test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Darkness / Fire / Gadget

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I went Darkness as my initial and received the 2 powers, the energy builder and a charged attack.
Forgive me I, I don't know all the darkness power names. I also went a more PBAoE build than anything

I took, in addition to those 2 basic ones:

Shadow Form: (rank 3) passive for pvp, extra dmg from paranormal attacks
Shadow Shroud: (rank 3) click, extra dmg from all attacks
Ebon void: (Rank 2, with the advantage for added dmg reduc) The block skill, MASSIVE energy builder when blocking
Spirit Reverberation: (Rank 1) I believe this was power in exchange for hp, useful when starting a fight
Regeneration: (Rank 1) for pve and when stacked with block in pvp, almost nothting can kill you. KB and Hold still works, occasionally.
Pyre: (Rank 3) My bread and butter, at rank with Shroud at lvl 30 this does 2k instant dmg, and the dot tick is another 3k. Full pyre and block while stuff dies.
Sonic Device: (Rank 2, with AOE advantage) This becomes an AOE stun with pyre. This will work with Pyre. It does another 1500-2k dmg, + the aoe dmg to the mob next to it. I could drop heaps of henchmen and villains. With this pyre, and shroud, 85% of a master villains HP are gone, then let the dot kill him. Add in another pyre or 2 and legendary mobs are dead. Shroud, pyre, sonic device, = about 8k in 10 seconds. 5k instantly.
Toxic Nanites: (Rank 3) massive dot dmg to bosses, more overkill in pve, but GREAT fo pvp
I chose fie flight (Rank 3), and teleport.
Self res, forgot name (Rank 1)
Flashfire (Rank 2 I think) for pvp, modeate dot dmg, but something you can place and let sit there. I could have chosen something else, but I liked the animation of my snapping my fingers haha.
The heal, uh, whatever, rank 1 + advanage for holds
Heal bots, ya OP, blah blah, they are :)

For pvp, this build is weak against anyone know knows how to avoid you. If they stand still long enough, you'll destroy them, fast. Most people don' stand still during pvp though.

For Pve this build owns, I have yet to see an AoE than can do as much dmg as pyre and it could do more with a fire spec'd char. On top of Sonic device + stun, and huge dot dmg from toxic nanites and pyre it can't be beaten imo. I could be wrong though, so don't take that as I know everything. I tried a few different builds, but not all of them :)

This build could be better, but it was ok for only spending a day deciding what to go with.

Edit:

I also went Endurance, Constaitution, Recovery. 6800k HP in balanced, 272 Power, 122 equilibrium.