?
    Hopefully the core content of the PnP version isn't so slapstick and pop culture crazy like the MMO is. If nothing else; I gotta say that's my least favorite aspect of the MMO...it's severe lack of serious story arcs.

I suppose it depends on who the game master is. (with some people, that's half the fun!)
    I don't mind it too much in the MMO, just as long as it isn't overdone.
    edited March 2010
    I know for sure that Sapphire looks quite different to what she looks like in game.
    edited March 2010
    Champions PnP was the first dice game I ever played. That said, I was off to try as many other games as I could and left Champions behind at the age of 14. I didn't pick up another book until the Hero Games Core Book was released and even then I didn't get back into it. I had always told my gaming buddies what great memories I had of the game and how much I would like to introduce them to it, bu it never happened. I suppose a lot changed in all this time, but when I heard that it was being turned into an MMO, I was like a giddy school girl. After 4 years of CoX, I canceled my sub at Open Beta and haven't looked back.

However, I remember a plethora of characters from the original game that seem to have been forgotten to time. Ankylasaur (spelled right?), Blackstar, Leech, etc., etc.... these were the villain concepts I was looking forward to thrashing and yet, not even a mention of them or any of the others I remember. Not that I'm complaining, I love the game and wait for every improvement as the devs continue to move forward... it's just the childhood memories I have of the Champions Universe aren't what I'm experiencing.

I'm sure that the PnP version has matured and changed just like everything else and that my absence from it is probably the reason for this alienated feeling I have, but I think that the Lore of the game really should include, at least, tales of these characters that jumpstarted such a fantastic game. Maybe even include flashback missions to early Champions and give us old timers the chance to put these baddies down the way we used to in our imagination. :D
    edited March 2010
    However, I remember a plethora of characters from the original game that seem to have been forgotten to time. Ankylasaur (spelled right?), Blackstar, Leech, etc., etc.... these were the villain concepts I was looking forward to thrashing and yet, not even a mention of them or any of the others I remember.
    Ankylosaur is in the game (in one of the Argent mines). Leech is in the game (in the abandoned gold mine in the desert). Blackstar I have yet to see.
    edited March 2010
    I noticed that the lineup of the Champions had changed considerably since the 4th edition. We had Seeker, Solitaire, Obsidian, Jaguar, and Quantum. Any idea what happened to them?

Aside from Defender I didn't much care for most of them, so when we revamped everything for 5E I simply removed them from the continuity and came up with new members of the Champions that suited my purposes better.
    edited March 2010
    However, I remember a plethora of characters from the original game that seem to have been forgotten to time. Ankylasaur (spelled right?), Blackstar, Leech, etc., etc.... these were the villain concepts I was looking forward to thrashing and yet, not even a mention of them or any of the others I remember. Not that I'm complaining, I love the game and wait for every improvement as the devs continue to move forward... it's just the childhood memories I have of the Champions Universe aren't what I'm experiencing.

I'm sure that the PnP version has matured and changed just like everything else and that my absence from it is probably the reason for this alienated feeling I have, but I think that the Lore of the game really should include, at least, tales of these characters that jumpstarted such a fantastic game. Maybe even include flashback missions to early Champions and give us old timers the chance to put these baddies down the way we used to in our imagination.

Of the ones you mention specifically, I've encountered both Ankylosaur and Leech in CO. Blackstar and plenty of others are still in the published continuity, and could certainly appear in the MMO at any time if Cryptic decides to use 'em. ;) In the meantime, though, you can see 'em in our forthcoming CHAMPIONS VILLAINS books, where they'll get a 6E upgrade so GMs can continue to attack heroes with 'em! ;)
    edited March 2010
    So Ankles is in it? I know Armadillo mentions him when you fight him in Canada.
    edited March 2010
    I think I ran into Ankylosaur somewhere along the line. I know they have art for him; I've seen it and we've used it in published books.
    edited March 2010
    Pantagruel wrote:
    Ankylosaur is in the game (in one of the Argent mines). Leech is in the game (in the abandoned gold mine in the desert). Blackstar I have yet to see.
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Of the ones you mention specifically, I've encountered both Ankylosaur and Leech in CO. Blackstar and plenty of others are still in the published continuity, and could certainly appear in the MMO at any time if Cryptic decides to use 'em. In the meantime, though, you can see 'em in our forthcoming CHAMPIONS VILLAINS books, where they'll get a 6E upgrade so GMs can continue to attack heroes with 'em!

Okay, now I feel stupid. I have a level 40 and never came across either of these great villains. I suppose I'll have to make sure that my follow up toons seek them out! Good-goody!

Knowing that the other baddies are still part of the Champions mythos makes me feel better and that we may, someday, see them in digital brilliance; well that makes me feel just downright warm and fuzzy.

BTW, can anyone tell me the name of the pie-throwing, fox-themed, teleporting villain of said early edition Champions? I thought it was Foxbat, but I'm second guessing myself now. :D
    edited March 2010
    BTW, can anyone tell me the name of the pie-throwing, fox-themed, teleporting villain of said early edition Champions? I thought it was Foxbat, but I'm second guessing myself now. :D

Nope. That was the Fox of Crime.
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Thundrax! I knew there was "Fox" villain, just didn't think there was two. :p
    edited March 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Of the ones you mention specifically, I've encountered both Ankylosaur and Leech in CO. Blackstar and plenty of others are still in the published continuity, and could certainly appear in the MMO at any time if Cryptic decides to use 'em. ;) In the meantime, though, you can see 'em in our forthcoming CHAMPIONS VILLAINS books, where they'll get a 6E upgrade so GMs can continue to attack heroes with 'em! ;)

One thing that puzzles me, if CO is now the official look of the villains, who designed their new look in the forthcoming VILLAINS books, you or Cryptic? If you, chances are they may change when they are used for CO, or is the new book cannon?
    edited March 2010
    Cervando wrote:
    One thing that puzzles me, if CO is now the official look of the villains, who designed their new look in the forthcoming VILLAINS books, you or Cryptic? If you, chances are they may change when they are used for CO, or is the new book cannon?

I had wondered the same thing.
    edited March 2010
    Grimraven wrote:
    Thanks for the info amigos; good to know things are "updating" in the upcoming version of the PnP game. Hopefully the core content of the PnP version isn't so slapstick and pop culture crazy like the MMO is. If nothing else; I gotta say that's my least favorite aspect of the MMO...it's severe lack of serious story arcs. Most mission titles are spoofs of songs, movies, etc. That is the most disappointing part of playing the MMO, and I hope that changes as the game progresses through expansive content. If the guys running the PnP version of Champions accomplishing any influencing on the MMO; I hope that influence involves a more serious "super hero" feel.

Back on topic though...I actually hate it that Witchcraft adopted the ponytail...she really came off as more of a master of magic without it. In her current rendition; she looks like a valley girl that bought a sorceress costume off of ebay. I also like the retro Dr. Destroyer better than the modern version (no doubt I'm in the minority there). The retro version just gave him a more sinister feel where the modern version makes him appear more "stereotypical villain bent on world domination".

I used to PnP role play with friends religiously (D&D, Whitewolf, MURPG, Shadowrun, etc.) though the Hero system wasn't easy to find at the time...Now that I know about it and have access to it; there's no one to game with. That being said, I'll have to see about picking up some of the books for the character art and profiles if nothing else.

Again, thanks for the info guys (and girls if such applies).

=]

I'm in agreement here. I played Champions way back when after being introduced to D & D. I found Champions was more to my liking with the focus on superhero characters and stories but didn't care for the number crunching my group was into at the behest of our GMs. So I left it when White Wolf came on the scene. But I always had a lot of nostalgia for the Champions Universe.

So I too was a bit disappointed when I found out just how much spoof content was in the game. Sure it makes a lot of the content accessible and the humor lightens up the fact your hero is basically running around assaulting people. Still, from a story standpoint there's no real balance. The mood and tone of the story arcs of the main Champions characters (and NPCs) never meshes with the side stories or the major missions currently necessary for leveling. I'm not saying the game should only be retro, hard edged action or comedy but it seems the current scattershot method isn't quite working for everyone. Personally I can't see how the Foxbat TV station mission (sorry... can't remember the mission title) and the Monster Island Crisis are in the same game.

I'm certain it's difficult to nail something like mood and tone for something as broadly based as an MMO but maybe if there were more arcs that would help. Then players could customize their story experience as much as their costumes and powers. A golden age retro player or group could seek out the similarly themed missions. While an offbeat group could seek the spoof missions. Then the roleplayers and more conventional (for severe lack of a better word) superhero action types could seek the grittier action missions.

All this really boils down to (I think...) is the need for more content and more variety in progression paths. This has already been covered at length and with varying degrees of animosity. So I'll digress. But keep the kitchy item and device descriptions. Those are hilarious and always brighten my day.:rolleyes:
    edited March 2010
    I read somewhere that the "lost Champions" (Obsidian, Seeker et al) were changed to fictional members. Like, Millenium City citizens can watch cartoons of them, but they don't "really" exist.

Nostalgia time ...

I kind of miss Seeker, not because I liked him, but because I always hated him so much. A shirtless Australian ninja guy with no mask whose catchphrase was "G'day, miss. Watch this!" So awful. I liked all the rest much better, but I have to admit that Seeker, in his douchiness, was by far the most memorable.

Actually I miss Obsidian too. He kind of filled Ironclad's roles of being both a big brick and an alien, but he was also like the regal, understated king of an alien federation or something. A lot of depth there. I like Ironclad too though.

I also miss Defender's old armored suit with the shiny, faceless helmet, and his slighter build. I guess the generic musclebound dork look is good to have for the leader of MC's banner team, but yeah, he used to be a lot more interesting.

Speaking of nostalgia .... wow. Steve Long posting on our board. Kind of a strange collision of worlds between my childhood and today!
    edited March 2010
    ZombraI wrote:
    I kind of miss Seeker, not because I liked him, but because I always hated him so much.
    Seeker getting beaten up on the cover was a good quality indicator for 4th edition books (and yes, it happened quite regularly). For anyone curious about the nostalgia, here is the best image I could find of the 4th edition rulebook. Seeker is the bare-chested guy on the left, being shot at by Doctor Destroyer. In the background we have Solitaire (in the cloak) and Defender (on the ground).
    edited March 2010
    So, Seeker is kind of like Wolverine. Everyone hates his guts and wishes he would just die already?
    edited March 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Aside from Defender I didn't much care for most of them, so when we revamped everything for 5E I simply removed them from the continuity and came up with new members of the Champions that suited my purposes better.

That's really too bad, as I actually preferred that line up to the current one... The 4th versions had more of an international feel too them... Although I never was a big fan of Seeker... He seemed a better solo hero than a team member... I certainly liked Solitare better than Witchcraft and Obsidian better than Ironclad (although that was primarily a name and appearance change, character itself is about the same)

Just mho...
    edited March 2010
    I'll second that and add one

Solitaire > Witchcraft

Quantum > Sapphire

OG Defender > CO Defender
    edited March 2010
    Pantagruel wrote:
    Seeker getting beaten up on the cover was a good quality indicator for 4th edition books (and yes, it happened quite regularly). For anyone curious about the nostalgia, here is the best image I could find of the 4th edition rulebook. Seeker is the bare-chested guy on the left, being shot at by Doctor Destroyer. In the background we have Solitaire (in the cloak) and Defender (on the ground).

And of course, the 4th ed Dr. Destroyer is the one I like to hate!
    edited March 2010
    Sigh.

Just like in all of the old modules/expansion books/etc the talk is about Seeker. The gloryhound.

Where is the Jaguar love !!!!!
    edited March 2010
    Ashen_X wrote:
    Oh right, the guy with an HKA, no resistant defenses, and low body.
    edited March 2010
    Ashen_X wrote:
    Sigh.

Just like in all of the old modules/expansion books/etc the talk is about Seeker. The gloryhound.

Ah Jaguar. The Fifth Beatle of the Champions...
    edited March 2010
    Pantagruel wrote:
    Oh right, the guy with an HKA, no resistant defenses, and low body.

Thats teh one!!!!

Seriously though where is he ?

SHallow grave perhaps ?

I mean he didnt have much in the way of helath and was relying on LR for his passive....
    edited March 2010
    Ashen_X wrote:
    Sigh.
    Hey, I already apologized for that! I can't help it that S**k*r was more memorable even though the reason for that was because I hated him so much. Honestly I didn't remember Jaguar at all until others here mentioned him. (I remember him now. I'm recalling the drawing of him and the fact that he had an extraordinarily Spanish real name.)

But you're absolutely right. We should remember the meritorious stuff from the past, not the dreck! So I'll post about my absolute favorite legacy Champions PnP character: ARMADILLO. Why is Armadillo so unforgettable? Because he had the best trait of any character I have ever seen in a superhero game:

Psychological Limitation: Always Announces What He Is Going To Do.

Most genre-appropriate thing ever.
    edited March 2010
    Zombra wrote:
    Hey, I already apologized for that! I can't help it that S**k*r was more memorable even though the reason for that was because I hated him so much. Honestly I didn't remember Jaguar at all until others here mentioned him. (I remember him now. I'm recalling the drawing of him and the fact that he had an extraordinarily Spanish real name.)

But you're absolutely right. We should remember the meritorious stuff from the past, not the dreck! So I'll post about my absolute favorite legacy Champions PnP character: ARMADILLO. Why is Armadillo so unforgettable? Because he had the best trait of any character I have ever seen in a superhero game:

Psychological Limitation: Always Announces What He Is Going To Do.

Most genre-appropriate thing ever.

Personally I am hoping they introduce some of the champions villain groups to CO. Eurostar and CLOWN ftw.
    edited March 2010
    What is VIPEr, PSI, DEMON and all the others? :p Those are Champions groups.
    edited March 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    What is VIPEr, PSI, DEMON and all the others? :p Those are Champions groups.

With the exception of PSI, which originally appeared in the Mind Games supplement for fourth edition, those are all agencies (using the champions distinction).

Edit: just realized the point of confusion. When I say villain groups I am referring to the likes of the Ultimates, Eurostar, the Asesinos, etc. Groups coprised entirely of named supervillains. Essentially villainous versions of SG's.
    edited March 2010
    Ashen_X wrote:
    When I say villain groups I am referring to the likes of the Ultimates, Eurostar, the Asesinos, etc. Groups coprised entirely of named supervillains. Essentially villainous versions of SG's.

You forget the mighty GEODESICS! The only villain group a newly made hero could whip by him/herself. In fact I'm pretty sure I had a DNPC that beat up two of them.
    edited March 2010
    What about Mechanon? The lore points to him (on the moon?)... We can see his influence in Snake Gulch.

I was holding out for him to appear in an expansion within the first year. Although have to admit... If we eventually encounter Mechanon I'm hoping he isn't campy... Just a cold, calculating human-murdering machine. I guess robot cowboy minions aren't a good indicator of that though... :)

So we have robot cowboys in the desert... Robot pirates in Lemuria... Where are the robot ninjas?

Seriously though. I like the darker, more serious angle that came with the Vibora Bay expansion. I think we're all old enough that the storyline and characters can take themselves a little more seriously.
    edited March 2010
    Virp wrote:
    What about Mechanon?
    Mechanon was always the scariest Champions villain to me. Way scarier than Dr. D. I loved the idea that, however a group of heroes defeated him, he would come back later rebuilt with a specific defense so that the same method wouldn't work again. That couldn't possibly work in this game :) but I'm hoping that we actually see him some time soon, and that he lives up to his enormous terror potential.
    edited March 2010
    Zombra wrote:
    Mechanon was always the scariest Champions villain to me. Way scarier than Dr. D. I loved the idea that, however a group of heroes defeated him, he would come back later rebuilt with a specific defense so that the same method wouldn't work again. That couldn't possibly work in this game :) but I'm hoping that we actually see him some time soon, and that he lives up to his enormous terror potential.

It could work. Mechanon would essentially be like a Lord Nemesis of Champions, everytime you think yu've killed him he comes back bigger, better and stronger... well in Lord Nemesis case just easier to beat, but I am sure it could be pulled off. The problem is with a character like that, he would eventually start to get dull. So, it would be best to use him sparingly.
    edited March 2010
    I was always fond of Mechanon; used him far more than I've ever used Dr D.

Adaptive defenses are a neat idea: every time you get hit by an attack, you acquire a stack of defense against one damage type, and there's a limit to how many total stacks (of all different types put together) you can have. It's a bit problematic as a PC power, but it's fine for a boss power.
    edited March 2010
    Pantagruel wrote:
    I was always fond of Mechanon; used him far more than I've ever used Dr D.

Adaptive defenses are a neat idea: every time you get hit by an attack, you acquire a stack of defense against one damage type, and there's a limit to how many total stacks (of all different types put together) you can have. It's a bit problematic as a PC power, but it's fine for a boss power.

Mechanon would be an encounter I would save for when they might include raid class content.
    edited March 2010
    Professor Muerte was a favorite recurring villain in our PnP campaign. I read somewhere that there is some IP issue preventing Cryptic from using him, but it would be great to see him (and hear that accent!) in-game.

Also, I'd love to see the Minuteman robots, although I suppose it would require some sort of alternate reality adventure pack where heroes were the outlaws like in the X-Men Days of Future Past storyline.
    edited March 2010
    What was the name of the Galactus knockoff for Champions. I remember seeing him in one of the old ENEMIES books.
    edited March 2010
    Seismic_ wrote:
    Professor Muerte was a favorite recurring villain in our PnP campaign. I read somewhere that there is some IP issue preventing Cryptic from using him, but it would be great to see him (and hear that accent!) in-game.

Also, I'd love to see the Minuteman robots, although I suppose it would require some sort of alternate reality adventure pack where heroes were the outlaws like in the X-Men Days of Future Past storyline.
    Professor Muerte was not owned by Hero Games at the time of the IP sale to Cryptic. The character is currently under license from the creator to Heroic Publishing. You can see him there in some of their "Champions" comics.
    edited May 2010
    Champions PnP was the first dice game I ever played. That said, I was off to try as many other games as I could and left Champions behind at the age of 14. I didn't pick up another book until the Hero Games Core Book was released and even then I didn't get back into it. I had always told my gaming buddies what great memories I had of the game and how much I would like to introduce them to it, bu it never happened. I suppose a lot changed in all this time, but when I heard that it was being turned into an MMO, I was like a giddy school girl. After 4 years of CoX, I canceled my sub at Open Beta and haven't looked back.

I'm sure that the PnP version has matured and changed just like everything else and that my absence from it is probably the reason for this alienated feeling I have, but I think that the Lore of the game really should include, at least, tales of these characters that jumpstarted such a fantastic game. Maybe even include flashback missions to early Champions and give us old timers the chance to put these baddies down the way we used to in our imagination. :D

Ankylosaur DOES get mentioned by Armadillo in the Argent Cave. So, technically, he's 'in the game' but probably not 'in the game' proper yet. Same thing with Mechanon. There is still a lot of setup for Villains being put into the game. Leech is in the game.
    edited May 2010
    I miss Rose and Marksman.

OG Marksman before he got his hair-cut for the comics. I still have a lead figure of him.

A disgruntled, crazy Marksman as one of my Nemesi:
    edited May 2010
    Animaniac wrote:
    I miss Rose and Marksman.

OG Marksman before he got his hair-cut for the comics. I still have a lead figure of him.

A disgruntled, crazy Marksman as one of my Nemesi:
    Is Marksman no longer a prohibited word? :eek:
    edited May 2010
    How many actual villains are there. Part of the reason i'm asking is we've been talking about randomizing villain appearances in stuff but a worry is that there are not many villains to grab from. There will be specifics but is it quite an extensive list?
    edited May 2010
    You can probably get a decent list of them here. Of course there are several dozen master mystics, martial artists and everything being renowned as the world's foremost, or something similar to that.
    edited May 2010
    Brilliant thanks for that i'll have a deeper look later. But I did spot this ...
    Valak the World-Ravager: Immensely powerful cosmic being who exists only to fight, smash, and destroy. As of February 2008 he's incarcerated in hot sleep in Stronghold.

.. and got very scared.
    edited May 2010
    Yes, there are many story arc potnetials out there in Champions Universe. We've only hit the tip of the ice berg.
    edited May 2010
    Brilliant thanks for that i'll have a deeper look later. But I did spot this ...
    Quote:
    Valak the World-Ravager: Immensely powerful cosmic being who exists only to fight, smash, and destroy. As of February 2008 he's incarcerated in hot sleep in Stronghold.

.. and got very scared.

It's a wonder we never hear from him during the whole Menton fiasco.

I could easily see them creating a Stronghold Part Deux with Taipan in the Outback.