test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Superjump > Rocket Jump?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Power Discussion
Maybe I'm just blind... Maybe there is something I am not quite grasping...

Superjump and Rocket Jump have the exact same effect, except Superjump's advantage states "While Superjump is active, holds are more difficult to land on you."

Is this clear evidence that Superjump is better then Rocket Jump in terms of benefits? Has Rocket Jump nothing else to contribute? Is Rocket Jump just a slightly gimped form of Superjump?

I must be confused, as there doesn't seem to be a point.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Superjump and Rocket Jump have the exact same effect, except Superjump's advantage states "While Superjump is active, holds are more difficult to land on you."

Is this clear evidence that Superjump is better then Rocket Jump in terms of benefits? Has Rocket Jump nothing else to contribute? Is Rocket Jump just a slightly gimped form of Superjump?

Keep in mind that is an advantage to Super Jump that needs to be purchased. It seems possible, and perhaps even likely that Rocket Jump will have its own unique advantage introduced at some point. Outside of that though, yes, they're the same.
    edited August 2009
    Good question, and one I'm interested to know also.

I do know that I like the rocket jump animation better and it's landing pose is awesome ;)
    edited August 2009
    They look different. That's pretty much all that matters to me between the travel powers that work similarly.
    edited August 2009

Yeah at the moment super jump is slightly better because of the option to not get held, which helps as you traverse areas where you will undoubtedly jump into a large group of mobs. However, I rarely spec my travel abilities for higher ranks or advantages, mostly due to my crap computer not being able to process data fast enough when traveling at top speeds.
    edited August 2009

But that advantage has to be purchased, right? Someone who takes that advantage could only ever be Rank 2 in Superjump, whereas someone with Rocket Boots and no advantage could be Rank 3.
    edited August 2009
    Derella wrote:
    But that advantage has to be purchased, right? Someone who takes that advantage could only ever be Rank 2 in Superjump, whereas someone with Rocket Boots and no advantage could be Rank 3.

Travel power ranks only cost 1 advantage point each, so theoretically you could still max out your travel speed even if you purchase the advantage. That being said, you still have to purchase the advantage, and it means you won't be using those points to purchase something else.