test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endurance builders and end bar size = Terrible

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I played this game in beta, the small reserve of endurance was annoying as you had to open with a builder but then once your bar was full at least you could fire off a bunch of attacks before resorting to the tedious end builder again.

Now however its attack, end builder, attack, end builder, attack, end builder. WTF. How on earth can you define this monotomy as fun? Im sure maybe as i build my character higer and get various gear and stats in place it becomes more bearable but heres some news, if the low levels are not fun to play then I have no interest in getting any higher.

Great GFX, great game play, great character designer, endurance mechanic FAIL. I am eternally grateful that you "sold out" of the special deals because I litteraly was in the process of buying a lifetime membership, thank god I didnt. Every member of my family who were long time COH players and had a go on beta too (pre full bar of endurance but a tiny amount) were going to sub but since trying out the pre-order head start we just have no interest. Such a shame, was really looking forward to playing this game and you ruined it with a retarded mechanic.

Oh well, heres hoping DCU have a good laugh and produce a game thats fum from the start.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Uh...the REC stat increases your equilibrium (how much of your max bar you have at rest). END increases your max energy.

Try using those stats...or look for synergy skills. IE, I have a dex/ego munitions and Killer Instinct gives me energy back when I crit -- which is often.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    personally, I think it's a much better system than (for instance) blasting fireballs at several mobs, and then having to sit down because you've run out of juice, and you need to drink >.>

Not to mention that with several builds I've tried in Beta, I'd end up not using the energy builder most of the time, because there are more effective ways to gain energy. Defensive heroes can block, offensive heroes have "secondary energy unlocks" and "innate passives" that help with energy consumption and generation, and support types tend to stock up on recovery and low energy skills. (nevermind the use of circles and other such tools)

Besides all these possibilities, the energy builders generally don't work anything different than an auto-attack in other games, only with added benefits and sometimes useful mods on them.

Your post leads me to the (hopefully false) conclusion that you've barely finished the tutorial (it takes like half an hour after the first time through, and even the first time doesn't generally take more than an hour) and that you haven't truly explored the options of CO.

Now if you simply don't LIKE the game, that's cool with me. But get your **** of the forum and go play a game you DO like, without blaming a mechanic you seem to have no idea about.

if you DO wish to give the game a chance, try munitions...you'll spend more time attacking with skills than your energy builder, guaranteed.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Why does everyone who finds something they don't like about this game, have to come on here and whine about it. I mean if you don't like the game get your money back and move on. I am so sick of hearing everyone cry about this game not being the way THEY want it to be. If you hate it so much why are you bothering to post on the forums. Just go away.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I find the easiest way to tell if a post will be constructive or not it to read the last sentence/paragraph first. In this case I'm sorry but you came off as a whine, enjoy your other game.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is such a weird complaint.

If the OP played in beta, he should have the same experience. The basic combat mechanic hasn't changed.

He's actually complaining about the really low levels, before you get a chance to get endurance gear?

In other games, you start off with a tiny mana/energy bar. It is essentially the same idea in CO.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, your entire post spells of flames. What's this attack, eb, attack, eb BS you're spouting? In the early levels it's more like turn on your eb, blink and the mob is dead. Maybe throw in your first attack for some flare. Last I checked, you can still lead of with an attack, then turn your eb on. If you EB is not auto firing, go into options, and find the one that lets you turn it to auto.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarielle wrote:
    Uh...the REC stat increases your equilibrium (how much of your max bar you have at rest). END increases your max energy.

Try using those stats...or look for synergy skills. IE, I have a dex/ego munitions and Killer Instinct gives me energy back when I crit -- which is often.

Fury of the Unleashed Tempest stacks with Killer Instinct too, thats even more power + damage increase.

Also INT increases the amount per tick that your END builder gives you.