test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestions Box
I can hear you think with this post " o no, not another rant"
But before you take out your flamethrowers, i am simply posting this because of: "why i am not going to get this game right from the start / later on"
, so the dev might get some feedback out of this.

SUMMERY (read this if you can' t be bothered)

1.- It's 5X more expensive from the start then other already exiting MMO' s + no trail to test it
2. - can' t find any EU information
3. - No grouping needed is a - point for me in a MMO
4. - level 20 is enough to seen most of it

=============================

1.- Price.
Don't get me wrong on this, i am not talking about the monthly fee.
I am talking about the fee to buy the game at
I bought COH/V pack because it was rather cheap, and came with a mouthy free trail. (14$)
this said to me: if it sucks, i din' t loose that much money over it, and if its good, good.
World of wacraft at this point costs 10$, and that's also including a mouth free time.
This game costs $49.99, and has (as far as i know) no free mouth play
+ if you want to have the lifetime subscription, you need to pay a total of 250$.
250$!
I can buy a Ps3 80 GB for that
I can buy a Xbox 360 with 3 games for that
i can buy a 50inc Widescreen Plasma TV for that

2.- No EU love
I can' t find any EU status of this game, i have no clue if there is one.
Times are posted in US times, making me have to calculate down time.
Perhaps during the release there will be more info

3. No Grouping
I love the action style gameplay, it has a nice fast pace and some nicer fighting systems.
but the lack of needing to group up is for me its downfall.
i might as well play a single player action game then :S.
i'm playing a MMO so i need to meet players , group up. have fights about loots.
so far, i have been in a few group, and it still felt as if i was the only one there.
I am sure monster island can need more, but (as stated in point 1) i don't want to spend so much money for a "perhaps"

4. at level 20, i seen most of it
or at least, that's what it felt like.
I'm sure there are more really cool stuff to do in that area called Canada, but really sending me back there is a slap in my face.
it' s like getting out of westfall and going into duskwood, wear they say, instead of going to strangletorn ville, go back to westfall"
or going to atlas park, then steel canon, and then asking you to go back to atlas park and level some more.
My experience with the power is that at level 20, i got what i wanted.
I wanted all the gun slinging moves with pistols and some nice back flips.
so i got that, and the next 20 levels it was like " so what other powers do you want that you will never use?

========================================

I am sure a lot of you just think:
"well leave we are not gonna miss you"
or
"they will not make the the game different for you."
and i know this already, i just wanted to let you know that these 4 reasons are at this point my reason for not getting it.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest, feedback of what you think is welcome
feedback of " LOLOLOL BYE" is not
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    City of Heroes cost $49.99 when it first came out (and you had to buy City of Villains separately...). World of Warcraft cost $49.99 when it first came out. Pretty much every box release MMO costs $49.99 when it first came out. When games get old or have recouped as much at full price as they can, they become discounted or "Greatest Hits." This is where they draw in additional "second accounts" or those who think "wow, a $50 game for $20! I should get it!" type folks.

You are not required to buy a lifetime sub. Those other games you bought at discounted prices don't even offer them. You're paying $15 (or whatnot) per month and they don't even offer the option of a lifetime sub (which makes your play time free after 13-14 months if you stay that long. If you're not... you didn't need a lifetime sub, anyway). You must know some amazing video shops (or criminals) if you can buy a 50" plasma TV for $250... (a quick search on NexTag turns up a low price of of $800).

I have great difficulty finding your first point valid. You present a very skewed (and arguably false) argument.

Your second point; If they are doing a EU release then you should certainly have the info. I sincerely doubt this is an oversight. If you're in the EU and there is not yet any EU release info then they aren't intending to sell to you yet, anyway. Sorry, I don't understand these marketing decisions either. Expecting all the times to be translated for you, however, is kind of odd. In game time is "server time." Those not in that time zone have to convert times, too. Posted time for the devs is in their time zone which, again, those not in that zone would have to convert also. Really, it's only +1 to 14 or -1 to 12. It would be silly for them to list 20 lines of times for every time zone. Maybe some EU developers can get on the ball out there and release some stuff that's presented in a way that's closer to home?

I really can't address your personal play experiences. I have encountered situations where grouping was superior to solo. Also, I am keeping in mind that most people really don't have a clue how to play yet, especially with different builds and such, nor have they really hit much of the meatier content. Based on your description though, I would agree this game probably wasn't for you.

I hope you enjoy whatever game you settle on and have fun out there!