test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ego Blades?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
I know that any superstat increase damage in similar way.. but Strenght increse meele dmg too so i'm wondering if telekinetik meele powers are influenced by strenght and take more from strenght as superstat.
Thanks
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    According to the power tooltip, Ego blade damage scales with End
    edited August 2009
    Pawn79 wrote:
    According to the power tooltip, Ego blade damage scales with End

Correction, the power tooltip says that Id Blades scale with END (the double blade version that is active when affected by Ego Form, Ego Surge, or Incisive Wit Surge).
    edited August 2009
    Correction, the power tooltip says that Id Blades scale with END (the double blade version that is active when affected by Ego Form, Ego Surge, or Incisive Wit Surge).

Yeah ID Blades scale with end but the normal damage of ego blades scale with str or not? don't know if take str or ego
    edited August 2009
    See my signature.
    edited August 2009
    MayaviRupa wrote:
    Yeah ID Blades scale with end but the normal damage of ego blades scale with str or not? don't know if take str or ego

That I don't have an answer to, sadly.

My hero was End/Con Ego blades at lvl40 (with the bump) wearing lvl10 gear. I was putting out some pretty solid numbers without any bonus to Str.

Ego Breach (with Incisive Wit, Shadow Form, and TK Eruption buff) full charge damage would look like this:
    First hit / Second hit

2.2k/2.2k [4.4k total]
    2.5k/2.5k [5k total]
    3k/3k [6k total]
    (runs out of energy)

Those numbers were plenty high for my tastes =D

Again, sorry I can't answer your question.
    edited August 2009
    Multiple stats increase their damage, just based on what the stats do (in addition to being super stats):

STR - melee damage boost (higher damage)
    DEX - increases crit chance (higher damage)
    EGO - increases crit severity (higher damage)
    END - increases strength of Id Blades (higher damage)
    REC - start the fight with more energy (higher damage)
    INT - lower recharge times / lower cost of power (higher damage)

The only two stats that aren't going to help your damage output (beyond their effect as a superstat) are PRE and CON. So pick whatever stats work best with your other powers / character concepts. The melee damage buff from strength is countered out by similar effects from all the other stats.
    edited August 2009
    i thought recovery was not effected until you starting using wepons and power/skils "this stat grants an energy return on damage given or recieved, was the way i understood it. See this is same problem i had with other guys
    post about after lvl 20 the amount of energy a character has becomes paramount to how strong a pvp player he can be i find this conclusion to be confusing because if that were true then every one with super endurance and recovery would curb stomp anybody in a hero match. It just doesnt sound right to me especially since some skills are designed for low en.
    edited August 2009
    supposedly the benefit of STR to melee damage is marginal, but i can't say that from experience.

I would strongly advise to think about any defensive skills or energy generating skills and the stats they may depend on before choosing a super stat.