test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mercurion: Speedster Build

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
Never tried making a speedster build due to lack of many appropriate powers. However, I made a costume that fits one, so now I have to see what i can do ;). I know I could take Thundering Kicks to apply Demolish, but I am trying to keep kicks to the minimum. Related to that concern is Dragon Kick. It's a place holder for some kind of stun. Any kind of quick applying and low/no CD is what I want that seems fitting. I'll be stacking Dex. In final gear I think energy should be OK. We'll see.

For groups it will be Sparkstorm + Sword Cyclone. For single target it will be Demolish > Sparkstorm + 2 or 3 x100 Hands (repeat).

Not expecting top of the charts dps, but hoping to more than carry my own.

Mercurion 1 - Freeform (Melee Damage)
v3.45:38

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Protector (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Vicious Strikes
Level 1: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Rank 3, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 6: Steadfast
Level 8: Parry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Form of the Tempest
Level 17: Demolish (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 26: Dragon Kick
Level 29: Lightning Strike
Level 32: Sparkstorm (Electric Personality)
Level 35: Devastating Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Sword Cyclone (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Electric Speed (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (1/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Suggestion: Thunderclap. Fast tap, short CD, aoe, doesn't need any more adv points to be good. ​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I may get the pull-in adv on Sword Cyclone, since it provides some extra CC, grouping enemies up is useful for teammates, and because you can also use 100Hands as AoE when enemies are clumped up in front of you. 100Hands won't be as good as other attacks for single-target, but supplementing w/ Sparkstorm's toggle (and Demolish) can help a bit. And yea, my only other main concern here is w/ energy, but with strong stats/gear it can be fine.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Thanks guys. TC is also on the list of possible stuns. It's just one I use a fair amount (like DK) so trying to remember if there is another quick AoE stun I can employ. I had not thought of Blender on SC. I will give it a try when I take SC out for a "spin" ;).

I've been playing long enough that I don't worry about top of the charts DPS anymore. If the build is fun and I can more than carry my weight it's all good. Sometime I even get a happy surprise. It hadn't donned on me that Wind Reverberation would allow my Wind tank (yes, Wind!) to build and maintain stacks of Weather Shaping just by blocking. Now that's sweet.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. TC is also on the list of possible stuns. It's just one I use a fair amount (like DK) so trying to remember if there is another quick AoE stun I can employ. I had not thought of Blender on SC. I will give it a try when I take SC out for a "spin" ;).

I've been playing long enough that I don't worry about top of the charts DPS anymore. If the build is fun and I can more than carry my weight it's all good. Sometime I even get a happy surprise. It hadn't donned on me that Wind Reverberation would allow my Wind tank (yes, Wind!) to build and maintain stacks of Weather Shaping just by blocking. Now that's sweet.

Lots of agreeing here.

I don't have a Wind tank, yet, but good to know just the block can maintain Form stacks. That was an issue on some of my various ranged tanks, especially Power Armor. Had to get a little creative to maintain those stacks (PA used Sparkstorm w/ toggle adv to keep Concentration stacks).​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"