test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark Hold

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
The dark hold is fragile, by that i mean if I take damage after 50% charging it, it goes off at 50% and stops charging. I don't have a problem with this as charging it increases it's radius. However, uncharged it's a hold strength 0 (useless) up to hold strength 2 at fully charged (mind you, can't be damaged while charging).

Vs telepathy hold, which is both hold strength 2.2 no matter what charge and not fragile.

I'm asking a) is this a bug?
b) why is it this way?

imo both powers should be either:
constant hold strength no matter the charge
or
not fragile

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    CC is under constant review.... Darkness set took a pretty heavy nerf at the end of CB, i think it will be adressed when the bugs are out the game and balancing becomes the primary focus
  • Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I haven't seen to much problem, I'm still taking names in pvp.

Like I said though it's just annoying to have a power that must be fully charged to be useful (not even that good) and yet after attacking an npc it can't be charged more than 25%, and in pvp i'm lucky to get it over 50-60%

It gets a wider aoe than telepathy so I can see why it would be fragile. I'd take a beating if it allowed me to hold 3/5 players in a cage match. however the hold strength of 0 -> 2 (fully charged) and fragile makes it a wasted power.